No announcement yet.

NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we a potential Lamar team? We have the picks and we have Goff to send back to them. Stranger things have happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
      Are we a potential Lamar team? We have the picks and we have Goff to send back to them. Stranger things have happened.
      Chuck Schmidt, Matt Millen, Martin Mayhew, and Bob Quinn aren't around to running things (into the ground) for the Detroit Lions anymore.

We have Brad Holmes, John Dorsey to assist, and Ray Agnew as another talent evaluator to make sure that Mr. Holmes doesn't even come close to doing something that dumb.

We need those picks to help out the Defense, and maybe to draft a potential starter on the Offensive line, preferably on the right side of it.
      "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
      My friend Ken L

Comment

• Why would you want Lamar? The guy is not a passer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
          Why would you want Lamar? The guy is not a passer.
          Nah. Lamar's more than capable of a passer; but he clearly doesn't trust his line or receivers beyond the barest of minimums.

Comment

• Maybe if the Lions were just a QB away, and I had no faith that Goff could be the answer, I'd pull the trigger on such a trade. But neither of those are true.

Comment

• No from me as well. More because of Lamar's contract to be.
              2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
                No from me as well. More because of Lamar's contract to be.
                Isnt that a concern when it comes to Goff though? Right now he is a bargain pretty much but in two years (or less) the Lions have to decide if they will pay him 50M+.......About that time they will also have guys like Amon Ra and Penei are due to be paid....

Comment

• No on Lamar for me. Jesus.

That said... for all the hand wringing about Lamar's contract, or Josh Daniels or whoever.... I predict in two years I will be hearing the argument "Well, Lamar's contract is a real bargain now if you think about it. He's only the 15th in salary, blah blah blah.".
                  Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                    I'd much rather draft a kicker this year. Spend a pick on Moody and move on.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Jets fans are going to panic if they strike out on Rodgers. Carr was the fallback plan.

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                        No on Lamar for me. Jesus.

That said... for all the hand wringing about Lamar's contract, or Josh Daniels or whoever.... I predict in two years I will be hearing the argument "Well, Lamar's contract is a real bargain now if you think about it. He's only the 15th in salary, blah blah blah.".
                        I was listening to Sirius NFL channel and they were saying if BAL had signed him BEFORE Watson signed, it would have saved them at least 5-10 mil a year.
                        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I'm glad he went to NO. A team that we probably were not going to get a trade up offer from.
                          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

I'd much rather draft a kicker this year. Spend a pick on Moody and move on.
                            Why? does he have too many kicks out of his tires?

Comment

• Report: Cardinals expect Rodney Hudson to retire

Posted by Josh Alper on March 5, 2023, 4:25 PM EST

Getty Images

J.J. Watt and A.J. Green may not be the only members of the 2022 Cardinals to head into retirement this offseason.

Jeremy Fowler of ESPN reports that the team expects veteran center Rodney Hudson to retire as well. Hudson is signed through the 2023 season and has a non-guaranteed salary of $2.05 million.

Hudson said that he considered retirement last year before deciding to play, but he was only in the lineup four times during the 2022 season. A knee injury was an issue all year and Hudson wound up on injured reserve in November. Billy Price got the most starts in place of Hudson, but he’s set for unrestricted free agency come the start of the new league year.

The 2022 season was Hudson’s second in Arizona. He previously spent six years with the Raiders and four seasons with the Chiefs.

Comment

• Report: Titans are shopping Derrick Henry

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 6, 2023, 11:29 AM EST

Getty Images

Titans running back Derrick Henry could be on the way out in Tennessee.

The Titans have been shopping Henry, according to Michael Silver of BallySports.com.

Henry is due a base salary of $10.5 million this season, none of which is guaranteed. If the Titans were to trade him, they’d save $6.3 million on their salary cap in 2023.

The 29-year-old Henry was the NFL’s offensive player of the year in 2020. He has led the NFL in rushing yards twice and led the NFL in carries three times, including last season. But his yards per carry average dropped a full yard from 5.4 in 2020 to 4.4 in 2022.

The Titans earned the AFC No. 1 seed in 2021, but last year they acted more like a rebuilding team by trading wide receiver A.J. Brown, and this year they’re continuing to shed expensive players. Henry might be the next to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X