No announcement yet.

NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He should just play harder. Can't do anything about the refs...

Kyle Shanahan thinks Nick Bosa is getting held a lot, 49ers have addressed it with the league

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 5, 2022, 4:41 AM EDT

Getty Images

San Francisco defensive end Nick Bosa is having another strong season, leading the NFL with six sacks through four games. But 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan thinks Bosa could do even more if offensive linemen wouldn’t get away with holding him so much.

When a reporter on Shanahan’s conference call said Bosa appears to be getting held on many plays, Shanahan replied, “I couldn’t agree with you more.”

Shanahan said Bosa has been getting held since his rookie of the year-winning season in 2019, and the 49ers often send plays in to the league office to ask why Bosa isn’t drawing more flags.

“It’s something I’ve seen a lot with him since he’s been here, going back to his first year in the Super Bowl. So it’s always been tough. We turn everything in every week. Sometimes they agree, sometimes they don’t,” Shanahan said.

Shanahan said there’s not much the 49ers can do other than continue to point out to the league that Bosa is getting held.

“You just hope it improves,” Shanahan said.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• A lot of people wanted a shot at this guy during the draft...

Cardinals waive Andy Isabella, sign Billy Price

Posted by Josh Alper on October 4, 2022, 4:20 PM EDT

Getty Images

Wide receiver Andy Isabella‘s time with the Cardinals has come to an end.

The team announced that they have waived Isabella on Tuesday. They filled his roster spot by signing offensive lineman Billy Price off of the Raiders practice squad.

Isabella was a second-round pick in 2019, but never really made an impact for the team. He had 30 catches for 413 yards and three touchdowns in 30 games over his first two seasons, but was inactive for much of last season and caught just one pass for 13 yards in eight games. He had two catches for 21 yards in three games this season.

Price entered the league as a Bengals first-round pick in 2018 and started 19 games over three seasons with the team. He was traded to the Giants last year and started 15 games for the NFC East club.

The Cardinals also confirmed the signing of kicker Matt Ammendola to the practice squad.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• For those of you who do not know this kid, think of Tommy Kenedy with really fast (like 4.3 speed) wheels

Comment

• Cole Beasley retires from football

Posted by Mike Florio on October 5, 2022, 12:28 PM EDT

USA TODAY Sports

Cole Beasley waited for the right opportunity to emerge. It finally did, in Tampa.

Two weeks later, Beasley is deciding to call it a day.

Beasley’s agent, Justin Turner, tells NFL Network that Beasley has retired from the NFL.

“He is ready to be with his family after playing in 11 seasons and it’s time to be a full-time dad and husband,” Turner said. (It’s hard not to wonder whether that message will register with the team’s starting quarterback.)

Beasley has made plenty of money in his career, upwards of $50 million. This year, the money simply wasn’t there, for whatever reason.

One team, we’ve heard, was willing to pay him $2 million and vowed that he’d have 85 receptions. So why offer him only $2 million?

In his second and final game with the Bucs, Beasley was on the field for four plays. He caught one pass for five yards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
            For those of you who do not know this kid, think of Tommy Kenedy with really fast (like 4.3 speed) wheels
            So Tyreek Hill haha ... but yeah, I wanted Isabella in the draft. Such a bust so far tho
            WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• He’s definitely a guy worth taking a look at

Comment

• When you look at what AZ has had at the WR - it's pretty difficult to understand how he's going to see the ball let alone make an impact - unless it's as a returner in a league that has all but crushed the value of the returner position.
                Rookie season was really his only chance. They "just" had Fitz and Kirk.
                The following season? They add Hopkins - which means he never sees the field.
                The next season? They bring in A.J. Green to replace the retired Fitz - AND draft a another WR in Rondale Moore.
                2022? They bring in Marquise Brown and Zach Ertz.....

That is a team where there simply aren't enough balls to go around with that many big name receivers.

Comment

• or maybe... He's just not very good.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• A lot of the guys he listed are big names past their prime.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post
                      He’s definitely a guy worth taking a look at
                      Not for the Lions IMO. We’re stacked at WR. They’re a little banged up right now once Williams comes back there’s too many mouths to feed
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Any team running out Khalif Raymond is most definitely not stacked.

Comment

• Raymond was going to be my thought….he can’t catch a cold, doesn’t return kicks anymore, and no one really has to punt to us.

Comment

• Also…Tom Kennedy is on the roster full-time. But since Kennedy can actually catch….I like him better than Raymond

Comment

• Just because a guy's a burner doesn't mean he has NFL receiver talent.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• But Raymond brings no value.

FTR….I’m not pounding the table for Isabella (though I liked him coming out). But the idea that we shouldn’t be churning the roster with guys like Kennedy, Raymond, and even Cepheus (who’s done dick lately) is absurd.

Comment

Working...
                                X