No announcement yet.

NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that was me trying to be clever to say that I think Stetson went to Rehab.
    "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post
      Yep, I think they are going to try to send him to rehab. Will he say No No No

Edit: Didn't see your follow up before I posted.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post
        that was me trying to be clever to say that I think Stetson went to Rehab.
        Yeah I caught it and yes it was clever. Well played
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Yep, I think they are going to try to send him to rehab. Will he say No No No
          My wife just asked me why ive been singing “they wanted me to go to rehab and i said no no no” for the past half hour.
          “Well, ye see, kayrone posted a picture, and then CGV…… in fact, forget it, cannae be arsed splainin’ “
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• All that talent....
            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Looks like at least some Vikings fans are thinking Kirk to the Jets at the trade deadline. Makes a lot of sense if Vikes keep losing and Jets are in a position to make a run. Kirk is on his last year.
              "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
              Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post
                Looks like at least some Vikings fans are thinking Kirk to the Jets at the trade deadline. Makes a lot of sense if Vikes keep losing and Jets are in a position to make a run. Kirk is on his last year.
                Jets would be nuts to try and bring in any QB that expects a decent salary IMHO. I'd try and go for a trainer type vet but otherwise ride out the season with Wilson and elevate whomever is on the practice squad.

Comment

• Cousins would be a one year rental to try and take advantage of that defense now. They are committed to Rodgers next year, they wouldn’t resign Cousins. But I doubt a deal like that would even be possible due to salary cap implications. Plus the Jets wouldn’t want to give up anything if real value for a 1 season rental.

If they make a move it might be for somebody like Jacoby Brissett or Jamies Winston.

Comment

• Reasonable idea from the Jets perspective.
                    That would require the Vikings going into full tank mode with Nick Mullens and Jaren Hall as backup QBs. Stacked QB draft class and the Vikings could be off to a poor start this season… some reasons there. The Vikings did just give Hockenson a massive contract and have the best WR in the NFL.

I’m guessing the Jets would have to give up their 2024 1st for a Cousins trade to be worth it for the Vikings. As mentioned before, Sam Bradford was desperately traded for involving a future 1st. Never know how desperate the Joe Douglas/ Robert Saleh regime will be approaching this QB situation… The Jets defense is legit!
                    Last edited by Cody_Russell; September 16, 2023, 09:52 AM. Reason: 2024, not 2023
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• What exactly is the Vikings' plan? Huge contract for Hock and let their QB walk when the best WR in the NFL is in his prime... and then what? For QB classes you've got 1983 and 2004, and that's pretty much it. Once in a generation type stuff.
                      "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                      Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• From Sauce Gardner to Brandon Graham, Detroit has more players in NFL than any other city

Andrew Birkle

Detroit Free Press

Forget Hockeytown — is Detroit the new Footballtown, U.S.A.?

The city had more players on NFL rosters during the opening week than any other city in the country, according to the NFL.

Detroit — the city proper, and not including the suburbs — had 19 high-school alumni suit up in Week 1. That tops Bradenton, Florida, which was second with 17 players in large part due to IMG Academy being in town.

What makes the accomplishment for Detroit extra impressive is the depth of talent across multiple high schools. For comparison, 14 of the 17 NFL players from Bradenton attended IMG, a school that brings in players from around the country and is known as an NFL factory.

However, the Detroit high school with the most NFL players was Cass Tech, with five. That means there are 14 other players who attended various other high schools around the city, suggesting a high level of competition.

“Detroit football is tough, it's real gritty and grimy there," said New York Jets cornerback Sauce Gardner, who attended Detroit King before attending Cincinnati, becoming a first-round pick in 2022 and winning Defensive Rookie of the Year honors last season. “There's a lot of talent though. Lots of people with a story. The majority of people that I know in the league from Detroit, they worked really hard to get out, and they made it."

Other notable players from Detroit include Brandon Graham of the Philadelphia Eagles, Desmond King of the Pittsburgh Steelers, Donovan Peoples-Jones of the Cleveland Browns, William Gholston of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Jourdan Lewis of the Dallas Cowboys.

The San Francisco 49ers alone have four Detroiters, while the Cowboys have three. The Detroit Lions do not have any, although they feature metro Detroiters Aidan Hutchinson (Dearborn Divine Child, Michigan) and Antonio Pittman (Birmingham Groves, Wayne State).

In total, eight Detroit high schools have players currently in the NFL: Allen Academy, Cass Tech, Crockett Tech, East English Village, King, Renaissance, Southeastern Tech, and Voyageur College Prep.

“High school football is the bedrock for advancement in our great game," said Roman Oben, the NFL's vice president of football development, in a release. “Recently, we have experienced growth in high school participation. It is amazing to see players making NFL rosters who come from nontraditional states not considered hotbed recruiting regions. Talent can come from all over the globe, and it takes growth from all areas to make up NFL rosters."

Despite Detroit's dominance, the rest of Michigan is not as prolific in getting high school players to the NFL. Michigan ranks 10th with 51 players suiting up, in Week 1, well behind Texas, at 187 NFL players, Florida (178) and California (173).

You can take a look at the entire list by clicking here.

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                        My friend Ken L

Comment

• The bears defensive coordinator Allen Williams' house was raided by the FBI this morning and he has resigned effective immediately

BREAKING: Chicago Bears Coach Resigns Following FBI Raid, Releases Statement (msn.com)

Comment

• Andrew M. Stroth defends Alan Williams and declares the rumors surrounding his resignation are untrue

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post
                              The bears defensive coordinator Allen Williams' house was raided by the FBI this morning and he has resigned effective immediately

BREAKING: Chicago Bears Coach Resigns Following FBI Raid, Releases Statement (msn.com)
                              The Bears are so bad the FBI are raiding them.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Cam Akers traded to the Vikings. I know he hasn’t exactly lit it up in LA but I was hoping the Lions would make that move while Montgomery is in the mend
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X