No announcement yet.

NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordan Love sucks so bad that I can't believe he's still on that roster. Its like they're keeping him around to mess with Erin.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
      Vikings receiver K.J. Osborn saves a man’s life, pulling him from a burning car

Posted by Mike Florio on March 6, 2023, 7:50 PM EST

Getty Images

Vikings receiver K.J. Osborne is a grossly underrated football player. He’s also a grossly underrated human.

People are getting a glimpse of the kind of man Osborn is. On Sunday night, he helped pull a man to safety from a burning car.

“Most of the time the saying goes ‘wrong place wrong time,'” Osborn tweeted. “But this time I believe God had me, us, at the right place at the exact right time.

“Last night myself and these 3 absolute heroes helped save a man’s life by rescuing him from a vehicle up in flames after a bad crash. A situation I’d never imagine being a part of in a million years.

“I’ll leave you with this. God is real. And His LOVE is real. He will send his angels to be camped around you and provide you with his grace and mercy.”

Osborn also told his story on the latest episode of the Adam Schefter Podcast.

Kudos to Osborn. It’s easy to do the right thing when it entails no physical risk. It’s a lot harder when you put yourself at risk.

Really, what Osborn did is no different than what Chiefs running back Joe Delaney did in 1983. Both put their lives on the line in an effort to save someone else’s.
      Who cares? What's his wingspan?

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
        Jalen Carter better pray that the wheels of justice move a lot faster then the Vegas justice system. No one will draft him if the legal part is not resolved

Henry Ruggs prosecution gets bogged down by issues with judges

Posted by Mike Florio on March 6, 2023, 7:27 PM EST

Getty Images

Former Raiders receiver Henry Ruggs III, a first-round pick in 2021, continues to await trial on felony charges arising from a DUI resulting in the death of 23-year-old Tina Tintor. Via the Associated Press, issues regarding the presiding judge may delay the case.

Las Vegas Justice of the Peace Harmony Letizia said Monday that she believes she lacks the authority to determine whether she or another judge should preside over an upcoming preliminary hearing focusing on the question of whether enough evidence exists to place Ruggs on trial. The Clark County District Court judge that would resolve the issue, however, has recused himself because, as the judge put it, he talked about the Henry Ruggs case during the judge’s 2022 reelection campaign.

The preliminary hearing is set for May 4. That should be enough time to figure this out.

Ruggs, who was cut by the Raiders after the incident that happened in November 2021, remains on house arrest while the case is pending.
        Yes they will and you know it. Well, guess I should caveat that by saying ... given what we know about the situation now
        Last edited by Forsh; March 7, 2023, 03:15 PM.
        WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Lamar getting the non-exclusive tag makes his situation much more entertaining to follow. The market will determine his value. Wonder if we’ll see one team go all-in for Lamar….

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
            Jordan Love sucks so bad that I can't believe he's still on that roster. Its like they're keeping him around to mess with Erin.
            They SAY they believe in Love. But, it's not like Erin played at a high level last year. He's short arming passes which may mean he's losing arm strength. And on top of all that I think I think he threw more passes then anyone else last year. Not only that, but he's a cancer in their locker room. That young coach has to navigate all this. Yikes!

Here you go!
            Report: Jets officials flying out to meet with Aaron Rodgers on Tuesday

Posted by Myles Simmons on March 7, 2023, 2:19 PM EST

Getty Images

Things are apparently heating up between the Jets and quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

According to a new report from ESPN, a contingent of Jets officials are flying out to meet in person with Rodgers on Tuesday.

That’s a continuation of talks between Rodgers and New York, which began on Monday.

The Packers reportedly gave permission for the two parties to contact one another, which is required since Rodgers is still under contract with Green Bay.

While there’s been no word on exactly who is en route to meet with Rodgers, one person is likely the team’s new offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett. He was formerly Green Bay’s OC from 2019-2021 before his ill-fated, one-season stint as the Broncos head coach.

With quarterback Derek Carr off the market, the Jets are likely placing an even higher premium on landing Rodgers to be their quarterback in 2023.

