Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gibby View Post
    Tigers have a coach. Now they need 25 new players.
    I get the impression that for Hinch to succeed in Detroit, he's going to have to develop the farm system in the Majors - because the farm system struggles to develop much of anything. Essentially, he's going to have to go old school - like the Trammel/Whitaker days - deal with the growing pains and harvest the talent first hand.
    Last edited by Fraquar; October 31, 2020, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• 3 managers in the Central who have won the World Series. If Yost didn’t retire, that would have been 4.

Comment

• We can grab Eddie Rosario for $9.5 this year. He’s a big bat. I would get him.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
          We can grab Eddie Rosario for $9.5 this year. He’s a big bat. I would get him.
          Roasrio cleared waivers. He is not a big bat. He is an above average bat. He is okay but I don't want him at 10 million. Something around 7-8 million we can talk. He doesn't walk that much but does offer some lefty power that the Tigers lineup really needs though I prefer Joc Pederson personally.
          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Is $2 mill really the barrier to getting a guy you seem to agree can help the team tho ... especially when you give up nothing in terms of assets?
            WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
              Is $2 mill really the barrier to getting a guy you seem to agree can help the team tho ... especially when you give up nothing in terms of assets?
              I actually think my 7-8 million is going to be a bit high for him. This is going to be a very very cold FA for the middle class. You don't know if you are going to have fans in the stands for the 2021 season (or if it is even going to start on time). And Rosario is not a guy I am signing multiple years for.
              2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Fair enough
                WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

I actually think my 7-8 million is going to be a bit high for him. This is going to be a very very cold FA for the middle class. You don't know if you are going to have fans in the stands for the 2021 season (or if it is even going to start on time). And Rosario is not a guy I am signing multiple years for.
                  In EVERY sport.
                  If you aren't one of the few Premium FA's, odds are you are going to sign a 1 year deal and take your chances in 2022.

Comment

• David Dahl and Carlos Rodon could be some cheap lotto ticket signings.

Comment

• I like Dahl a lot---but he gets hurt a TON. Schwarber is a guy I would actually go 2-3 years on. There is big power in that bat, and he takes a walk. And he hits lefty to bring some balance into the lineup. Not a great defender---my best friend from high school watches a lot of Cubs game and says he is not a liability out there anymore.

Rodon, though a lefty, is a lottery ticket much like Fulmer. If the Tigers are going to sign a vet starter (and not sure they are going to get one that is more than depth) they need one that is going to take the ball every 5th day since you are going to have to watch innings on Fulmer, Skubal, Mize, Manning and Faedo.

Right now I would be down with an offseason like this

Sign Cesar Hernandez to a one year deal (DFA Travis Demerrite)
                      Sign Jason Castro to a one year deal (DFA Eric Haase)
                      Sign Kyle Schwarber to a 2-3 year deal (DFA Kyle Funkhouser)

Go with this lineup:

2B Hernadez
                      CF Reyes
                      DH Miggy
                      1b Canderlario
                      LF Schwarber
                      SS Castro
                      3b Paredes
                      RF Cameron
                      C Castro/Rogers

Bench
                      UT Goodrum
                      UT H Castro
                      OF J Jones
                      C Rogers/Castro

You lose some power going to Herandez over Schoop but Cesar is a legit leadoff hitter. Another possibility is put Hernandez down at 7th, push Paredes to 6th, leadoff Reyes and hit Castro 2nd, This lineup also buys that kids improving (Paredes, Cameron and Rogers) and maintain their production (Candelario, Reyes and Castro). I like the bench overall.

Comment

• This is a system that has several potential stars who can help soon, as well has some high-ceiling prospects at the lower levels.

Fangraphs Tigers ranks. MLB will have them come out either tomorrow or FRI.

Comment

• 1-0!
                          At least one Indians fan is ready to give up on the season ... 😂

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Watching Cabrera sliding into 2nd on a HR he couldn't see in the snow - priceless.
                            Got to give props to the hustle there - reminded me of his younger days.

Comment

• Yeah man that slide was hilarious.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• What an awesome first at bat for Baddoo. 1st major league pitch, 1st major league HR.

Good for you young man
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X