No announcement yet.

Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tigers went down to Florida to take advantage of the warm weather and the elements to score 7 on the Rays.

Hopefully it continues tonight.

Comment

• agreed. Some sloppiness on defense has definitely cost them games. Good to see Casey Mize back and rounding into form.
      Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• The Tigers are wasting this pitching staff.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          The Tigers are wasting this pitching staff.
          And ended up being swept in New York this afternoon.

I think that this team is lacking at least 3, maybe 4 solid everyday bats to become a threat not only in the AL Central, but in the AL Playoffs and World Series if this team can somehow get that far.
          "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
          My friend Ken L

Comment

• Yeah, guys! They just need to drastically improve half of their starting lineup... and then they'll be ready to take MLB by storm!

Comment

• Not by storm, but if they had a couple bats they can contend for a spot in the playoffs. They are stubbornly sticking to a plan that includes Keith and Meadows. Keith should eventually hit, but they both have to get sent down, they aren't ready. They shouldn't be just sending them out there. The lineup can be so pitiful offensively that it's obvious that they miss end stage Cabrera. In Saturday's game they were down two in the eighth and Dickerson said, on the bench they have Meadows, Rogers and McKinstry available.

Unfortunately, the hope that the Central was going to be shit is not panning out so far.

Comment

• The Yankees were a good test on where the 2024 Tigers stand with rebuild. Maybe getting in as a wild card could be a realistic goal? Need Tork to get back on track.
                Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• The Detroit Tigers just went to Cleveland earlier today for the start of a 3-game series, and just lost a low scoring game, 2-1.

The Detroit Tigers have pitching, but they absolutely have no decent up and down the lineup hitting whatsoever.
                  My friend Ken L

Comment

• You could have turned the game off after the leadoff homer. They are down 2-1 in the ninth and they meekly send Baez and Carson Kelly up there. This is what happens when you don't spend, the bench players are bad. This was a problem last year with the offense and their solution was to get Canha and Urshela. That's cheap and it wasn't enough. And they don't even do anything different , they keep on sending out Colt Keith and Parker Meadows to flail away. Bring up Baadoo and Malloy. Do something.
                    Last edited by froot loops; May 6, 2024, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• I dunno if Torkelson needs a hitting coach or a therapist ... he needs something that's for sure. Maybe both
                      WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Tigers scored 11 runs tonight, and needed all of them to beat Cleveland, 11-7.

Basically, they scored as many runs Tuesday as in their previous five games combined, four of them losses.
                        My friend Ken L

Comment

• Tigers blew a late lead in the 9th and lost in extra innings, 5-4 to the Guardians.

They have tomorrow off and start a homestand vs. Houston Friday night.
                          My friend Ken L

Comment

• I've lost interest in the Tigers since the NYY series. How many 9th inning leads have they blown now. I've seen three. Well I've seen 2. Didn't watch yesterday's game.
                            GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                              I've lost interest in the Tigers since the NYY series. How many 9th inning leads have they blown now. I've seen three. Well I've seen 2. Didn't watch yesterday's game.
                              I'm mostly bleh with MLB nowadays, because I've been living out of state for almost 20 years now.

I still have the MLB Audio package, and I'll tune into a Tigers game once in a while if the mood fits me, and since the end of the Dombrowski era Tigers in '17 when Al Avila foolishly traded away people like JD Martinez and Verlander for dog poop, I actually have other interests to keep me occupied.
                              My friend Ken L

Comment

• I can’t watch the Tigers because of the Comcast thing. Not that I’m dying to.

Comment

Working...
                                X