Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    League darlings? Jealous much?
    Nope. Your second team won, but my second team has gottten all the media coverage. Maybe it's everyone else? Nah it's yaw.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Oh boy. Now I am glad we didn't draft him. Rapist haven't exactly worked out for us...

Matt Araiza is sued for gang rape

Posted by Mike Florio on August 25, 2022, 6:54 PM EDT

Getty Images

Bills rookie punter Matt Araiza, who has quickly risen to fame with a strong leg and a catchy nickname, faces a very serious off-field issue before his first NFL game.

According to the Los Angeles Times, Araiza is among the defendants in a civil lawsuit alleging gang rape. The other defendants are Zavier Leonard and Nowlin “Pa’a” Ewaliko. All three men were San Diego State football players at the time of the alleged incident.

The incident allegedly occurred last year, at an off-campus party. The alleged victim was 17 years old.

Araiza’s lawyer said the accusation is false, and he accused the plaintiff of making a “money grab.” (As we recently learned in the Deshaun Watson case, it’s always a money grab, until it isn’t.)

“It’s a shakedown because he’s now with the Buffalo Bills,” Kerry Armstrong told the Times. “There is no doubt in my mind that Matt Araiza ever raped that girl.”

There is an ongoing criminal investigation of the incident. No arrests have been made, and San Diego police have not publicly identified any suspects.

The Times previously reported that the university failed to alert the campus community about the alleged incident, and that the school waited more than seven months to launch an investigation.

“We were recently made aware of a civil complaint involving Matt from October 2021,” the Bills said in a statement to the Times on Thursday. “Due to the serious nature of the complaint, we conducted a thorough examination of this matter. As this is an ongoing civil case, we will have no other comment at this point.”

The NFL’s Personal Conduct Policy does not apply to incidents occurring before a player enters the NFL, either via the draft or by signing as an undrafted free agent. However, such allegations can become relevant to the punishment imposed for any off-field misconduct occurring after the player joins an NFL team.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Denzel Mims’ agent requests a trade for the receiver

Posted by Charean Williams on August 25, 2022, 6:51 PM EDT

Getty Images

The Jets used a second-round choice on receiver Denzel Mims in 2020. Heading into his third season, Mims has not broken into the starting lineup.

He is listed as the backup to Corey Davis.

That prompted his agent, Ron Slavin, to put out a statement Thursday, requesting the Jets trade Mims.

“It’s just time,” Slavin wrote. “Denzel tired in good faith, but it’s clear he does not have a future with the Jets. Denzel vowed to come back better than ever this season and worked extremely hard in the offseason to make that happen. Still, he has been given no opportunities with the starting offense to get in a groove with them. We feel at this point, a trade is our only option since the Jets have told us repeatedly they will not release him. Joe Douglas has always done right by Denzel, and we trust he will do everything in his power to find another team where Denzel can be a contributor.”

Mims received 15 snaps in the first preseason game, sixth among the team’s receivers, and caught two of five targets for 25 yards. He saw 27 snaps, which was second among the team’s wideouts, in the second preseason game and caught three of four targets for 43 yards. Mims did not start either game.

He has played 20 games with 11 starts since the Jets drafted him 59th overall and has caught 31 passes on 67 targets for 490 yards with no touchdowns.

The Jets have drafted receivers in the first two rounds each of the past two years, and Elijah Moore and Garrett Wilson are listed as starters along with Davis.

Comment

• What brain donor thought it was a good idea to have joint practices with the two teams that just played in the super bowl?

I’m sure no one is still bitter….like an episode of jerry springer, violence is (or should be) expected.

Comment

• Aaron Donald swings helmet at Bengals’ players during joint practice brawl

Posted by Charean Williams on August 25, 2022, 5:03 PM EDT

USA TODAY Sports

The NFL has never gotten involved in legislating joint practice fights, instead deferring to the clubs to punish players. Maybe it’s time.

The Bengals and Rams engaged in an all-out brawl Thursday afternoon to end their work.

A photo posted by Sam Greene, a photojournalist with The Cincinnati Enquirer, shows Rams defensive lineman Aaron Donald holding two Bengals’ helmets, one in each hand. And a video from CincyHub shows Donald viciously swinging one helmet before getting knocked to the ground and then being held back. Multiple punches were thrown between the two teams.

Jay Morrison of TheAthletic.com wrote on social media that there were “full on roundhouse punches being swung, helmets being slammed on other peoples heads, multiple players joining in. Full on melee.”

“I don’t know exactly what instigated it,” Rams coach Sean McVay said, via Gary Klein of the Los Angeles Times. “I think in some instances it’s teams defending each other. Fortunately, my understanding is nobody got hurt, and we’ll move on from it. Not going to make a bigger deal than what it is. Not going to look at pointing fingers.

