NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
    "They" can SAY Stafford is on the trade block.

Whether he actually is, and if someone is willing to take on that contract if he actually is, is another matter entirely.
    If high draft picks weren’t involved would you guys take him
    back instead of Goff.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

back instead of Goff.
      Same answer as I give to the idea of Lamar Jackson; if I thought the window was right now, and that the Lions were just a QB away? Yes.

But neither of those statements are true.

Comment

• We’re loaded on offense. I’m not sure that we’re not a Qb away if they stack the defense.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• But truthfully I don’t know if that emotional reunion trying to make Stafford work here would be good for either. On top of that Stafford is prob held together by ice packs and bandaids. Those injuries won’t stop at his age with the way he’s played over the years.

That Rams OL almost got him killed last season
          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

We’re loaded on offense. I’m not sure that we’re not a Qb away if they stack the defense.
            That defense probably needs at least a couple more drafts to be at the level it needs to be. Even IF you ONLY took the second half of last season, the defense was still pretty damn bad. They have MAYBE one linebacker worth a damn, and MAYBE two safeties (that really play the same position). Everyone else in that back seven are JAGs.

Comment

• Big time Stafford supporter and diehard Rams fan but I'm riding with JG!

Comment

• And that's kinda it.

Goff is still "rising," while Stafford is very much on the tail end of his career. Right now, all things equal, presuming full health, Stafford is the better QB.

But is that going to be true in a couple years when the Lions could actually be Super Bowl contenders? I don't think so.

Comment

back instead of Goff.
                  No. Love Stafford but he’s on his last legs. Whatever you think if Goff, he’s physically in his prime, so the talent disparity between the two is largely eliminated at this point.

Comment

• JG excels at the the intermediate throws in the middle of the field, he's better than Stafford at that.

I would rather have Stafford in come from behind scenarios, because he is one of the best there ever was at that. That is very important.

Comment

• Stafford is one of my all time favorite players but I'd stick with Goff as well. Goff is 28 and has been playing lights out for us. He doesn't have a cannon but he also doesn't need one the way he plays.

Stafford's arm was a thing of beauty in Detroit. You'd think there wasn't a throw that he couldn't make. He made everything look amazing but Goff makes it look like that's what was drawn up. Goff is good at making the right pass and not trying to force things into a wow play. I never in my life thought that I'd like Goff this much but he's perfect for the team.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

the NYJ pick 13th so IDK if we want to fall that far back. So they're not the best trade partner. Meanwhile Rodgers wouldn't be available for LV or any of those others. So in theory, it helps us by taking one less option (outside of trading up) for them.

Now, how can we get Jimmy G to WAS? They pick 16th
                        I still don't understand. What would help us is teams needing QBs and thus trading up in front of us to take QBs. If Richardson's combine makes it so that he's taken top 5 and we have 4 QBs taken ahead of us, we get basically the #2 overall pick since we don't need a QB. If smugface goes to the Jets, the Jets are out of the conversation of trading up in front of us.
                        "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                        Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• So the Bears just bent Carolina over.
                          "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                          Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            JG excels at the the intermediate throws in the middle of the field, he's better than Stafford at that.

I would rather have Stafford in come from behind scenarios, because he is one of the best there ever was at that. That is very important.
                            Active Pick 6 leaders
                            #01: Matt Stafford.........29
                            Next closest is at 20 (and he's a washed up Matt Ryan) and only 3 other QB's are even within 1/2 of Stafford's total - one of those is Tom Brady at 18 - and he's started 142 more games than Stafford.

Rams had the kind of defense to "absorb" those mistakes and make it to a SB - and eventually win it.
                            Lions have nowhere near that level of defense.

At the end of the day you don't want to be playing 70% of your games from behind - and your QB part of the reason you are playing from behind......
                            No matter how good he might be at pulling the rug out from the opponent.
                            That was the very concern we had with Goff and Fumbleitis......
                            Last edited by Fraquar; March 10, 2023, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• Yeah you can run your mouth about Super Bowl Champion Matthew Stafford but you cannot take away his greatness. Hater.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                Yeah you can run your mouth about Super Bowl Champion Matthew Stafford but you cannot take away his greatness. Hater.
                                Lol. Best thing that every happened to him. A year later they give us the 6 pick.......

Comment

Working...
                                X