We’ll see soon if New York has the juice to convince Rodgers he should play for the franchise. And then what Green Bay will receive in exchange for trading him to the Jets.
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Which is good news for the Lions opportunity to have a hearty trade opportunity. LV, CAR and WAS could be fighting it out to draft a QB at 6. OR one or more could trade with CHi, ARZ or SEA to move up. Pushing Anderson, Carter or Wilson down to us.
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Under a restructured contract, Would you?

Betting odds are out for Derrick Henry’s next team

Posted by Mike Florio on March 7, 2023, 1:28 PM EST

Getty Images

The Titans reportedly are shopping running back Derrick Henry. And the sports books are taking wagers on the identity of his next team.

PointsBet has installed the Dolphins as a +400 favorite. I’d pass on that one; coach Mike McDaniel is from the Kyle Shanahan school of multiple running backs. McDaniel wouldn’t want to put excessive financial eggs in a single tailback’s basket.

The Bengals also are at +400. It’s intriguing, but why wouldn’t they just keep Joe Mixon? Yes, Henry’s better at his best, but if they move on from Mixon, it wouldn’t be to swap out one expensive back for another. It would be to go cheaper.

The Chiefs, Bills, and Eagles come in at +500. Buffalo and Philly make a ton of sense; if Henry is willing to do a reasonable deal in the hopes of chasing a championship, those would be the places to go.

The Bears, Broncos, and Falcons land at +800. In Atlanta, Henry would be reunited with former Titans offensive coordinator Arthur Smith.

Next are the Ravens and Lions at +1000, and the Chargers and Giants at +1400.

Whoever trades for Henry may have to be ready to pay him. Chances are that the possibility of a trade emerged from his desire to rip up the last year of his current contract and get a new deal, before another season of wear and tear pushes him closer to his tackle football shelf life.

Henry is due to make $10.5 million this year, the final season of his current contract.
                ​​
                Last edited by Futureshock; March 7, 2023, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• Yeah. Lying season includes FA too I guess...

Philip Rivers denies contacting Dolphins and 49ers, says some teams reached out to him

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 7, 2023, 12:55 PM EST

Getty Images

Responding to a report that he reached out to the Dolphins and 49ers about making a comeback last season, Philip Rivers said he never reached out to anyone, but teams did reach out to him, only for Rivers to tell those teams no thanks.

Rivers told AL.com that teams checked in with him in 2022 to see if he might consider coming out of retirement, but he has no intention of playing again.

I heard from a couple of teams just kind of checking in,” he said. “I didn’t contact anyone, and I’m not going anywhere. I think maybe some teams, with some guys going down, may have been just looking for a contingency plan, but nothing came of it.”

Rivers did not name the couple of teams that checked in with him, but specifically said he never heard anything from the Dolphins. Both the Dolphins and 49ers started third-string rookie quarterbacks in the playoffs as a result of injuries, which is why they might have made sense as a destination for Rivers.

Rivers, who played his final season in 2020 with the Colts after 16 seasons with the Chargers, says there was a time when he thought he could have come back and contributed but at this point he thinks it’s safe to say his NFL career is over.

“I think in my mind in the last couple of years if a team had needed me, I might have had six or eight games left in me, but I’m not going into this fall thinking the same,” he said. “I think it’s done.”​

Comment

• Report: Patriots won’t tag Jonathan Jones

Posted by Myles Simmons on March 7, 2023, 12:30 PM EST

Getty Images

The Patriots are going to let a key defensive back hit the open market.

Per Ian Rapoport of NFL Media, New England will not tag cornerback Jonathan Jones before Tuesday’s 4 p.m. deadline.

Jones joined the Patriots as an undrafted free agent in 2016 and had been a rotational player on team’s defense from 2017-2021. He became a full-time starter in 2022, starting all 16 games in which he appeared.

Jones has also played significant special teams saps throughout his career.

In 2022, Jones had 69 total tackles, four interceptions, three forced fumbles, and 11 passes defensed.

