No announcement yet.

Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boyd goes to 60 day DL and is looking at Tommy John surgery, and Vest to the 15 day DL.....you'd have to be nuts to give starting pitchers big contracts anymore

Comment

• Terrible news regarding Boyd. My favorite Tiger of ths eight years and counting rebuild era. Very few Tiger prospects ever outperform their expectations, when they traded for.him he was not the prize of the trade. A very interesting story on how he was one of the first prominent pitchers to really increase the velocity due to the newer training methods for pitchers.

I liked that they got him back, but I was hoping he was going to be the 4th or 5th most important free agent signings, not the centerpiece.

They need Manning, Erod and Skrubal to come back and hopefully eat some innings. The pen has been a great surprise this season. But they rely on it too much and it's going to implode if the starters don't pitch deeper into games.

Comment

• Texas took it to them again last night.

1 more game left in the Lone Star State, then off to the high altitude of Colorado for a 3-game set.
        "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
        My friend Ken L

Comment

• Tigers got a 4-game split with the Texas Rangers today.

Torkelson with 2 home runs today, one a 3-run blast.

Detroit now goes to Colorado for a 3-game set in the Mile High City.
          My friend Ken L

Comment

• Good win

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              Good win
              Yep unfortunately, Reese Olson took a LD off his knee and had to leave the game in the second inning. He dropped to the ground and was holding his leg. Initial reports call it a left knee continusion.
              2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• They are still shitty, but a win is a win. Lange was beyond shaky today.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  They are still shitty, but a win is a win. Lange was beyond shaky today.
                  He was trying his hardest to cough up the 9th inning lead.

I haven't felt so much heart attack anxiety since the days of Todd Jones.
                  My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post

He was trying his hardest to cough up the 9th inning lead.

I haven't felt so much heart attack anxiety since the days of Todd Jones.
                    Ha! I remember those days. Still have the ulcer! lol
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I see that Colt Keith is popping off. Very rare win for Avila.

Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                      Boyd goes to 60 day DL and is looking at Tommy John surgery, and Vest to the 15 day DL.....you'd have to be nuts to give starting pitchers big contracts anymore
                      What is going on with all of the injuries? Specifically the pitchers. Seems like the Tigers have had terrible luck there recently. Greene, Mize, Skubal, Manning, Erod, Boyd, Turnbull, Faedo, Jobe, etc.
                      Frustrating. Though several are coming off of the injury report soon. Fingers crossed for a healthy run this summer.​
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                        I see that Colt Keith is popping off. Very rare win for Avila.

What is going on with all of the injuries? Specifically the pitchers. Seems like the Tigers have had terrible luck there recently. Greene, Mize, Skubal, Manning, Erod, Boyd, Turnbull, Faedo, Jobe, etc.
                        Frustrating. Though several are coming off of the injury report soon. Fingers crossed for a healthy run this summer.​
                        When was the last time the Tigers had a season that wasn’t marked with an inordinate amount of injuries to the pitching staff. Seems like they lose 3 or 4 starters to season ending injuries every year
                        "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• Originally posted by mason reese View Post

When was the last time the Tigers had a season that wasn’t marked with an inordinate amount of injuries to the pitching staff. Seems like they lose 3 or 4 starters to season ending injuries every year
                          I dont think its a Tiger only issue, it is most likely a league wide issue...I remember a few years ago with the Lions we thought they were just ravished by injuries....so I looked up injuries league wide, and the Lions were 13th in players on the inactive list at that time....
                          Last edited by ghandi; July 2, 2023, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post

I dont think its a Tiger only issue, it is most likely a league wide issue...I remember a few years ago with the Lions we thought they were just ravished by injuries....so I looked up injuries league wide, and the Lions were 13th in players on the inactive list at that time....
                            Because it's not a Tigers' only issue. Even when the Lions were legitimately one of the worst teams into total games lost to injury, they were never beyond standard deviation. It hurt the Lions (just as it hurts the Tigers) more than it should because the Lions (and the Tigers) depth of talent was absolute ass. Hell, right now the Tigers are starting guys that wouldn't be a winning team's bench warmers. How good do you think the Tigers AAA guys are?

Comment

• Tigers took 2 of 3 from the Rockies in the Mile High air.
                              My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post
                                Tigers took 2 of 3 from the Rockies in the Mile High air.
                                Hard to believe any every day player would ever leave Colorado....

Comment

Working...
                                X