No announcement yet.

Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m not really a fan of giving this dude $300+ or whatever it will cost. He’s a really good player, but has missed a lot of games due to back issues already. I just don’t think you sell tickets by people wanting to watch Correa live. He’s just not a flashy superstar level player.

He’s a major red flag giving a mega deal. Never finished higher than 17 in MVP voting. I know the defense heavily outweighs the offensive metrics, but this dude is risky. He’s missed a lot of games.

Comment

• I don't care who it is, but get an established shortstop and it could do wonders for this team.

Comment

• I wonder what Travis Fryman is doing
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
          I’m not really a fan of giving this dude $300+ or whatever it will cost. He’s a really good player, but has missed a lot of games due to back issues already. I just don’t think you sell tickets by people wanting to watch Correa live. He’s just not a flashy superstar level player.

He’s a major red flag giving a mega deal. Never finished higher than 17 in MVP voting. I know the defense heavily outweighs the offensive metrics, but this dude is risky. He’s missed a lot of games.
          I am not sure Correa gets 300+ million (mostly because I think there is a glut of SS and not enough teams that are willing to pay the price). That being said there is a way to do the 300+ million that is fair both ways. It would look something like this

Years 1-4: 30 million per (covers age 27-30) with an opt out after year 4 (contract worth 120/4)
          Years 5-6: 32 million (ages 31-32) opt out after year 6 (contract worth 184/6)
          Years 7-8: 34 million (ages 33-34) (contract worth 252/8)
          Years 9-10: 36 million vesting option---the option would vest with a top 5 MVP finish (year 9 and 10) or (for year 10 only) a combination top 5f finish in MVP voting when adding years 8 and 9.
          TOTAL CONTRACT: 324/10

That I think would be a fair contract for both sides. I think Correa can be a face of the franchise (though he doesn't have to be with miggy around the next 2 years)
          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• You have to be taking a humongous leap of faith that he's the franchise given that injury history.
            Even the guys the Old Man signed weren't signed at a premium like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

I am not sure Correa gets 300+ million (mostly because I think there is a glut of SS and not enough teams that are willing to pay the price). That being said there is a way to do the 300+ million that is fair both ways. It would look something like this

Years 1-4: 30 million per (covers age 27-30) with an opt out after year 4 (contract worth 120/4)
              Years 5-6: 32 million (ages 31-32) opt out after year 6 (contract worth 184/6)
              Years 7-8: 34 million (ages 33-34) (contract worth 252/8)
              Years 9-10: 36 million vesting option---the option would vest with a top 5 MVP finish (year 9 and 10) or (for year 10 only) a combination top 5f finish in MVP voting when adding years 8 and 9.
              TOTAL CONTRACT: 324/10

That I think would be a fair contract for both sides. I think Correa can be a face of the franchise (though he doesn't have to be with miggy around the next 2 years)
              I can’t believe you took the time to type all of that out. That more work that Avila has done in at least 5 years
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                You have to be taking a humongous leap of faith that he's the franchise given that injury history.
                Even the guys the Old Man signed weren't signed at a premium like that.
                OMI paid market price and above for stars. Pudge Rodriguez, at the age of 32, pretty much got the exact contract he wanted. Magglio Ordonez was coming off a significant injury that led him getting an experimental surgery/procedure in Europe. Prince Fielder, after the VMART injury, got a 214/9 year deal from the Tigers.
                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• That Pudge signing is what sparked it all.

Pudge, the trade for Guillen, and getting Verlander to sign his rookie deal. Those moves were crazy awesome by DD.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• And getting Mags
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Tigers did… something!
                      Mediocre ERA and WHIP, but favorable FIP stats in his career. Not anything I’m blown away by or angry at. It’s whatever for now.

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• He'll benefit from the park change, that probably means Boyd is on to greener pastures.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                          Tigers did… something!
                          Mediocre ERA and WHIP, but favorable FIP stats in his career. Not anything I’m blown away by or angry at. It’s whatever for now.

Wow that's a nice pickup. He's not JV but thats a step in the right direction
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I still can't believe Correa is going to command the type of money that he's going to get. There's no way he's worth that right?
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Holy crap... talk about coincidence

"The No. 1 ranked free agent available is former Houston Astros SS Carlos Correa and everybody is waiting patiently (some not so much) to find out where he will sign.

Well, Correa recently updated his Twitter bio (before quickly taking it down) and it just so happened to include a Tiger!"

F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Huh. If true, sounds like a done deal. There are other rumors out there too.
                                I understand it’s risky because of Correa’s injury concerns. Valid concern. At the same time, I’m ready for some risk with this organization. Enough with being boring.
                                There were concerns when the Broncos signed Peyton Manning and the Saints signed Brees. FA injury concerns in sports go both ways.

Eduardo Rodriguez’s nickname is E-Rod. Pretty cool.
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X