Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mason reese View Post
    What’s the read on Tork? In over his head or growing pains? His strikeout rate is crazy, he’s currently on a 180+ pace.
    Growing pains. He is working the count still and getting his pitches but he is just missing them right now.

The problem that the Tigers have is the same problem they had going into the season (even with the trade for Meadows) there just is not a guy that is a tentpole in the lineup. A guy....like Sparky Anderson used to say...a guy that you make sure he is not going to beat you.

Baez and Meadows can be guys that get hot and carry you for a couple weeks but there is not a guy that can do it for a month or two. The lineup is made up of a lot of guys that can hit but they need a lot of them to be hitting at the same time.

This team will hit a bit. If the pitching can stay this good it will be a fun season in Detroit.
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• The Tigers need to trade pitching for hitting.

Looking like another top-5 draft pick though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

Growing pains. He is working the count still and getting his pitches but he is just missing them right now.

The problem that the Tigers have is the same problem they had going into the season (even with the trade for Meadows) there just is not a guy that is a tentpole in the lineup. A guy....like Sparky Anderson used to say...a guy that you make sure he is not going to beat you.

Baez and Meadows can be guys that get hot and carry you for a couple weeks but there is not a guy that can do it for a month or two. The lineup is made up of a lot of guys that can hit but they need a lot of them to be hitting at the same time.

This team will hit a bit. If the pitching can stay this good it will be a fun season in Detroit.
        Their offense is putrid and their defense might be worse, they are not going to be fun to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

Their offense is putrid and their defense might be worse, they are not going to be fun to watch.
          Offense has not been good. But the defense is about the middle of the pack with Errors (8th in the 15 team AL) and fielding percentage (9th).
          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• What is the defense ranked in giving away games?

Whitley - this team is giving away the season in the first month. How fun is that to watch? Best case scenario would be doing the same shit as last year, win a bunch of meaningless games to come somewhat close to .500. That's not fun, that sucks.

Comment

• I don’t think I’m a greedy fan for expecting a team to actually win in year 7 of a GM’s tenure. A playoff appearance would be nice.

Enough is enough with this rebuild. It’s incompetency when it comes to ownership and management by this point. My patience is gone.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Maybe it's a 10-year rebuilding process in baseball too! Have you guys even once thought about that?

Comment

• I don't know how Avila was given the reigns and have kept them for so long. It was like continuing to push Mayhew or Blashill. They just don't make sense
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• "He's cheap, and I can blame him when things inevitably go wrong."

Welcome to the mind of Chris Illitch. I recommend you not try to stay.

Comment

• Mayhew was a debacle as well. Yeah he had some pretty decent drafts but how in the holy f*ck can you hand the team over to the understudy of the worst GM run in pro football ever (at the time). That was the dumbest shit I've ever seen
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Mayhew was better than Avila. At least the Lions made the playoffs twice (2011, 2014) in 7 seasons from 2009-2015. More talent on those mid-2010 Lions rosters with 2014 being the peak year.

I’m tired of the excuses for the Tigers/ Avila. Sure, a few injuries. Who’s to blame for the depth issue if that’s the excuse? 99% of the roster in the organization… top to bottom … was acquired by Avila.

I don’t have a solution because Chris Ilitch now comes across as an incompetent owner to me. I would suggest to just hire a Tampa Bay front office executive as GM if you don’t want to spend that much money, but that’s too much to ask for.
                        The bigger issue right now is Avila is not good at his job.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I 100% agree with that last sentence. He sucks
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Unless they are willing to pony up money to go out and spend money on top notch from office types, it doesn't matter. Back 5-7 years ago when people were fantasizing on doing what the Cubs and Astros did, it overlooked the fact that both of those organizations had better farm systems and forward thinking from offices. Avila needs to go, but unless they do what Mike Ilitch did and hire a DD type to remake the organization it doesn't matter.

Comment

• They lost today 2-0, but at least they had 4 hits, one was even a double.

Comment

• But it’s the umps fault. That’s the new excuse.

Nothing to see here about Al Avila or any common thread about the 8-20 start/ last several years.

Explosion Reaction GIF
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X