No announcement yet.

NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's value in a guy like Golladay as long as he's coming down with the ball in the red zone and in 1 on 1 opportunities. He did good with body positioning too to be a decent 3rd down option. He's not doing that stuff in NY. Which is making his lack of separation an even bigger problem.

I think the majority opinion around here was that he would have been nice to keep but not for the money he was going to get with either a contract or a tag.

Comment

• It was an easy decision once Stafford was gone. If they had kept Stafford, there was a path to bringing Golladay back, but his injury history and the fact that he was an older than his draft class (24 as a rookie), a huge contract never made sense for him. Even as a Golladay fan, I was stunned by what the Giants gave him. That's the reason why you never let a regime on their way out the door open up the checkbook.

Comment

• I wanted the Lions to franchise him to give Goff at least one weapon. I’m sure glad that didn’t happen
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Goes back to posts about Megatron and Kupp with their all time years. The difference between performance with and without Stafford. One he looks like a legit 1 and the other he can't convince even desperate QBs to send a ball his way.

I know we ragged on Stafford about about not throwing in front of recievers much to get the YAC. But I think it's about Stafford putting the ball where they want it. Kupp got it in front but Calvin and Gallowday's strengths were going up and high pointing the catches and he played to that.

Comment

• That really comes off as pretty whiny. It doesn't really say anything about Russ as a player. Just a few people jealous that Pete was nicer to Russ than them, like an unloved middle child. There was no setting in the world where they pick a corner or safety to pay over a QB, and there is always a balance of how you handle a young QB. They get enough over analyzation by the media and fan base. That's a whole lot of nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post

That really comes off as pretty whiny. It doesn't really say anything about Russ as a player. Just a few people jealous that Pete was nicer to Russ than them, like an unloved middle child. There was no setting in the world where they pick a corner or safety to pay over a QB, and there is always a balance of how you handle a young QB. They get enough over analyzation by the media and fan base. That's a whole lot of nothing.
              I thought the same thing. I know that defense made the team next level as they were seriously great. But there’s no way they’re not paying one of the best QBs in the league to roll with the defense. That would have been insane.

F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post

That really comes off as pretty whiny. It doesn't really say anything about Russ as a player. Just a few people jealous that Pete was nicer to Russ than them, like an unloved middle child. There was no setting in the world where they pick a corner or safety to pay over a QB, and there is always a balance of how you handle a young QB. They get enough over analyzation by the media and fan base. That's a whole lot of nothing.
                Agree. As if it is any different on any other team, but the Patriots. No other position are you asking yourself if it is going to hurt the starters feelings if you add his future replacement. Even if your timeline for replacing is years in the future. For instance, IDK if Goff would ask to be traded if the team trades up and drafts Young. Decker didn't ask to be traded when they drafted Sewell.

Those guys are acting very whiny.
                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I don't know, when those stalwarts on the Seattle D left and the Seahawks relied on Russ to cook, he fell flat on his face. To me Russ Wilson had delusions of grandeur that were totally unjustified. But with the Broncos he has the chance to show all the haters they were wrong. Lets see him cook ..

Comment

• IF it was actually true that Carroll looked at that team, and what made it successful, and said, "Yeah... it's because of Russell Wilson," and treated Wilson with kid gloves while raking over everyone else, I could see that generating a lot of beef. Any player, regardless of position, is going to look at that and be more than a little resentful, regardless if it was a QB or not getting the "preferential treatment."

Now, that said, I'd need more than one former player's say-so.

Comment

• When you are a quarterback, you are expected to be the hardest worker and the team spokesman. You are expected to take all of the slings and arrows for the team even if some of the criticism is unjustified. Basically you are the human shield. It was not a coincidence that nearly everyone that had played with Stafford was joyous when he won last year. Wilson has never really given off this vibes in my opinion.

Comment

• Russell Wilson was a big part of their success maybe not as much as the defensive unit as a whole but still better then any other QB they had at the time.
                        I was living out their at that time and had a front seat view of their climb to a Championship team.

Comment

• Always felt that Wilson was a tier 2a QB….very good but not great. Overpaid

Comment

• I remember watching a road game with the Texans. The Texans were very good at the time.
                            the game was I believe the year when Seattle made the playoffs but lost to Atlanta. It was year before their Super Bowl year.
                            the Seahawks were down like 24-7 or close to that, someone can google game if they want to, but anyway Russell Wilson put that team on his back and they came back to beat the Texans that day.
                            I remember thinking this team is going to win a Super Bowl soon. It was that impressive to me. They showed a lot of championship characteristics that game.

Comment

• Wilson has been an elite QB always. He was bad last week but was solid week 1. They win that game if not for two goal to go fumbles.

Is he able to carry a team? No. No QB can. Thats the delusial idea. Seahawks were never going to be better off with a lesser defense and running game than they had in the Legion of Boom and Beast Mode Era. Even if the offense put up more points. It just doesn't work that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X