No announcement yet.

Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This thread is going to be a shit show until Avila is fired. What do you think about the coaching staff?
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I think it doesn't matter who the manager and coaches are. The Tigers could hire us to do the job and the results would be the same. The talent level is putrid, and the investment in the developmental infrastructure of "the farm" is so pathetic that any prospect comes into The Show at such a disadvantage that the odds they'll amount to anything is artificially low.

Comment

• Pena is a good call, he was useful and would be their best hitter right now even if he was just above a replacement level player with the Tigers. But it illustrates the problem with these deadline trades. If you add up the WAR with those 5 players it turns out to 26 WAR over 31 seasons. Verlander alone has 19.0 WAR over 5 seasons not including last year when he didn't pitch.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
          I think it doesn't matter who the manager and coaches are. The Tigers could hire us to do the job and the results would be the same. The talent level is putrid, and the investment in the developmental infrastructure of "the farm" is so pathetic that any prospect comes into The Show at such a disadvantage that the odds they'll amount to anything is artificially low.
          Yeah, every new regime you would see some story in the News or Freep about how they are revamping the minors, but it seems like it never changes. The farm system is kind of a black box concept. You certainly aren't going to get an expose on why they are bad in the local media. They are better at producing pitchers, but only that they seemed to be at league average at producing pitchers from the farm. In the 90s, the pitching was awful. They have been bad at producing everyday players since Fetzer gutted the minors and it seems to have gotten worse under Avila.

Comment

• Off topic ... but I think Bobby Abreu should be in the hall of fame. He had a long run where he was an on base, power, steals machine. In his best 7 year stretch he averaged over 100 walks, around 25 homers, 30 steals with a + .300 average and + .400 OBP.

Great player
            WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Rumors have it that the Angels are shopping Ohtani.

This is why it's stupid to "sell sell sell." If you can't construct even a decent team around Ohtani and Trout, you've got problems that no amount of trade resources can fix.

Comment

• Tigers would be lucky if they had someone as good as Ohtani. Trout could be f***ed now due to his back situation.

I don’t see any problem with selling some of the bullpen arms on short term/ 1 year contacts.

The more I think about it… actually rooting for the Tigers to do nothing at the trade deadline because it’s highly likely Avila will get fleeced if he does anything. Buying or selling.

Now selling Skubal? That rumor is pure lunacy given his contact situation. Please don’t…
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I wouldn't trade Skubal for sure...hes the only starter they have that isnt hurt every ten minutes....but then I think about Matthew Boyd and how they were always going to trade him....and ended up with nothing....

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                    Tigers would be lucky if they had someone as good as Ohtani. Trout could be f***ed now due to his back situation.

I don’t see any problem with selling some of the bullpen arms on short term/ 1 year contacts.

The more I think about it… actually rooting for the Tigers to do nothing at the trade deadline because it’s highly likely Avila will get fleeced if he does anything. Buying or selling.

Now selling Skubal? That rumor is pure lunacy given his contact situation. Please don’t…
                    They would have to be overwhelmed for Skubal to be dealt.

There have been several good trades Avila has made over the years.
                    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I would trade everyone in the farm system for Ohtani. The Angels would be dumb to trade him.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        I would trade everyone in the farm system for Ohtani. The Angels would be dumb to trade him.
                        I would love to get Ohtani. Holy god that would be a franchise cornerstone. And the Angels need a quanity of controllable assests.
                        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

They would have to be overwhelmed for Skubal to be dealt.

There have been several good trades Avila has made over the years.
                          Several good trades as in ~2 & 1/2 out of 30 trades have been good?

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Whitley, are you related to Al Avila?
                            Last edited by Da Geezer; July 29, 2022, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post

Several good trades as in ~2 & 1/2 out of 30 trades have been good?

Most of his trades have not had an impact either way. But off the top of my head in no particular order
                              1) trading for K-rod. Gave up nothing (Javier Betancourt) and Rodriguez was very good closer for the 16 Tigers.

2) Trading for maybin. Gave up a couple fringy rp (krol am speier). Great deal. Maybin was solid offensive player for the tigers his full year here..

3) Trading for Willi Castro. Gave up Leonys Martin who is out of baseball. Castro is a bat first guy who was awful at SS defensively. But he has shown he can get really hot for a stretch.

4) trading for Eric Haase. Basically just bought up from Cleveland. Haase is a legit major leaguer not sure he is a full time starter but can be productive in a time share C.

5) Trading for Candelario (and Paredes). Gave a decent rp I. Justin Wilson and a backup C. Candelario has been awful this year but previous two years looked like a real piece of the puzzle.

​​​​

Comment

• Holy shit you are bending over backwards. Eric Haase? WTF when you have to laud a .720 OPS who is crap defensively you are scraping the barrel. Avila has been GM for 7 fucking years and most of those trades were for short timers.

Comment

Working...
                                X