Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

Why did Tampa have to know?
    His last season in Tampa he hit 27 HRs.....He was traded for a guy that was around .200 and had 2 HRs in his last 172 ABs......At the time it was considered trimming payroll, but Meadows wasnt really being paid that much (3-4M iirc)......WHy else would you trade a powerhitting left handed hitting OF for a reserve infielder that had never had any success in the majors?...The trade didnt make any sense, unless they knew he had issues and was struggling with them in Tampa.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post

His last season in Tampa he hit 27 HRs.....He was traded for a guy that was around .200 and had 2 HRs in his last 172 ABs......At the time it was considered trimming payroll, but Meadows wasnt really being paid that much (3-4M iirc)......WHy else would you trade a powerhitting left handed hitting OF for a reserve infielder that had never had any success in the majors?...The trade didnt make any sense, unless they knew he had issues and was struggling with them in Tampa.
      Because 4 million is a TON of money for the Rays. It is rare they lay out a ton of cash for anyone. They will for a franchise level player (see Longoria and Wander Franco). A few years ago, they dealt Chris Archer to Pittsburgh for Glasnow and Meadows

This is what they do. Let's not pretend that Parades is some great player. He had one great month a d they have unlocked his power. He still is only okay defensively at best, still has contact issues but is willing to take a walk.

Grienke, a future HOF, dealt with mental issues too. He overcame them. Khahil Greene (a former decent SS) could not
      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Greene was impressive to watch with his stretch plays.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
          If I had the money to put down. I would take that over all day long.
          How about now?

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

How about now?
            Still would be on it. Because last year as bad as the Tigers were last year they still won 66 games.
            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• They are worse this year Hoss. The pen is garbage. Last year, that team overachieved and this season they don't have the benefit of the unbalanced schedule.

Comment

• Vierling was Tigerized on 4/12/2023 when he didn't slide in a steal attempt. Like Chris Ilitch he doesn't give.a shit.

Comment

• Someone needs to tell javy Baez he is still playing in the World Baseball classic....

Comment

• Manning with a broken foot. Jesus fucking Christ, every single one of our top young pitchers is down.

Comment

• I don’t think we’re as bad as last year. The offense is slightly better and the SP has just been destroyed by injury. Even Lorenzen hasn’t pitched yet.

We’re still terrible, but the lineup top to bottom is better.

Comment

• The bullpen is hot garbage and that team relied on the bullpen last year.

Comment

• They suck, dude. Not going to waste much time arguing that point, but the offense is better for sure. More mix and match ability. Maton hit a walk off dinger today. 2 wins in a row.

They are more watchable at least.

Don’t care much about a bullpen with such a terrible team. It got us Maton and Vierling. Malloy looks good in Toledo. Baby steps are still steps.

Comment

• Winning streak.
                            #optimigo

Comment

• They suck. Terrible team. But more watchable at least. Maybe I’m just enjoying the new rules too much and 30 mins less of bad baseball on average.

Comment

• Btw, $150 for the MLB package to watch every game is a solid investment. I’m on the west coast and we have a lot of great players and teams out here. I’ve really enjoyed this season with the new rules. The league is loaded with talent.

Comment

Working...
                                X