No announcement yet.

NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's my opinion that if a coach wins a power struggle, at least 90 percent (if not more) of the time it is a pyrrhic victory. It takes a lot of hubris to think you can do all the work of a head coach along with the GM responsibilities.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      It's my opinion that if a coach wins a power struggle, at least 90 percent (if not more) of the time it is a pyrrhic victory. It takes a lot of hubris to think you can do all the work of a head coach along with the GM responsibilities.
      When you look at all the stuff that Brad Holmes is working on even during the season, there is no way Campbell could do all that too.

Comment

• I do like how Campbell shows deference to Holmes in press conferences on possible acquisitions.

Comment

• And that video too for the draft. Every time Holmes is telling Campbell who they are looking at or what they might try to do, DC is like "I love it" or "I trust you". It's so clear they are 100% in sync with what they want in players on this team.

Comment

• The way they were whispering to each other about trading for Branch like they were plotting a crime still slays me.

Comment

• I still haven't watched that. It sounds cool.

It's good that they are working together like that. It's in stark contrast to Mayhew drafting a guy like Van Noy and the coaches didn't know what to do with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                It's my opinion that if a coach wins a power struggle, at least 90 percent (if not more) of the time it is a pyrrhic victory. It takes a lot of hubris to think you can do all the work of a head coach along with the GM responsibilities.
                Goes both ways. I remember when the GM beat Harbough in a power struggle, one ok season and he was fired never to coach in the NFL again and the GM is so afraid of confrontation that he brings in the most inexperienced coach I have ever seen ruining the Niners for several years.

If there is a power struggle I think I'd rather the coach one because a good coach can get something from almost all players but a good GM will want to avoid another good coach.

But yeah a coach should be good at coaching and a GM good at finding players and the two be able to work together.

Comment

• If I were the Chargers, I would make a run at Vrabel. He seems to get the most out of his teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                    And that video too for the draft. Every time Holmes is telling Campbell who they are looking at or what they might try to do, DC is like "I love it" or "I trust you". It's so clear they are 100% in sync with what they want in players on this team.
                    Amen to this
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                      If I were the Chargers, I would make a run at Vrabel. He seems to get the most out of his teams.
                      Seems like Vrabel will get 1 of the 6 openings. 7 if you think the Patriots and Belichick part ways. Robert Kraft is taking his time for that decision…

I hope Vrabel gets the Chargers job. Decrease the likelihood of Harbaugh leaving for the NFL. Skeptical that Harbaugh would want any of the other openings due to QB situation and living area for his family …

Rooting for the Panthers to miss out on the Ben Johnson hire again because it would be funny. Unless he’s given a Monty Williams-like contract. Take any other job, Ben Johnson! Washington would be cool with the new owner and #2 overall pick (Drake Maye or Jayden Daniels).
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The Charger job is the one that Ben would prefer to have.....that is the best QB situation to go into from day 1....I wonder if Kellen Moore is a serious candidate there?

Comment

• Atlanta is going to be attractive to offensive coaches - lot of talent on that side of the ball if they can find a QB. 8 probably takes them out of the range of the top 3 QBs, but they could be a Fields or Cousins landing spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                            The Charger job is the one that Ben would prefer to have.....that is the best QB situation to go into from day 1....I wonder if Kellen Moore is a serious candidate there?
                            download (2).jpg
                            Last edited by CGVT; January 10, 2024, 11:19 AM.
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Lol Junior Soprano. The sneaky comedic relief of that series.

Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                              Atlanta is going to be attractive to offensive coaches - lot of talent on that side of the ball if they can find a QB. 8 probably takes them out of the range of the top 3 QBs, but they could be a Fields or Cousins landing spot.
                              Yeah, Ben Johnson should consider this job too. Annoy Panthers owner David Tepper in the NFC South for years.

I won’t post in the draft thread until the Lions season is over, but would imagine the Falcons could consider drafting one too given the quantity. JJ? Penix? Nix? Etc. That or free agency.
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Tennessee is interesting for Johnson. Will Levis is quite a piece of clay at QB
                                WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

Working...
                                X