No announcement yet.

NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There were rumors about the Panthers being torn about Young vs Stroud during draft season too. That wouldn’t be surprising. Wasn’t there a similar debate here in Detroit in 2002 with Harrington?

Poor Duce Staley and Todd Wash too…

As for Ben Johnson… No, the obvious job has always been the Chargers. I’m shocked that they haven’t cleaned house yet, but that would play into the fact that people say the Chargers owner is cheap.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Ben Johnson with that Charges offense will be instant playoff contender.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• As much as I hate Denver fans, the Donkeys have really turned it around.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• There wasn't another quarterback rated highly in the Harrington draft. The conventional wisdom was that the ownership wanted Harrington and Coach Marty or Millen wanted to go defense with someone like Quentin Jammer. They really, really liked Mike McMahon for some reason. So it really wasn't the same kind of situation because those guys had no real plan for quarterback, Millen screwed up his credibility going all in with Detmer and having Batch yanked in year 1 and Detmer was awful.

I just think Bryce Young is too small. When they bring the Red Rifle in to do qb sneaks, you have a problem. Maybe he figures out a way, but it's going to be tough.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            There wasn't another quarterback rated highly in the Harrington draft. The conventional wisdom was that the ownership wanted Harrington and Coach Marty or Millen wanted to go defense with someone like Quentin Jammer. They really, really liked Mike McMahon for some reason. So it really wasn't the same kind of situation because those guys had no real plan for quarterback, Millen screwed up his credibility going all in with Detmer and having Batch yanked in year 1 and Detmer was awful.

I just think Bryce Young is too small. When they bring the Red Rifle in to do qb sneaks, you have a problem. Maybe he figures out a way, but it's going to be tough.
            Yes, Harrington was thought to be the best of a shitty QB class. It was a stupid pick for a franchise desperate for a franchise QB. Especially considering that they wanted to run a West Coast offense.

Young's size was brought up a lot prior to the draft. I think it was King that said that he would bulk up with water weight at the combine to get his weight up and not do any running because of it. He was right.

When you see Young on the field, he looks like they needed and extra guy and let somebody's little brother play. Not only is he short, he is slight as well. Even if he gets it figured out, what kind of endurance will he have?

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Carr was the #1 in QB in the Harrington class.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                Carr was the #1 in QB in the Harrington class.
                I forgot about him. Still...shitty QB class.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The Carr-Peppers-Harrington sandwich. Like a piece of beautiful prime rib between two moldy ass pieces of Wonderbread.

Comment

• I kind of think the downside to the rookie salary scale is it increases the incentive to overdraft these quarterbacks. Some of these guys would be better served getting ready at least one year on the bench. It's not how they do it now, but I think a few of these guys who bust out could become useful. Over 10-15 years, there is a cumulative effect where you are missing competent quarterbacks. When someone gets hurt these teams are speed dialing old quarterbacks who have been retired for awhile and stayed on too long when they were active

Comment

• Marcus Peters cut by the Raiders. Can't imagine the Lions look at him given his deficiencies as a tackler got him benched and then cut after he squared off with Pierce. Still, given the way Jacobs has been picked apart, it catches the eye.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                        Marcus Peters cut by the Raiders. Can't imagine the Lions look at him given his deficiencies as a tackler got him benched and then cut after he squared off with Pierce. Still, given the way Jacobs has been picked apart, it catches the eye.
                        He’s terrible in run defense but he’s fantastic in coverage. I’d be happy as hell for the Lions to claim him as we’re struggling at Cb. The problem is that he won’t last until our claim.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I hope they make a claim, his salary is cheap for a claim, but that probably means he won't pass through waivers down to Detroit.

Comment

• Carr might have developed into something had he not been rushed into the starting job. Getting sacked a record number of times as a rookie couldn’t have been good for his confidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              I hope they make a claim, his salary is cheap for a claim, but that probably means he won't pass through waivers down to Detroit.
                              That’s how I see it too. He’ll be long gone by the time he make it to Detroit
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                                Carr might have developed into something had he not been rushed into the starting job. Getting sacked a record number of times as a rookie couldn’t have been good for his confidence.
                                You’re not lying there. Carr was thrown around like a rag doll in Houston.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X