Rapoport also notes that the Patriots do have interest in re-signing Jones. But he’ll surely have other teams interested in his services as a free agent.

Comment

• Clock is ticking on the Giants and the Saquon Barkley/ Daniel Jones situation too. Wonder if Barkley makes it to the open market because they have to tag Jones…

Schefter retweeted the Falcons are out on Lamar Jackson… surprises me.

Commanders maybe? Would Dan Snyder be willing to spend $200M+ guaranteed despite trying to sell the team?
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Bucs are not expected to tag Jamel Dean

Posted by Josh Alper on March 7, 2023, 10:59 AM EST

Getty Images

Cornerback Jamel Dean looks like he’s headed to free agency.

Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times reports that the Buccaneers are not expected to place the franchise tag on Dean before Tuesday afternoon’s deadline to do so. Dean is No. 8 on PFT’s list of this year’s top free agents and is the highest-ranked cornerback.

It’s not a great surprise that the Bucs will pass on the tag. The team is currently well over the cap and are set to cut players like tight end Cameron Brate and running back Leonard Fournette as they try to get compliant by the start of the new league year on March 15.

Dean joined the Bucs as a 2019 third-round pick. He’s started 38 games, including 15 last season. Dean had 57 tackles and two interceptions for the Bucs in 2022.

Comment

• Report: Eagles are not expected to use franchise tag

Posted by Myles Simmons on March 7, 2023, 10:58 AM EST

Getty Images

The Eagles have a long list of pending free agents who will hit the market when the new league year opens next week.

They aren’t going to reduce that list by one player.

Philadelphia is not expected to use the franchise tag this year, according to Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer.

One candidate for the tag was thought to be safety C.J. Gardner-Johnson. The Eagles acquired him from the Saints at the end of August in exchange for a couple of low-round draft picks. He played 12 games for Philadelphia and recorded a league-leading six interceptions. He had a total of eight passes defensed along with five tackles for loss and a sack.

Gardner-Johnson was a fourth-round pick in the 2019 draft.

Philadelphia has 20 players with expiring contracts, with running back Miles Sanders, cornerback James Bradberry, and defensive tackle Fletcher Cox among them. G.M. Howie Roseman has admitted that the team has to be realistic when targeting players to re-sign, as the club won’t have all of its free agents back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                            Clock is ticking on the Giants and the Saquon Barkley/ Daniel Jones situation too. Wonder if Barkley makes it to the open market because they have to tag Jones…

Schefter retweeted the Falcons are out on Lamar Jackson… surprises me.

Commanders maybe? Would Dan Snyder be willing to spend $200M+ guaranteed despite trying to sell the team?
                            ESPN just announced Jones has been given a 4 year deal (terms undisclosed) and Barkley was tagged and will make a little over 10M.

Comment

• Giants place franchise tag on Saquon Barkley after finalizing deal with Daniel Jones

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 7, 2023, 4:03 PM EST

Getty Images

The Giants got a deal done with quarterback Daniel Jones just before the deadline to use the franchise tag. Which means they have the tag available to use on running back Saquon Barkley.

And that’s exactly what they’re doing: The Giants are now franchising Barkley, after Jones agreed to a contract extension.

That means the Barkley could sign his franchise tender and have a guaranteed salary of $10.091 million for the 2023 season. Barkley and the Giants can also negotiate a long-term deal, although that would have to get done before July 15, after which Barkley could only play 2023 on a one-year deal.

A team could sign Barkley to an offer sheet and then send the Giants two first-round picks to acquire Barkley, although that’s extraordinarily unlikely.

The second overall pick in the 2018 NFL draft, Barkley has been one of the top running backs in the league when healthy, but his injury issues and a growing consensus in the NFL that running backs just aren’t that valuable anymore led some to think the Giants might let him walk in free agency. Instead, the Giants have made the necessary move to keep him around for at least another year.

Comment

• Originally posted by NewOrleansLion View Post

Who cares? What's his wingspan?
                                I just had to revisit this.

This is Golden Keyboard material. Ha!
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X