No announcement yet.

NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can always use wikipedia to learn about the franchise tag system.

Comment

• The ending got a little weird because he talked about the initial franchise tag allowing them to take later tags. It's Average of top 5 or 120% of current cap value whatever is higher and then 120% every successive tag. Not much opportunity to save as generally no cap is going to be that high for a guy just hitting FA unless several years of reconstruction happened first. That's why we couldn't tag Suh back then he would have had a tag value of something like 33 million.

Comment

• Lions play the Cowboys in week 7. Dak might be back for that game. If not, CMU fans get to see their ex-QB in Cooper Rush… or maybe the Cowboys desperately trade for Jimmy G.

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

Yep.

If the Ravens think Jackson is the guy, they need to stop trying to be cute, hoping to pressure him into taking a "hometown discount." If they don't think he's the guy, they need to stop trying to be cute, let him walk away and move on.
          Maybe Jackson's agent isn't as knowledgeable as he thinks
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
            Lions play the Cowboys in week 7. Dak might be back for that game. If not, CMU fans get to see their ex-QB in Cooper Rush… or maybe the Cowboys desperately trade for Jimmy G.

Jimmy G will get destroyed behind that OL.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• JimmyG will be starting for the Niners shortly.

Comment

• How tf did the Boars win that?
                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I wouldn’t write Lance off quite yet. I was never a fan of him with his long layoff and small school but they wanted him. We’ll see
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Yeah. I think they jumped to start him too quick. It all looks good in practice. A team trying to vie for a SB shouldn't be starting rookie or second year QBs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                      How tf did the Boars win that?
                      No idea.

The weather conditions was probably a big factor. Bears and 49ers should be judged after week 2…
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I say they should be judged after the season

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post

No idea.

The weather conditions was probably a big factor. Bears and 49ers should be judged after week 2…
                          By doing what we should have done...

Jaylon Johnson: Bears beat Trey Lance by making him play quarterback

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 12, 2022, 10:26 AM EDT
                          Bears cornerback Jaylon Johnson says the game plan against 49ers quarterback Trey Lance on Sunday was simple: Make him throw the football.Lance completed just 13 of his 28 passes for 164 yards, with no touchdowns and one interception on Sunday, while also leading the 49ers in rushing with 54 yards on 13 carries. Johnson says [more]

Trey Lance: I made too many mistakes

Posted by Josh Alper on September 12, 2022, 6:37 AM EDT
                          The 49ers didn’t have the opener they wanted to the 2022 season.After taking a 10-0 lead in the rain in Chicago, the 49ers gave up 19 straight points to the Bears and returned to California with an 0-1 record. Among the reasons why they weren’t able to win a game they entered as touchdown favorites [more]

Comment

• Robert Saleh “taking receipts” on people who continually mock Jets

Posted by Josh Alper on September 12, 2022, 5:02 PM EDT

Getty Images

Those looking for signs of progress from the Jets on Sunday could point to an improved performance from a defense that was ranked 32nd last year, but it’s hard to get too excited about anything else from their 24-9 loss to the Ravens.

The Jets didn’t score a touchdown until the final minute of the game and their offense picked up 195 of their 378 yards from scrimmage once they were already down three scores in the second half. They turned the ball over twice, Greg Zuerlein missed a pair of kicks to spread the troubles to the special teams units as well and reactions from those watching weren’t all that kind to the Jets.

Head coach Robert Saleh addressed some of those reactions at his Monday press conference, particularly ones from those who believe that Saleh’s bid to turn the team’s fortunes are already doomed.

“It’s going to happen,” Saleh said, via Andy Vasquez of NJ.com. “And we’re all taking receipts on all the people who continually mock and say that we ain’t going to do anything. I’m taking receipts and I’m gonna be more than happy to share them with all y’all.”

During an appearance on The Michael Kay Show later in the day, Saleh reiterated that he’s taking receipts and that he can’t wait “to shove it down everyone’s throat when it comes around.”

Sunday’s loss dropped Saleh to 4-14 as the Jets coach and ran their record to 63-115 since they last made the playoffs in 2010, so there’s been plenty of waiting for the Jets to do more than talk about things coming around. People will continue to use the Jets as a punchline unless and until that changes, which makes Saleh’s charge an easy one to figure out and a difficult one to achieve.

Comment

• Derek Barnett tore his ACL on Sunday

Posted by Josh Alper on September 12, 2022, 2:47 PM EDT

Getty Images

Eagles defensive end Derek Barnett left Sunday’s game with a knee injury and it appears he won’t be back on the field this season.

According to multiple reports, Barnett tore his ACL during the 38-35 win over the Lions.

Barnett was injured in the third quarter of Sunday’s game. He played 12 defensive snaps and two special teams snaps without recording any tackles before he went down.

Barnett hit free agency in March and returned to the Eagles on a two-year deal. He had 147 tackles, 21.5 sacks, three forced fumbles, and three fumble recoveries in 64 games over his first five seasons with the team.

Josh Sweat, Brandon Graham and Tarron Jackson are the other defensive ends on the Eagles depth chart.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                                Robert Saleh “taking receipts” on people who continually mock Jets

Posted by Josh Alper on September 12, 2022, 5:02 PM EDT

Getty Images

Those looking for signs of progress from the Jets on Sunday could point to an improved performance from a defense that was ranked 32nd last year, but it’s hard to get too excited about anything else from their 24-9 loss to the Ravens.

The Jets didn’t score a touchdown until the final minute of the game and their offense picked up 195 of their 378 yards from scrimmage once they were already down three scores in the second half. They turned the ball over twice, Greg Zuerlein missed a pair of kicks to spread the troubles to the special teams units as well and reactions from those watching weren’t all that kind to the Jets.

Head coach Robert Saleh addressed some of those reactions at his Monday press conference, particularly ones from those who believe that Saleh’s bid to turn the team’s fortunes are already doomed.

“It’s going to happen,” Saleh said, via Andy Vasquez of NJ.com. “And we’re all taking receipts on all the people who continually mock and say that we ain’t going to do anything. I’m taking receipts and I’m gonna be more than happy to share them with all y’all.”

During an appearance on The Michael Kay Show later in the day, Saleh reiterated that he’s taking receipts and that he can’t wait “to shove it down everyone’s throat when it comes around.”

Sunday’s loss dropped Saleh to 4-14 as the Jets coach and ran their record to 63-115 since they last made the playoffs in 2010, so there’s been plenty of waiting for the Jets to do more than talk about things coming around. People will continue to use the Jets as a punchline unless and until that changes, which makes Saleh’s charge an easy one to figure out and a difficult one to achieve.
                                I hate the Jets
                                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Working...
                                X