But swinging a helmet or helmets at opposing players should be a big deal. Browns defensive end Myles Garrett was suspended indefinitely for swinging Mason Rudolph‘s helmet at the quarterback’s head during a 2019 nationally televised game, and Garrett ended up serving six games. Based on the NFL’s history of ignoring joint practice fights, Donald presumably faces no discipline for a similar (or worse) transgression.

Donald was scheduled for a news conference after the session, which ended three reps early, but he did not talk Thursday, according to Klein.

“I just see guys swinging and some guys have helmets on; some don’t,” McVay said. “There’s a scrum. You just never know what can occur. And my biggest concern in just unnecessary injuries for people that we’re counting on.”

Some minor scuffles took place before the brawl that ended practice, with Bengals right tackle La'el Collins throwing a Rams’ helmet.

The Rams and Bengals seem to be fortunate someone wasn’t seriously injured, and the NFL needs to ensure that it doesn’t ever happen by punishing players under the Personal Conduct Policy.

Comment

• Can we bring this guy in for a workout?

Patriots release Malcolm Butler from IR

Posted by Josh Alper on August 25, 2022, 4:57 PM EDT

Getty Images

Cornerback Malcolm Butler‘s return to New England came to an end when he was placed on injured reserve earlier this week, but he’s now free to continue playing with another team

The NFL’s daily transaction report shows that the Patriots have released Butler with an injury settlement. He is now a free agent.

Butler had not practiced since the Patriots’ preseason opener, but it’s not clear what kind of injury led to him going on the reserve list in the first place.

Butler was with the Cardinals in 2021, but did not play in the regular season because he retired late in the summer. It’s not clear if he’ll contemplate retiring again now that his comeback bid with the Patriots has come to an end.

Comment

• Third-round pick Brian Robinson has looked really good (FF owners/players note) so I guess they don't have as much worry if he gets nailed on a return. Although they should. Dude (Gibson) is a weapon...

Ron Rivera: We’re excited about having Antonio Gibson return kicks

Posted by Myles Simmons on August 25, 2022, 2:14 PM EDT

Getty Images

While Antonio Gibson totaled 1,331 yards from scrimmage and 10 touchdowns last season, it’s looking more like he’s not going to be Washington’s primary running back in 2022.

Third-round pick Brian Robinson started the Commanders’ second preseason game over Gibson, rushing for 31 yards on eight carries. Gibson had just two carries, but had three receptions for 37 yards.

With Gibson’s receiving skill — he caught 42 passes for 294 yards with three touchdowns last year — he may be more of a receiving back and the team’s primary kick returner in 2022.

“You still need to see some more stuff, but you know, I think he is. I do,” Rivera said, via Sam Fortier of the Washington Post. “I think he’s done a nice job.”

Gibson has not played a special teams snap in his first two pro seasons. But Rivera added that Gibson has gotten “more and more comfortable” returning kicks.

“When you watch it on tape, you see him circling the ball, getting under it, making a good catch,” Rivera said. “It’s something he did well in college, and we’re pretty excited having him do it.”

Gibson averaged 28 yards on 23 kick returns at Memphis in 2019, taking one return back for a touchdown. While there are fewer opportunities to return kicks given the league’s recent rule changes, it’s still a place where Gibson could make an impact.

Comment

• Wow what the fuck. Aaron Donald is a psycho
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                    Wow what the fuck. Aaron Donald is a psycho
                    He was Whack-a-moleing those MFrs Ha!
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

That's about right. He was trying to stack those tickets for the big prize like his life depended on it. He's one of the all time greats and the best in the business, i'm not sure what he's trying to prove.

Can you imagine our D with he and Suh back in the day. Thanks a lot Mayhew
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I’ve never been a Baker Mayfield fan but he’s looking like he’s going to make Cleveland look stupid. He played like a man on a mission for the Panthers tonight while Watson will be sitting most of the year.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Bills did rest their starters, but agree that Mayfield is significantly better than Darnold. Panthers could surprise people in a weak NFC conference IMO. They just need injury luck to key players… such as CMac.
                          Ickey Ekwonu looks good too.

Derrick Brown 😳

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• POL has a hilarious article about how fed up with Fatty Patty the NE fans are. I have no idea what BB is thinking handing any kind of offensive play calling to that tool. He's a moron.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal
                              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• There you go, Lions. Possibly a backup QB upgrade candidate:

I didn’t like Davis Webb coming out of college. He still is probably better than Blough.

Ehlinger news:

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X