No announcement yet.

NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article said the Bears would have got alot more but Fields 5th year option kicks in next year at almost 26M....They have handed out alot of big contracts so they must have felt it was better to go with that rookie contract at QB than to pay Fields.

Comment

• 26 mil for Fields? Holy shit that’s terrible. The Steelers must be seeing what they can do with them because no one can afford that as a backup
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Whether to pick up Fields' $25.6M 5th year option must be made by May. He's only $3.2M this season. Since the new team has so little time to make a decision on his extension, it's almost a guarantee that they don't pick it up.

Here's an article that goes into detail about the whole thing. The Ringer writers tend to over-value running QBs compared to NFL GMs, so much of the article is about why Fields should be worth more.

The Bears traded Fields to the Steelers, and one of the central questions of the 2024 NFL offseason has finally been answered. But this move raises other questions, namely: Why couldn’t Chicago get more for Fields than this?

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Fuckin A. Holmes had a vision and executed it with precision. The only thing i disagreed with his first year was not giving Goff better WRs to start season 1.
          It's funny because he may have drafted the best receiver in the draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Axe View Post
            Whether to pick up Fields' $25.6M 5th year option must be made by May. He's only $3.2M this season. Since the new team has so little time to make a decision on his extension, it's almost a guarantee that they don't pick it up.

Here's an article that goes into detail about the whole thing. The Ringer writers tend to over-value running QBs compared to NFL GMs, so much of the article is about why Fields should be worth more.

The Bears traded Fields to the Steelers, and one of the central questions of the 2024 NFL offseason has finally been answered. But this move raises other questions, namely: Why couldn’t Chicago get more for Fields than this?

Yeah my guess is you give Russ a chance. He does good, you give hima 25-30 million a year deal (last good check for Russ). Or he does poorly, Fields plays, he does good they resign him, if he doesn't they make a bigger move for QB next year.

No way they pick up the 5 year option.

Comment

• If Fields sits, does he project to a compensatory draft choice?
              Evil Parallel Universe Lions fans: You will believe in NOW! Comply or suffer the consequences.

This sig brought to you by Omni Consumer Products. For all your consumer product and government needs, OCP has the approved solution for you.

Comment

• It was a trade, not a FA signing. Compensatory picks are based on FAs signed and lost.

Comment

• I forgot that Chigao traded up for Fields. That’s hilarious
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Chase Young signs a 1 year deal with the Saints for 13M

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                      Chase Young signs a 1 year deal with the Saints for 13M
                      I think that the New Orleans Saints will regret that move.

It's telling that San Francisco didn't even bother to keep him after the way he played for them after the Commanders traded him to the 49ers last season.
                      "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                      My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post

I think that the New Orleans Saints will regret that move.

It's telling that San Francisco didn't even bother to keep him after the way he played for them after the Commanders traded him to the 49ers last season.

I'm a huge fan of Young. He's not an all pro but he racks up the pressures and has good sack totals. I'd rather of had him than Davenport but I'll go with whatever Holmes thought. Getting Young on a 1 year contract is a no brainer IMO. Not sure how they'd regret that move.

A lucrative multi year contract? Yeah no thanks but its hard to look at the downside. If he balls out and signs a giant contract elsewhere you're looking at comp picks.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I dunno if the Saints (or any team) are going to "regret" a 1 year deal. Worst case scenario, they aren't there long enough to make you regret it unless there was a long term deal with someone else to be had that you didn't do.

Comment

• Unless he’s a locker room cancer but I hadn’t heard anything about that. I know he came into the league like a star trying to start jawing at Brady but that early injury sidelined that
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                              Unless he’s a locker room cancer but I hadn’t heard anything about that. I know he came into the league like a star trying to start jawing at Brady but that early injury sidelined that
                              I don't know that there's any definitive report on it, but it's definitely something that's floated around about him. I mean, reports imply that Holmes didn't even inquire about him, but did inquire about Sweat.

Comment

• There's not much difference between Davenport and Young in career accomplishments.

Comment

Working...
                                X