Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    Tork has been terrible for two seasons. He is trending up this month, so don't spike the football on your own 20. He isn't even a replacement level player this season.
    You’re not wrong but I’m just glad we’re seeing flashes.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Tork has been terrible for two seasons. He is trending up this month, so don't spike the football on your own 20. He isn't even a replacement level player this season.
      2 seasons? He’s barely played a season’s worths of games so far, and he’s almost worked his way back up to replacement level. I haven’t watched any games this season, can he hit a major league fastball yet?
      "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

Who did you want? Did you want them to spend 350 million on Judge?
        I want them going into a season not relying on Eric Haase. Their big acquisitions were Maton, Vierling and Boyd. It was a dog shit off-season, they are paying for it. When they lose 9 in a row, there is crickets in here. But if there is a couple shots of Vitamin W, you come in here talking about questions being answered. You can't see the forest from the trees.

Comment

I want them going into a season not relying on Eric Haase. Their big acquisitions were Maton, Vierling and Boyd. It was a dog shit off-season, they are paying for it. When they lose 9 in a row, there is crickets in here. But if there is a couple shots of Vitamin W, you come in here talking about questions being answered. You can't see the forest from the trees.
          I also work 12 hour overnight shifts 2 days on and 2 days off. And in the last week my mom fell and had to be taken to the ER. She woke up the other night with sharp stabbing pains in that arm. It is currently in a sling. So I am sorry I am not around enough for you.

GTFO with that BS.
          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Is anyone else as sick of hearing about prospects as i am? Seriously, there isn't a player, on the roster, I give a shit about. Crap season after crap season is now the norm and expected state of the tigers. A full roster of losers with absolute abysmal management.

Sadly, I was a real baseball junkie up until the last few years. I was the guy who knew a shit-ton of stats and what players were trending up or down. Today, i had to Google who the manager is and was surprised to see miggy was still "playing". For the last 5 or 6 years, I've no interest in even listening to them on the radio, let alone going to comerica (I used to go to around 20 - 25 games a year).

In short: call me when they start winning. I have better ways to spend my free time than watching shit baseball.
            Detroit Lions: Where futility is a lifestyle choice.

Comment

• I remember hearing about prospects in the 90s. Never seemed to amount to much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                I remember hearing about prospects in the 90s. Never seemed to amount to much.
                You or I could've scouted or drafted as badly as former Tigers GM Randy Smith did back then, and for way less than what his yearly salary was back then.

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                My friend Ken L

Comment

• Hey don't worry, Al Avila took Randy Smith's stewardship as a personal challenge, and I think he was more than up to it!

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                    Hey don't worry, Al Avila took Randy Smith's stewardship as a personal challenge, and I think he was more than up to it!

Hey, the Tigers won a series today, by taking 3 of 4 from Minnesota on the road!!

Vitamin W!! /sarcasm

The AL Central is a gosh awful Division, and I thought that the 2006 NL Central was bad, but the team that won that Division Title that year, the 2006 St. Louis Cardinals ended up winning the '06 World Series over our Tigers in 5 games.
                    "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                    My friend Ken L

Comment

• I still can’t believe the Tigers didn’t win that one. Our rotation was sick
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Tork with another HR. The kid is hitting the ball well at the moment. I hope he keeps progressing
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I wouldn't worry about Tork. It's just a matter of time til he finds the groove. I watched him in spring training his first year and he came out for batting practice and hit 9 straight balls over th left center field fence. All about 410-420 feet and almost in the same spot. Just effortlessly. Yeah, it's not real live pitching but the guy has skills, just give him time.

Look at players like Rafael Palmero who was as pedestrian a player as possible first 3 seasons with the Cubs, than he found his timing and became a HoF player.

Comment

• You mean the roids?
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Well, unless he started taking them in the early 90's. I think the roids era started a little later but you may have a point. There's many other examples of players finding there swing after a few trying years. Also, Palmeiro never gained a lot of weight throughout his career. Stayed about the same built. Not saying he wasn't helped by roids but the whole roids thing is very shakey. Some playes it helped while other it didn't make them all nto all-stars.
                              Last edited by klondike; June 19, 2023, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by klondike View Post
                                Well, unless he started taking them in the early 90's. I think the roids era started a little later but you may have a point. There's many other examples of players finding there swing after a few trying years. Also, Palmeiro never gained a lot of weight throughout his career. Stayed about the same built. Not saying he wasn't helped by roids but the whole roids thing is very shakey. Some playes it helped while other it didn't make them all nto all-stars.
                                I was kind of kidding as I was remembering Rafi shaking his finger at that hearing. I actually liked him as a player and truthfully I never really cared about steroids. Watching McGuire and Sosa was an insanely awesome for baseball
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X