No announcement yet.

NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A portion is loss of muscle mass. If done with a controlled healthy diet, it looks healthy.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Dre’Mont Jones: Broncos should have traded me for Russell Wilson last year

Posted by Josh Alper on April 10, 2023, 6:25 PM EDT

Getty Images

Defensive lineman Dre'Mont Jones signed with the Seahawks early in free agency and he said on Monday that he feels like he should have been in Seattle even earlier.

Jones was a member of the Broncos for the last four seasons and he told reporters on Monday that he heard the Seahawks wanted him as part of the compensation the Broncos sent to Seattle for quarterback Russell Wilson, but that the Broncos would not include him in the trade. Jones said the Broncos should have traded him because they didn’t treat him with the amount of respect he was looking for.

“I mean, shit, they should have just traded me from the jump . . . I was included in the trade. Denver said no . . . Denver didn’t pay me my proper respects, so I’m here because they respected me from the jump,” Jones said, via Gregg Bell of the Tacoma News Tribune.

The Broncos sent draft picks, quarterback Drew Lock, tight end Noah Fant, and defensive lineman Shelby Harris to the Seahawks for Wilson. Denver went 5-12 and Jones said last month that “football didn’t seem as important as it needed to be” amid the drama that surrounded Wilson and former Broncos head coach Nathaniel Hackett.

Sean Payton will be trying to turn things around in Denver, but Jones will not be part of that effort as he will be a key part of a defense that the Seahawks hope can help them back to the playoffs in 2023.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Commanders settlement suggests sale is indeed coming, soon

Posted by Mike Florio on April 10, 2023, 4:49 PM EDT

Getty Images

Commanders owner Daniel Snyder has never been one to shy away from a legal fight. The fact that he has settled a legal fight against the District of Columbia over allegations of unrefunded season-ticket security deposits is, given his litigious nature, a surprise.

Maybe it shouldn’t be. As Snyder moves closer and closer to selling the team, maybe it’s the most obvious objective sign yet that a sale is happening. Maybe soon. Maybe very soon.

The settlement could be nothing more than a clearing of the decks of old legal business, paving the way for the coming news that a deal officially has been struck to sell the team.

The candidates are Josh Harris and Steve Apostolopoulos, with the possibility of Jeff Bezos making a late push to secure the asset. If today’s settlement happened as one of the basic acts of sweeping up on the way out, it’s more likely that the sale is being made to Harris or Apostolopoulos.

Between the two, it seems to be far more likely that Harris will be the next owner of the team.

Of course, it’s never done until it’s done. And with Dan Snyder, many have wondered whether it ever truly will be. Today’s decision to walk away from a fight in court with the District of Columbia seems to be the clearest evidence yet that Snyder is prepared to sail off into the sunset on his superyacht.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
          Jets G.M. Joe Douglas on Aaron Rodgers: “He’s gonna be here”

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 8, 2023, 7:11 AM EDT

Getty Images​
          Jeezus. Even Jay Cutler wants to pummel that face with Brett Favre's noggen.
          Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Some of these offensive lineman have to eat a shit ton of weight to stay at their playing weight. I remember reading an article about Nick Hardwick where he lost 85 pounds after he retired just because he didn't have to eat so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              Some of these offensive lineman have to eat a shit ton of weight to stay at their playing weight. I remember reading an article about Nick Hardwick where he lost 85 pounds after he retired just because he didn't have to eat so much.
              Im guessing its more than just eating that makes them so big......

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                Some of these offensive lineman have to eat a shit ton of weight to stay at their playing weight. I remember reading an article about Nick Hardwick where he lost 85 pounds after he retired just because he didn't have to eat so much.
                Yeah, eating is part of the job for a lot of these guys to keep the mass on.

Comment

• I lost 45 lbs in the first month from not playing. IDK if my eating habits changed any.

Comment

• YouTube rolls out Sunday Ticket, for full-season price as low as $249

Posted by Mike Florio on April 11, 2023, 9:28 AM EDT

YouTube

NFL Sunday Ticket has a brand-new home. It apparently will have its time-honored approach.

Buy it all, or buy it none.

YouTube has announced that current YouTube TV members can add Sunday Ticket at a presale, full-season price of $249 (through June 6), a $100 savings from the retail cost.

