NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
    I[Fields to the Steelers] was a trade, not a FA signing. Compensatory picks are based on FAs signed and lost.
    Understood; I should have been clearer.

If Fields sits, does he project to a compensatory draft choice for the Steelers next year?

He’s on an expiring contract and I imagine someone will sign him at a healthy APY. I’m wondering whether the snap count adjustment only looks at the immediately previous year. (His snap count has been high for the past three years, but is about to drop as he holds the clipboard during Russell Wilson’s CPOY season.)

If Fields *does* pencil to a decent comp pick, then the Steelers will have rented him as a backup for salary alone.
    Last edited by Meano.Culpa; March 23, 2024, 05:51 AM.
    Evil Parallel Universe Lions fans: You will believe in NOW! Comply or suffer the consequences.

This sig brought to you by Omni Consumer Products. For all your consumer product and government needs, OCP has the approved solution for you.

Comment

• That’s a good trade for the Titans.
      3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
      10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• Originally posted by Meano.Culpa View Post
        Understood; I should have been clearer.

If Fields sits, does he project to a compensatory draft choice for the Steelers next year?

He’s on an expiring contract and I imagine someone will sign him at a healthy APY. I’m wondering whether the snap count adjustment only looks at the immediately previous year. (His snap count has been high for the past three years, but is about to drop as he holds the clipboard during Russell Wilson’s CPOY season.)

If Fields *does* pencil to a decent comp pick, then the Steelers will have rented him as a backup for salary alone.
        He's not on an expiring contract, the Steelers have the 5th year rookie option that they have to pick up by May. If they decline the option, Fields would not qualify as a compensatory free agent

Comment

• Originally posted by Sanders Fan View Post
          That’s a good trade for the Titans.
          It’s a good trade but that’s a fully guaranteed contract. That’s considerable if it doesn’t work out. He played well in the Chiefs system, you never know what can happen in a different system or injury.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            He's not on an expiring contract, the Steelers have the 5th year rookie option that they have to pick up by May. If they decline the option, Fields would not qualify as a compensatory free agent
            Got it; thanks for the clarification!
            Evil Parallel Universe Lions fans: You will believe in NOW! Comply or suffer the consequences.

This sig brought to you by Omni Consumer Products. For all your consumer product and government needs, OCP has the approved solution for you.

Comment

• That is a fairly recent rule change, in the last you could decline a 5th year option but the player would still qualify as a CFA.

Comment

• "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                My friend Ken L

Comment

• The NFL has banned the "hip drop" tackle. This is going to be a totally subjective call. What could go wrong?

Jesus

There is no doubt that this rule change will cost the Lions a game.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Ha!

Maybe the yesteryear Lions. We’re all good as long as we’re not playing Dallas. It is a crazy rule IMO. I’m sure the medical is there but it’s getting harder and harder for the defense to make plays
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Can you imagine Ray Lewis in this day and age
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                        The NFL has banned the "hip drop" tackle. This is going to be a totally subjective call. What could go wrong?

Jesus

There is no doubt that this rule change will cost the Lions a game.
                        Interesting. I was listening to a podcast over the weekend that thought the NFL might make it fineable offense after the fact and not a penalty so it didn't introduce any more dipshit calls from the referees that would. Guess not.

By the way, the players association was apparently 100% against this. Just some owners pissed that a couple of their stars got rolled up on.

Comment

• I am unclear.on what this is.

Comment

• "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                            My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              I am unclear.on what this is.
                              I think what it is: The defender has the guy tackled and on the way down his hips rotate and he uses his weight to bring the runner down. It's not very common I think on the NFL Network guys says it happens less than once a game.
                              2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• This shows some "hip drop" tackles. I saw the video that the NFL sent out earlier but couldn't find it now. This may be it?

Regardless this is a terrible rule change.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X