No announcement yet.

NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ha, love that Belichick interviewed twice and they went in another direction. Commanders and Seahawks the last ones standing. Will the Commanders wait for Johnson? Or are we going to get the miracle and keep him around for another year?

Comment

• Of the two, which would you rather have leave? Johnson or Glenn? If one leaves but the other stays, would you "promote" the other one to assistant head coach, or does someone already hold that title other than jaadam?
      All emotions can be traced back to two basic ones........love and fear.

Comment

• Originally posted by SnowMeiser View Post
        Of the two, which would you rather have leave? Johnson or Glenn? If one leaves but the other stays, would you "promote" the other one to assistant head coach, or does someone already hold that title other than jaadam?
        I know the typical reaction is that we want to keep Johnson, but Glenn might be a bigger loss. Campbell is heavily involved in the offense and we have several coaches who could step in quickly and work under his guidance, but he leaves the defense to Glenn.

Comment

• I agree. I think it’s better if Glenn stays. I think MCDC could call the plays on offense and they would probably be fine.
          3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
          10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• Kind of surprised no one went after Vrabel. I really hope he doesn’t end up in Seattle.

Comment

• I'm rooting for those two to get head jobs, but I would be leery of the Washington job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                Ha, love that Belichick interviewed twice and they went in another direction. Commanders and Seahawks the last ones standing. Will the Commanders wait for Johnson? Or are we going to get the miracle and keep him around for another year?
                Maybe Philly will hire him as special assistant to Matt Patricia
                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Patricia’s contract was up so he was “free to pursue other opportunities”.
                  3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
                  10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• I heat the Y is looking for a towel boy.
                    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by El Axe View Post

I know the typical reaction is that we want to keep Johnson, but Glenn might be a bigger loss. Campbell is heavily involved in the offense and we have several coaches who could step in quickly and work under his guidance, but he leaves the defense to Glenn.
                      agree 100% - I would be happy for them to get head coaching gigs, but I won't be sad if we get to keep either one of them for another year. It sounds like Campbell has been prepping a couple of other people (RB coach, TE coach have both been mentioned as potential OC candidates) for Johnson's eventual departure, but I haven't heard anything about that on the defensive side. Knowing that players around the league rated Glenn so highly, I would love to see what he could do with another offseason/draft under his belt
                      Last edited by kayrone; January 26, 2024, 09:57 AM.
                      "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post

agree 100% - I would be happy for them to get head coaching gigs, but I won't be sad if we get to keep either one of them for another year. It sounds like Campbell has been prepping a couple of other people (RB coach, TE coach have both been mentioned as potential OC candidates) for Johnson's eventual departure, but I haven't heard anything about that on the defensive side. Knowing that players around the league rated Glenn so highly, I would love to see what he could do with another offseason/draft under his belt
                        Tanner Engstrom was TE coach in 2022, but is passing game coordinator this year, so that's probably who you meant. Some speculate that he was given that position specifically to prepare him when Johnson is poached. I would hope that Brunell is considered as well.

If Glenn left, Kelvin Sheppard (LB) is supposedly a rising star -- and would probably lean on Fox to make the step up.

Comment

• And keep in mind that we get the following compensation if our guys leave

Glen-- 2 3rd round comp picks in the 2024 draft

Johnson-- 1 3rd round pick in the 2024 draft

Sheppard-- 1 4th round comp pick inthe 2024 draft (if he gets a cordinator position outside of Detroit)
                          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Yeah, sounds like Glenn is staying unless we see a shocker. Lions defensive personnel should be better next season. Increases the odds of Glenn looking better from an outside perspective. Let’s get some outside CB talent and more pass rush for example.

Originally posted by El Axe View Post
                            Tanner Engstrom was TE coach in 2022, but is passing game coordinator this year, so that's probably who you meant. Some speculate that he was given that position specifically to prepare him when Johnson is poached. I would hope that Brunell is considered as well.

If Glenn left, Kelvin Sheppard (LB) is supposedly a rising star -- and would probably lean on Fox to make the step up.
                            I would guess that Tanner Engstrand gets promoted to OC. Lions hopefully cross training someone for the last 12 months to take on the role.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Sanders Fan View Post
                              Patricia’s contract was up so he was “free to pursue other opportunities”.
                              lol
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                                Yeah, sounds like Glenn is staying unless we see a shocker. Lions defensive personnel should be better next season. Increases the odds of Glenn looking better from an outside perspective. Let’s get some outside CB talent and more pass rush for example.

I would guess that Tanner Engstrand gets promoted to OC. Lions hopefully cross training someone for the last 12 months to take on the role.
                                I was under the impression that the RBs coach Montgomery was hired as a potential replacement for Johnson?

Comment

Working...
                                X