RedZone can be added for $40 for the full season, making the total price $289 for YouTube TV subscribers, or $389 for non-subscribers, who can purchase Sunday Ticket through YouTube Primetime channels.

Omitted from the press release is any reference to the ability to purchase out-of-market games for one team at a time, one week at a time, or one game at a time. Instead, you apparently will still have to buy it all in order to have any of it, which seems to be an antitrust violation hiding in plain sight.

The best news is that customers no longer will need to have a satellite dish or subscribe to DirecTV. Sunday Ticket will stream anywhere, and everywhere.

As long as you have good enough WiFi, that is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                      YouTube rolls out Sunday Ticket, for full-season price as low as $249

Posted by Mike Florio on April 11, 2023, 9:28 AM EDT

YouTube

NFL Sunday Ticket has a brand-new home. It apparently will have its time-honored approach.

Buy it all, or buy it none.

YouTube has announced that current YouTube TV members can add Sunday Ticket at a presale, full-season price of $249 (through June 6), a $100 savings from the retail cost.

RedZone can be added for $40 for the full season, making the total price $289 for YouTube TV subscribers, or $389 for non-subscribers, who can purchase Sunday Ticket through YouTube Primetime channels.

Omitted from the press release is any reference to the ability to purchase out-of-market games for one team at a time, one week at a time, or one game at a time. Instead, you apparently will still have to buy it all in order to have any of it, which seems to be an antitrust violation hiding in plain sight.

The best news is that customers no longer will need to have a satellite dish or subscribe to DirecTV. Sunday Ticket will stream anywhere, and everywhere.

As long as you have good enough WiFi, that is.
                      Fuck that shit.

Stream it on https://www.vipleague.st/

You have to have an ad blocker. I use Ublock Origin. Click the sport you want to watch, then the game, and then one of the streaming links (not the big red "stream in HD" banner)

You can stream just about any sport at this site. I watch out of market college football and basketball as well as the nfl.

You're welcome.
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Aaron Jones likes what he sees from Jordan Love in offseason workout

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 11, 2023, 2:55 PM EDT

Getty Images

Packers running back Aaron Jones says Jordan Love looks ready to take over as Green Bay’s starting quarterback.

Jones said today that he worked out with Love in California earlier this offseason and liked what he saw.

“He was comfortable, throwing the ball with swag,” Jones said, via ESPN. “He knows where he wants to be, and he’s going to keep working to get there.”

The Packers expect to trade Aaron Rodgers to the Jets and move on to Love as their starter this season, after Love spent the last three seasons as Rodgers’ backup. Jones has said he doesn’t want Rodgers to leave, but that ship has sailed. And now Jones is looking at the positive in Love finally getting his chance to shine.

Comment

• Would you? If so, what would you trade?

Devin White requests a trade

Posted by Myles Simmons on April 11, 2023, 2:15 PM EDT

Getty Images

One of Tampa Bay’s key defensive players would like a change of scenery.

Linebacker Devin White has requested a trade, according to Jenna Laine of ESPN.

The No. 5 overall pick of the 2019 draft, White has started all 62 games he’s played in for the Buccaneers — including all 34 over the last two regular seasons. He was on the field for 95 percent of the defensive snaps in 2021 and 96 percent of them in 2022.

White was also a second-team All-Pro in 2020, helping the Bucs win Super Bowl LV.

The linebacker is slated to earn $11.71 million on his fifth-year option in 2023. As ESPN’s Adam Schefter noted, the Buccaneers would not like to trade White. But White would like to be moved to help facilitate a new contract.

White has recorded 20.5 sacks, 55 quarterback hits, 35 tackles for loss, six forced fumbles, nine fumble recoveries, and 15 passes defensed in his four-year career.

Comment

• A 2024 second and a 2023 fifth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post

Yeah, eating is part of the job for a lot of these guys to keep the mass on.
                              Yep,.setting the alarm clock at 1 in the morning to eat peanut butter, banana protein shakes. Hardwick was a pro bowl center, by the end of his career the big decision on if he wanted to keep on playing is.if he wanted to keep on eating like that.

For the record, I never have problem putting on weight, for me it's the other way around.

Comment

• Pass on Devin White, too expensive

Comment

Working...
                                X