Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But it rhymes.
    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
      But it rhymes.
      Much like the times.

Comment

• Guam Cheese
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Titans officially release Bud Dupree

Posted by Josh Alper on March 16, 2023, 10:16 AM EDT

Getty Images

A report earlier this month indicated that the Titans would be moving on from edge rusher Bud Dupree once the new league year was underway and the move became official on Thursday.

The Titans announced that they have released Dupree. The move was not made with a post-June 1 designation, so the Titans will realize $9.35 million in cap savings with a $10.85 million hit in dead money.

Dupree signed a five-year deal with the Titans in 2021 and appeared in 22 games over two seasons in Tennessee. He had 35 tackles, seven tackles, two forced fumbles, and two fumble recoveries in those appearances.

The Titans have also released left tackle Taylor Lewan, center Ben Jones, receiver Robert Woods, linebacker Zach Cunningham, and kicker Randy Bullock since the end of the regular season.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I want $100 bucks for my poop. But no one's gonna over pay for your sh!t

Packers want first-round pick and more for Aaron Rodgers

Posted by Mike Florio on March 16, 2023, 10:11 AM EDT

Getty Images

The Jets want Aaron Rodgers. Aaron Rodgers wants the Jets. The Packers don’t want Aaron Rodgers. This should be easy to resolve, right?

It’s not. The Packers want a lot for Rodgers. They want more than they should, frankly. The Jets believe the Packers are being unreasonable.

Per multiple sources, the Packers want a first-round pick and more from the Jets for Rodgers.

The Packers want more than a first-round pick as part of the base deal. They want protection in 2025, in the event Rodgers plays in 2024. And that’s more than the Jets believe they should surrender for a player the Packers no longer want.

If the Jets are willing to offer something like a conditional package that would entail as much as a second-round pick this year and up to a second-round pick next year, the Packers would be nuts to not take it.

Frankly, it feels personal at this point, and that’s no surprise. Rodgers reportedly wanted Packers G.M. Brian Gutekunst to be fired a couple of years ago, something Rodgers never really tried to refute. Now, two years later, Gutekunst has a chance to exact a little revenge — and so he is.

The problem for the Packers is that, the longer they drag their feet, the more pissed off (and in turn motivated) Rodgers will be to have a great season in 2023. He already has sold himself on the narrative that the Packers wanted him back after the season before something changed, even though he later contradicted himself on the notion that he believed the Packers wanted him back when 2022 concluded.

The NFL, like many businesses, is driven by deadlines. The challenge becomes determining a deadline for this trade. As previously mentioned, the Packers are willing to wait until the draft. The ultimate deadline, if we take it to the extreme, is Week One, at which point his $58.3 million option bonus becomes guaranteed base salary if not exercised.

For the Jets, what’s the deadline? There’s a desire to get it done now. But do they need Rodgers now? Do they need him for the start of the offseason program? He knows the system, given his connection to offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett. Given Rodgers’s recent habit of skipping OTAs, maybe the Jets should take the position that the real deadline is the opening of training camp.

Regardless, unless someone blinks, the deal isn’t happening now. Given what the Packers currently want, it’s definitely not happening. They’ll need to move toward New York’s position.

And here’s the question. With no owner in Green Bay, who’s in position to tell the front office to give a little in order to get rid of a guy they no longer want?
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Dolphins release Byron Jones with failed physical, post-June 1

Posted by Charean Williams on March 15, 2023, 9:01 PM EDT

Getty Images

The Dolphins announced Wednesday they released cornerback Byron Jones with a failed physical.

The team designated Jones as a post-June 1 cut, which clears $13.6 million in cap room while creating nearly $10 million in dead money.

He missed the entire 2022 season after surgery on his lower left leg last March. Jones recently tweeted that he “can’t run or jump” because of his injuries.

The Dolphins made him the highest-paid cornerback in the league in 2020, signing Jones to a five-year, $82.5 million contract. He started 30 games for Miami and totaled 95 tackles, two interceptions, 14 passes defensed and two forced fumbles.

He now is an unrestricted free agent, though unlikely to sign until he can workout and show he’s healthy enough to play.

Comment

• Panthers agree to terms with DeShawn Williams

Posted by Charean Williams on March 15, 2023, 8:13 PM EDT

Getty Images

The Panthers agreed to terms with free agent defensive tackle DeShawn Williams on Wednesday night, the team announced.

