No announcement yet.

Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can get why they're not starting the clock NOW, in a season that is already practically done and dusted.

But yeah, if they are waiting until middle of NEXT season to bring him up, fuck that weaseling.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
      It’s not just the Tigers. Every MLB team does the same shit. It’s about control over when the player can hit FA. If it wasn’t a factor players would be called up sooner

Regardless, players would still need to play AAA ball. It’s a fairly logical progression.
      Meh, plenty of players skip AAA. If they're raking against AA, Toledo isn't going to pose any particular mountain they need to climb.

Comment

• Sure if you want to delay the inevitable by wasting his time in Toledo this year fine. I think he would be better off taking his lumps in the Show than at Ned Skeldon but whatever, he won't learn a thing down there, most top prospects have a cup of coffee at most in AAA.

They have some useful parts on the team but they need a shortstop, a first baseman and at least one outfielder at minimum. I'm convinced you fellas talking about keeping him down there are not watching this team daily. Hinch must have found a new cheating scheme, because how he has this team in shouting distance of .500 is a true wonder of modern society

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

Sure if you want to delay the inevitable by wasting his time in Toledo this year fine. I think he would be better off taking his lumps in the Show than at Ned Skeldon but whatever, he won't learn a thing down there, most top prospects have a cup of coffee at most in AAA.

They have some useful parts on the team but they need a shortstop, a first baseman and at least one outfielder at minimum. I'm convinced you fellas talking about keeping him down there are not watching this team daily. Hinch must have found a new cheating scheme, because how he has this team in shouting distance of .500 is a true wonder of modern society
          Not really. You have the development of the kids (Mize, Skubal, Soto, Jake Rogers), a couple huge surprises (Baddoo, Haase) and guys bouncing back from a bad year (Fulmer, Boyd until he was hurt).

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
            MLB service time

Theres zero chance the Tigers would rush Greene or Tork as it would allow them to become free agents sooner. I can’t tell if you guys are kidding or not.
            What are you saving them for? The younger they are when they become FA eligible means you can get the maximum haul for them if you decide not to keep them (and NOT let them go to FA).......

Get'em in there.

Comment

• Exactly, it's like six years away too. Service time manipulation is nonsensical, it's a thing that it sounds good in theory but there is very little in the way of evidence that it helps any team. The team has been wretched for 6 years and you want to wait at least another half season before getting serious so you may be able to squeeze out an extra season in 2029?

If his play determines he is going to get a big contract, you should be happy as hell. You can count on one hand the amount of Tiger developed hitters that have warrantied a big second contract in the last 30 years. He is already 22, if he is here six years, we will most likely seen all of his prime years.

Comment

• I totally expect service time manipulation to be a big issue and dealt with in the next CBA.

I think mid-to late May 2022 (after they get that extra year if it still exists) for Torkelson and Greene. Tork has the clearer path because you can just move Schoop over to 2b.

Greene has a bit harder road. Baddoo and Grossman are locked into starting spots. Then you have Derek Hill and Daz Cameron. Hill is a plus defensive CFer. Can he hit enough to be league average? If he can then he probably starts in CF. Can Greene handle CF defensively (that is where he has played most in the minors)? Daz Cameron can handle all three spots and is probably the 4th OF. You are not going to have Greene up to be part time player. When he comes he is going to play every day.
                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I doubt it gets addressed, a thing like that is always the first thing to get tossed in the negotiations. Plus the MLBPA is so neutered since Fehr left it would be a wonder if they get anything.

Comment

• I still wish we’d have went SS this last draft. That one will come back to bite us
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Way to go, Miggy!!!
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Yep, now get those 45 more hits.

Comment

• Tork isn't looking too ready at AAA
                          WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Don’t tell that to froot
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Eh, screw it. Promote Tork. Matt Manning only needed 7 terrible games in Toledo to be promoted! 😆
                              I don’t really care. Just do what’s right to make sure Torkelson has the confidence to succeed with the Tigers.

The only thing that matters is signing a big $$$ SS this offseason.
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                                Tork isn't looking too ready at AAA
                                That's probably 100% mental.
                                Tork, you mashed your way to a promotion to the show - 30,000+ fans and the bright lights and all of that.....
                                Meh, on 2nd thought, here's a bus ticket to Toledo for your troubles.

Comment

Working...
                                X