No announcement yet.

NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m kind of tired of people blaming the “quality” of officiating in games like that…maybe if 95% of the bad calls didn’t come at strategically fortuitous (or non-fortuitous, based on your point of view) places I wouldn’t side-eye it as hard.

IMO….the NFL is an entertainment business and management manipulates the script as it can to improve the story. It’s not the WWE…but I don’t know that “completely fair and balanced” describes the officiating either.

Comment

• I would think the NFL would have preferred a do or die win-and-in game vs the Lions and Packers. Both teams also had way more cache than a starless Seattle team with little narrative momentum. As has been pointed out, lots of people jumped on the Lions bandwagon and the story of them making the playoffs after the 1-6 start, Dan Campbell, Jared Goff, Aidan Hutchinson - that’s playoff story line gold.

Comment

• An underrated factor is that Seahawks get as many calls at home as Green Bay does. The running into the kicker and the uncalled grounding were the two calls were something that should have been overruled by the refs on the field, replay or whatever they are phoning in from New York. The other ones were judgment calls that are always inconsistent.

It was bad at the time. My concern was more with the Lions giving Rodgers a shitburger than the playoffs so it bothered me less at the time than most fans.

Comment

• There's a huge degree that reputation matters. For the longest time, the Seahawks were on the ass end of calls like the Lions were. Then they got good, and "the 12th man" became a thing. And now they are enjoying similar home cooking that the traditionally good teams get.

You'd think that NFL officials would at least be kinda better at identifying and resisting that sort of psychological bias, but they're not. At ALL.

Comment

• Just listening to a playoff preview and this guy just shredding Joe Lombardi - basically saying that San Diego has the ability to do the same thing to Jax that the Lions did but that Lombardi is no Ben Johnson and doesn’t do smart things.

Comment

• It astounds me that both Joe Lombardi and Joe Barry have coordinator jobs. I wish you could go back in time to prevent Caldwell from hiring Lombardi.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                Just listening to a playoff preview and this guy just shredding Joe Lombardi - basically saying that San Diego has the ability to do the same thing to Jax that the Lions did but that Lombardi is no Ben Johnson and doesn’t do smart things.
                Fuckin JLo potentially costed the Lions a deep run. They had something insane like the best run defense in 90 years or something. You have to go back to Bronko Nagurski's days to find a better run defense and that was when games had scores of something like 12-7. If that defense had the Lions 2011 offense, they could've done a lot of damage. Instead we paired that defense with one of Stafford's worst seasons.
                "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Jlo, what does Jennifer Lopez have to do with Lions losing in 2011?
                  was she Stafford’s side dish?

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
                    Jlo, what does Jennifer Lopez have to do with Lions losing in 2011?
                    was she Stafford’s side dish?
                    Joe Lombardi. The guy that basically caused our offense to stall out because he didn't like Stafford.

Comment

• I know Top I was just making a joke. I’m pretty good at firuring out acronyms.
                      spelling and grammar not so good

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
                        I know Top I was just making a joke. I’m pretty good at firuring out acronyms.
                        spelling and grammar not so good
                        Sorry I like to be the awkward guy who deflates a joke by ruining the punchline or pretending not to get it. Sometimes I don't even realize I am doing it.

Comment

• You’re forgiven😀

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            It astounds me that both Joe Lombardi and Joe Barry have coordinator jobs. I wish you could go back in time to prevent Caldwell from hiring Lombardi.
                            No idea how Joe Barry is still in the league. He’s shit
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

No idea how Joe Barry is still in the league. He’s shit
                              Honestly Joe Barry should have at most been a position coach on the Lions, he had years of coaching before he would have been ready to be a DC. Rod might have denied it but Joe only made DC because of his wife. Doesn't mean he could never gain enough knowledge to eventually be possible in the role.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post

Honestly Joe Barry should have at most been a position coach on the Lions, he had years of coaching before he would have been ready to be a DC. Rod might have denied it but Joe only made DC because of his wife. Doesn't mean he could never gain enough knowledge to eventually be possible in the role.
                                Could you imagine having Rod marinelli as your father in law?

Comment

Working...
                                X