No announcement yet.

NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah…I’m gonna call shenanigans there.

If you don’t think a great running game is a huge asset to a play action scheme…that’s crazy. Yes, some QBs are great at the fake part…but if there’s no threat of a running game the play action is not effective. And vise versa….a great RB can take better advantage of hesitation created by the play action threat.

I’m just saying that if the running game and play action are a big part of what the team does….doubling down is prudent.

Comment

• Call shenanigans all you want, I don't care

Comment

• I have zero issue with Bijan a #6. Zero.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          Call shenanigans all you want, I don't care
          You have their number? They have a restraining order on me.
          Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Sorry….saying that having a good running game doesn’t correlate/contribute/intensify the ability to run a play action scheme is just flat out wrong.

And if that wasn’t true you’d see a lot more play action on third and long….teams don’t run play action on 3rd and long because there’s no threat of the run, all of the smooth-faking in the world by a QB wouldn’t make a difference.

Shenanigans was the nice way of putting it…you’re just wrong here

Comment

• If you can point to studies saying there is a correlation, great, produce the evidence.

Comment

• Wasn’t that a big area of conflict with the Stafford era.
                No running game meant couldn’t do play action very well.
                Other than Stafford sucked at his lazy fake hand offs

Comment

• To the contrary, Stafford was very good at play action as a Lion. His best year was 2018 with a 125 passer rating on play action. 116 in 2015 and 117 in 2017. The never had a reliable running game, but his play action passing stats were always pretty good.

This whole topic has been an ongoing subject of Football Outsiders, whether there is evidence to support a better running game is needed for more effective play action. They can't find a correlation. The correlation they claim they can find is that better the passer, the more effective they are are a play action plays. Also I think across the board, play action passes have a better EPA than straight dropback passes.

Comment

• Really good QBs really don't need much than a hair's hesitation from a secondary to make play-action work. So, in that sense, no, it doesn't really matter that much how good your RBs are, because defenders are going to figure out pretty quickly that the RB doesn't have the ball. Just that beat of a moment where defenders think a play might be a run is all good quarterbacks in this league need.

Now good play action can really help an RB on plays that do wind up being running plays; because that same bit of hesitation while a defense figures out run or pass can mean the difference between a back getting 3-4 yards and bursting past a linebacker that's a step late to the hole for 20+.

Comment

• Rams part ways with Bobby Wagner after giving him a 5y/50M contract last year.......

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                        Rams part ways with Bobby Wagner after giving him a 5y/50M contract last year.......
                        The LA Rams are at least $15 million over the cap, so I guess that they had to do something like this to improve their roster overall.

Wagner was a 2nd team All-Pro this past season.
                        "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                        My friend Ken L

Comment

• They don't have a ton of avenues to save money. Wagner was the easy cut. They are going to have to restructure some contracts that already had a prohibitive dead cap hit already.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            They don't have a ton of avenues to save money. Wagner was the easy cut. They are going to have to restructure some contracts that already had a prohibitive dead cap hit already.
                            Getting Stafford when they got him was the perfect storm for them. It's looking like it will be a struggle to get back to the Superbowl for them now.
                            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Yeah they were at the end of the window and they did what any team in that situation should do. They are kind of in a no man's land right now. Enough talent that they can try and compete, but no real ammunition to improve.

Comment

• Screenshot_20230224_134447_Facebook.jpg
                                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X