Williams, 30, started 15 games for the Broncos last year, so he’s following new Panthers defensive coordinator Ejiro Evero and senior assistant Dom Capers from Denver.

Williams, former Saints defensive tackle Shy Tuttle and holdover Derrick Brown will help in the Panthers’ transition to a 3-4 base defense.

Williams is returning home, having grown up in Central, South Carolina, before playing collegiately at Clemson.

He has spent time with the Bengals, Dolphins, Colts and the Calgary Stampeders of the CFL in addition to three stints with Denver.

In his career, Williams has 34 starts in 50 games, with an interception and 4.5 sacks.

Comment

• Browns release Jadeveon Clowney, John Johnson

Posted by Josh Alper on March 15, 2023, 5:51 PM EDT

Getty Images

The Browns officially parted ways with a pair of veteran defensive players on Wednesday.

The team announced the release of defensive end Jadeveon Clowney and safety John Johnson. Both moves were expected and were designated as post-June 1 moves in order to spread the cap hit out over 2024 as well.

Clowney was not under contract for the 2023 season, but had voidable years in his contract and Wednesday’s move was a procedural one due to the cap implications. He was sent home from practice during the final week of the regular season and benched for the regular season finale.

Clowney had 65 tackles, 11 sacks, three forced fumbles, and a fumble recovery in two seasons with the Browns.

Johnson’s release was reported some time ago and the team confirmed he would be let go at the start of the new league year while they were at the the Scouting Combine.

Comment

• Steelers cut Myles Jack

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 16, 2023, 11:36 AM EDT

Getty Images

Myles Jack‘s first year in Pittsburgh was also his last.

The Steelers have cut Jack today, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.

A veteran linebacker who played his first six seasons in Jacksonville, Jack signed a two-year, $16 million contract with the Steelers a year ago. Cutting him today saves $8 million in salary cap space for the Steelers.

Jack is only 27 years old and started 13 games last season, so it’s likely that he’ll have several teams interested in his services, though likely not at $8 million a year.

Comment

• Buccaneers make release of Leonard Fournette official

Posted by Myles Simmons on March 16, 2023, 11:24 AM EDT

Getty Images

The Buccaneers have officially cut ties with running back Lenoard Fournette.

Tampa Bay released the running back after the start of the new league year at 4 p.m. ET on Wednesday.

Fournette was not released with a post-June 1 designation to spread out the cap hit.

In 2022, Fournette recorded 668 yards on 189 carries, averaging just 3.5 yards per attempt. He also caught 73 passes for 523 yards with three touchdowns, bringing him up to 1,191 yards from scrimmage on the season.

Fournette, 28, will now seek his third NFL franchise. The No. 4 overall pick of the 2017 draft, Fournette has twice rushed for 1,000 yards in his career.

Comment

• DJ Moore: Everybody can reach a new level now that I’m with the Bears

Posted by Myles Simmons on March 16, 2023, 12:55 PM EDT​

Comment

• Penn State coach James Franklin is a big fan of Aaron Donald, but he says Donald "has hurt college football and defensive tackles"

Aaron Donald has ruined DTs according to this coach.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                            DJ Moore: Everybody can reach a new level now that I’m with the Bears

Posted by Myles Simmons on March 16, 2023, 12:55 PM EDT​
                            Did DJ Moore switch positions to be a QB or something?
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I thought of you when I saw that. You should like a guy being confident in himself

Comment

• Joe Mixon cleared in March 6 shooting, but his sister was indicted

Posted by Mike Florio on March 16, 2023, 3:02 PM EDT

Getty Images

At a press conference on Thursday, Hamilton County Prosecutor Melissa Powers made it clear that Bengals running back Joe Mixon will face no criminal charges for a March 6 shooting on his property.

He did not commit a crime,” Powers said, via Paul Dehner, Jr. of TheAthletic.com.

Mixon was seen carrying a gun on his property, but he did not fire shots.

Powers said that Mixon’s sister, Shalonda, has been indicted for allegedly tampering with evidence and obstructing justice. Lamonte Brewer has been indicted for felonious assault.

A juvenile was struck in the foot but not seriously injured in the shooting.

Today’s announcement should end the situation for Joe Mixon. It’s the second incident that has come to light regarding the Bengals running back in recent weeks. He was initially charged in a road-rage situation from January, but the charges were quickly dropped and have not been re-filed.

Comment

Working...
                                X