No announcement yet.

Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The offense is ass. Will win AND lose a lot of 2-1, 3-2 games.

Comment

• The bullpen is the strength of the team. Of course they will be relying on it. Note that they had to use Faedo in the 9th because it was the back end of a doubleheader.

Comment

• Originally posted by klondike View Post
        The offense is ass. Will win AND lose a lot of 2-1, 3-2 games.
        This is true, the offense will get better when Keith adjusts to this level.

Comment

• Not too impressed today but a win a win

Comment

• Just win BABY!!!
            GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Baseball isn't about impressing in a single game, this ain't football.

Comment

• In the end, its the total wins...No one cares how.

Comment

• My GOD this offense is offensive. They might as well just swing blindly and hope for random luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                    My GOD this offense is offensive. They might as well just swing blindly and hope for random luck.
                    I think they do.
                    GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• For a 6-1 team I'm not feeling too confident for some reason. In fact how did they get to 6-1 with this line up

Comment

• Basically, their entire gameplan is have enough of a lead that the bullpen can shut down teams to close it out.

Which is fine... but at some point, you're not going to be playing the A's and White Sox and Mets. You have to be able to actually get people on base and score runs.

To adapt a phrase Froot likes to say in regards to the Lions, sometimes you need to win games 8-7.

Comment

• I didn’t have time to watch the game today but I wasn’t too shocked this Tigers offense didn’t amount to anything today. The good news is that they have time to figure it out

Comment

• They don't have any truly established major thumpers in the lineup, they are relying on defense and pitching. Until it warms up these bats will be silent. We knew this going in, the key is getting to warm weather near .500. The last two years they started terribly and had decent finishes to get close to .500.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              They don't have any truly established major thumpers in the lineup, they are relying on defense and pitching. Until it warms up these bats will be silent. We knew this going in, the key is getting to warm weather near .500. The last two years they started terribly and had decent finishes to get close to .500.
                              I'm not sold these bats are going to warm up with the weather. I think they are legitimately awful and are going to remain shit whether the temperature is 52, 72, or 92.

This team's batting coaches and minor league bat development has been atrocious for about three decades, and it doesn't look like that has changed in the slightest.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

I'm not sold these bats are going to warm up with the weather. I think they are legitimately awful and are going to remain shit whether the temperature is 52, 72, or 92.

This team's batting coaches and minor league bat development has been atrocious for about three decades, and it doesn't look like that has changed in the slightest.
                                I always hear the latest trope of " when the weather heats up, watch out". What about the pitchers. They go through the same cold weather problems. I know a lot of pitchers who say they hate the cold and can't wait til the warm weather to loosen up..

Comment

Working...
                                X