No announcement yet.

Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twins are terrible though...26-20 against the division and 28-29 against the rest of the league...only thing that saves any of these teams is the division is awful.

Comment

• We haven't seen the Tigers be that kind of "terrible" in 6 seasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

We are in August and the Tiger pitching has a 4.04 ERA and the MLB league average is 3.99. Their wretched hitting is the worst in baseball, only 3.21 runs per game. The pitching has held up OK considering the pressure of knowing that giving up 2 runs early is almost impossible to come back.
        If you are happy with our SP group that is good for you.

Other than Skubal, it is pathetic. Our "ace" has not even started 10 games. Oh and he disappeared for part of the season. Hell of a quality for a guy. We are in August and he has 1 win and has given up. Outside of Scooby - we have 3 other pitchers start 10+ games for 37 games started - and 6 wins. And that 4.04 ERA you are somehow bragging about - of the 10 pitchers who have started the most games, 1 of them has an ERA better than 4.04. 1. and only 2 in the top 16 SP. Our starters ERA is well over 5.

You can view more here. https://www.mlb.com/tigers/stats/pit...arted?split=sp

Our SP is absolutely horrific and one of the worst in the MLB.

Comment

• Pitching doesn't end when the starter is pulled. When your staff is at league average and your offense is historically bad, blame the starters!

Comment

• kreton seems to think you're claiming the starters have been "good" and the Tigers should be happy with that performance.

Rather than of all the problem the Tigers have, the starting pitching has been the least concerning.

Comment

• Bullpen - Good.

Starting pitching - Mediocre/ Poor.

Noting that an ERA in the mid-4s is bottom third tier this season. Also, 3 of the top 4 projected starting pitchers for the Tigers have been injured/ missing for the year! It makes sense! Skubal is the exception to mediocre starting pitching for the Tigers this season.

Hitting - Awful.
              .630 team OPS is the worst in MLB this season. Remember when Gerald Laird seemed like the worst hitter in the later Dombrowski era? His OPS with the Tigers was .625 ……
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• You can tell kreton is a young fella, if you want to hear about some bad pitching I can tell you some tales. This year's Tigers pitching has been killed by the injury bug and they give the team a chance to win. It used to be when you are talking starters versus relievers it was a 70/30 proposition in importance now it is now nearly 50/50. Teams are looking for 4 or 5 innings out of a starter and anything more is a bonus.

You want to see bad staffs look at the Tigers from 1998 to 2003, that is awful pitching. Half of those years are in total pitchers paradise and the staff had trouble getting under a 5.00 era.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                  kreton seems to think you're claiming the starters have been "good" and the Tigers should be happy with that performance.

Rather than of all the problem the Tigers have, the starting pitching has been the least concerning.
                  Yep, if the pitching was as bad as the offense, we would be seeing a run at 124 losses. As it is, this season will be a something like a 60-102. That is going to be a fairly typical record under a Chris Ilitch regime

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

Yep, if the pitching was as bad as the offense, we would be seeing a run at 124 losses. As it is, this season will be a something like a 60-102. That is going to be a fairly typical record under a Chris Ilitch regime
                    and the GM wont be fired......

Comment

• I've said before but I don't think it matters. A guy like Avila had his chance and has nothing to complain about if he gets fired but that doesn't mean I think the replacement will be better. I think Chris Ilitch puts the shackles on the GM that makes it extremely hard to be competitive. I felt the same way about replacing Radar Randy, but that changed when they hired Dombrowski as president. That moved signaled they were serious.

If they fire Avila and promote from within or just hire some underling from Tampa, I wouldn't have any hope for that person. If they hired someone like Theo Epstein, now we are talking.

Comment

• They lost this afternoon, 4-1, in the rubber game of the series in Minnesota.

I'm glad that I missed out in listening to the game.

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                        My friend Ken L

Comment

• The Twins put a insurmountable 2 runs on the board in the second inning, that was enough.

Comment

• How can you see 2-0 in the second and expect any offense to make up that defecit in only seven innings, Froot?

Clearly the gravest problem is the pitching!

Comment

• I did laugh at the game a couple weeks back when Tyler Alexander came in, the dude has an impeccable mustache.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post

and the GM wont be fired......
                                IMO, ilitch is only concerned about the Financials and not the product on the field. If the team makes bank, avila is safe.
                                Detroit Lions: Where futility is a lifestyle choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X