No announcement yet.

NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I were Denver I’d be looking at Caldwell hard….it’s not the jazzy HC their fan base would want, but probably the stability that that locker room needs right now.

Comment

• Denver would be a good spot for him...id worry about his age long term though...he turns 68 this year

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post
        I’m not so sure…it was Johnson’s first year as an OC. The only job that I worry about him taking is Arizona (because they want “fix” gamer-Smurf)…but I think they’ll be looking hard at Gannon.

Denver needs someone with Chops (Ryans or Peyton)
        Carolina would be foolish to let wilks go…Ryans or Gannon maybe
        Colts are going to bring back Harbaugh
        Houston is a raging dumpster fire and I think Johnson would turn down the job and stay put
        AZ- Gannon or Ryans

And I didn’t even mention Ken Dorsey or Kellen Moore or Frank Reich up there (or Aaron Glenn).

Johnson will get his job next year…I don’t think there will be enough chairs when the music stops this year.
        It wasn’t his first year as OC. He was calling the plays last year when the offense took off.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Are you guys shitting me? Caldwell? That’s a joke, please.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• A good article on hiring a coach with some killer Tomlin stuff:

“I love to hear coaches resist the responsibility of coaching,” Tomlin said. “They’ll talk negatively about a dude that can’t learn and blah, blah. Man, if everybody could learn, we’d need less coaches. Right? If the group didn’t need management, then we wouldn’t make as much.

“I love reading draft evals and somebody’s talking about anything other than pedigree, talking about how poor somebody’s hand usage is. Well, that’s coaching. I don’t run away from coaching. I run to coaching. It all is in line with not seeking comfort, because when you’re a coach that’s talking about, ‘Somebody can’t learn,’ you’re seeking comfort because your teaching is struggling.”

Five NFL teams are looking for a new head coach, and we’re here to help with these simple guidelines for who NFL owners should hire. Presenting: The Ringer’s Guide to Hiring a Head Coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
              and like others have said there is the possibility the Bears take Young and trade Fields for multiple picks.
              Which GM is dumb enough to fall for that?
              Apathetic No More.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                Are you guys shitting me? Caldwell? That’s a joke, please.
                That locker room is broken right now….they are married to a franchise QB, whom more than half the team hates with a raging passion.

I see caldwell as a right-the-ship slow and steady wins the race guy…what’s happening in Denver right now goes well beyond a draft pick (which they traded away) or a FA to right the ship.

I never liked Caldwell as our coach…but have always respected the environments he cultivated.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

It wasn’t his first year as OC. He was calling the plays last year when the offense took off.
                  Yeah but this is really the first time he was responsible for developing the playbook himself. Also lots of decent replacement level coaches have early success because their is less tape out there. That first full year is important and he did well and adapted throughout the season, but it really is only a single year body of evidence. Remember Mcvay started well, got better for like 2 years, had BB write the book on stopping them and fell off till he got Stafford.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post

That locker room is broken right now….they are married to a franchise QB, whom more than half the team hates with a raging passion.

I see caldwell as a right-the-ship slow and steady wins the race guy…what’s happening in Denver right now goes well beyond a draft pick (which they traded away) or a FA to right the ship.

I never liked Caldwell as our coach…but have always respected the environments he cultivated.
                    Caldwell is a lot like MCDC. The men play for him, and he can't ever seem to figure out how to manage a game. If I was Denver I'd take him.
                    "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                    Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Caldwell's game management decisions were overblown. Somehow they had a ton of comeback victories. Any coach getting 9 wins with that team had to be managing something right. His biggest problem was lack of talent on the team and that was illustrated when he was replaced by Patricia. I think game management is important but talent is more important.

It's much more apparent in hindsight the job he did in Detroit. I didn't like him when he was the Lion coach and I was wrong about that.

Comment

• I wasn’t a Caldwell guy at any point, before or after he was hired by the Lions. That said, he did better with the Lions than I expected. I’m glad he’s gone. I’m not sure he can win a Super Bowl but he will command the respect of the players. And maybe he can get Wilson back on track.

Comment

• Harbaugh would good fit in Denver. He vision of what football is works with what Wilson needs to salvage the disaster in Denver. It would not be much different than what Carroll was doing in Seattle with Wilson.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                            I wasn’t a Caldwell guy at any point, before or after he was hired by the Lions. That said, he did better with the Lions than I expected. I’m glad he’s gone. I’m not sure he can win a Super Bowl but he will command the respect of the players. And maybe he can get Wilson back on track.
                            He can get his lunch eaten in the Super Bowl if you give him Peyton Manning and an embarrassment of talent.

It's rather funny how much Froot lauds Caldwell when Caldwell is really just Sean McVay without the camera presence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                              A good article on hiring a coach with some killer Tomlin stuff:

Five NFL teams are looking for a new head coach, and we’re here to help with these simple guidelines for who NFL owners should hire. Presenting: The Ringer’s Guide to Hiring a Head Coach.
                              What Tomlin has done in Pitt is insane. I’ve always like him as a coach
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                                I wasn’t a Caldwell guy at any point, before or after he was hired by the Lions. That said, he did better with the Lions than I expected. I’m glad he’s gone. I’m not sure he can win a Super Bowl but he will command the respect of the players. And maybe he can get Wilson back on track.
                                That’s a about my sentiments. If you want to go from shit on the field and in the locker room hire Caldwell.

If you want to compete seek life elsewhere
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X