Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miggy gets 3000.

Comment

• Fantastic. One of the best trades any Detroit team ever made.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Our offense has been putrid. This team is a very boring watch. They will heat up, but so will the rest of the league.

Comment

• They got a whopping 2 hits in tonight's 5-0 loss. We need Harry Doyle to do play by play for this team.

Comment

• I loved Bob Ufer.
            GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• It's like their only season goal was seeing hit #3,000.

Comment

• In what year is the vaunted Tiger farm system going to hell contribute to a good team? This team blows chunks.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  In what year is the vaunted Tiger farm system going to hell contribute to a good team? This team blows chunks.
                  Avila is worse than Randy Smith, and that's saying something.

2nd worst offense in all of MLB, I think.

So where's the bats that this team is supposed to have coming up? I can also see our Manager jumping ship after this year if this team doesn't improve, and I don't blame him.

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                  My friend Ken L

Comment

• They definitely need to get of Avila but the next guy won't be any better, Chris Ilitch keeps on trying to win on the cheap. What Avila is charged with doing is as hard as it was for Radar Randy Smith. They have only had any success with the Ilitch ownership when they head hunted for Dombrowski and opened the pocketbooks.
                    Last edited by froot loops; May 8, 2022, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• BuHt hE sPEnT mONaY On BaeZ aNd PeOpLEs!

Comment

• Al Avila as full time GM:
                        2016 - 86-75
                        2017 - 64-98
                        2018 - 64-98
                        2019 - 47-114
                        2020 - 23-35
                        2021 - 77-85
                        2022 - 8-19

.41 winning percentage as GM in 7 seasons.
                        No playoff appearances.

This is borderline a WCF + Millen repeat, but the Detroit Tigers version of it. Not quite as bad because I’m sure Millen’s GM record is much worse than .41.

I recommend not spending any money on the Tigers until they deserve it.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• 41 percent is lowest you can go. That is 66 wins in a 162 game season. There is an old addage in baseball that everyone wins 60 games and everyone loses 60 games and it is what you do in the 40 remaining games is what determines your season. What Chris Ilitch is trying didn't work in the Radar era and isn't working now. The farm system devlopment system is trash, if all you are doing is tanking seasons and waiting for 1st and 2nd round picks to hit, you are destined to fail.

They got one hit today.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            41 percent is lowest you can go. That is 66 wins in a 162 game season. There is an old addage in baseball that everyone wins 60 games and everyone loses 60 games and it is what you do in the 40 remaining games is what determines your season. What Chris Ilitch is trying didn't work in the Radar era and isn't working now. The farm system devlopment system is trash, if all you are doing is tanking seasons and waiting for 1st and 2nd round picks to hit, you are destined to fail.

They got one hit today.
                            ONE HIT????

Maybe Ilitch needs to sell the team if he won't put a decent product on the field.

For one thing, the Division the Detroit Tigers are in isn't exactly the AL East, where you have to keep up with the super spending teams in the NY Yankees and Boston Red Sox, to say nothing of the extremely thrifty (and well run) Tampa Bay Rays.

The Kansas City Royals, the Chicago White Sox, the Cleveland Guardians, and the Minnesota Twins aren't the Yankees, Red Sox, or even the Houston Astros, who just swept us today. All those teams in the Central go through periods of when they're good, and then get awful. All the time Avila has been GM since the team fired Dombrowski in '15 has been mediocre at best.
                            "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                            My friend Ken L

Comment

• Has anybody seen JV pitch lately.
                              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• What’s the read on Tork? In over his head or growing pains? His strikeout rate is crazy, he’s currently on a 180+ pace.
                                "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

Working...
                                X