NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post

Ouch, that’s a big loss for the Cowboys.
    Potentially won’t be available for the Lions vs Cowboys game if the timetable is accurate. Also there’s a logjam of elite OTs in the NFC… maybe Sewell has better shot at making the Pro Bowl this season.
    That’s a season ender. Even if he does come back he’ll be ineffective and probably reinjure it

Too bad for him but…Fuck a bunch of Cowboys
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• It’s a huge loss for the Cowboys for sure. Comparable to the Lions without Taylor Decker… offense was on fire last season with Decker back.

Looking forward to Hutchinson having a field day against them in week 7. Hey, maybe Josh Paschal will be back by then and he’ll get a sack too.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I’m not expecting much from any of the injured rooks this year. Anything they bring will be gravy. Especially Williams, that kid is is going to be electric.

He’s so under the radar right now it’s crazy. That kid was a top 10 pick.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
          I’m not expecting much from any of the injured rooks this year. Anything they bring will be gravy. Especially Williams, that kid is is going to be electric.

He’s so under the radar right now it’s crazy. That kid was a top 10 pick.
          If he wasn't hurt it would not be a great strecth to think he would have been a top 5 pick easily. I could see him going to the combine and putting on a show
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Lovie Smith: Jalen Pitre making a lot of flash plays

Posted by Josh Alper on August 26, 2022, 7:23 AM EDT

Getty Images

The Texans have spent the last couple of seasons turning over their roster and that’s opened the door to playing time for a lot of young players.

It looks like there will be a number of rookies playing prominent roles on the team in 2022 and second-round pick Jalen Pitre is high on that list. The safety started against the 49ers on Thursday night and made one of the biggest defensive plays of the game when he stuffed running back Trey Sermon for a loss on a fourth down.

After the game, head coach Lovie Smith said at a press conference that Pitre has been making plays throughout the summer and that he’s looking forward to seeing him in regular season action.

“What we notice, is when you’re making a whole lot of big flash plays,” Smith said. “Jalen has been consistent throughout. He’s a smart player. He’s been like a sponge as far as learning. But he’s going to be around the ball. That’s what we’ve seen since OTAs. I’m excited about going forward with him and him lining up for us when Indy comes into town.”

First-round cornerback Derek Stingley Jr. is also ticketed for the starting lineup and the Texans will be hoping that the duo becomes a cornerstone for their defense in the future.
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

If he wasn't hurt it would not be a great strecth to think he would have been a top 5 pick easily. I could see him going to the combine and putting on a show
              Totally agreed. I wish Hard Knocks would have more on him. I’d really like to see who he is. The way he moves on the field is video game like. He’s going to be good
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                Lovie Smith: Jalen Pitre making a lot of flash plays

Posted by Josh Alper on August 26, 2022, 7:23 AM EDT

Getty Images

The Texans have spent the last couple of seasons turning over their roster and that’s opened the door to playing time for a lot of young players.

It looks like there will be a number of rookies playing prominent roles on the team in 2022 and second-round pick Jalen Pitre is high on that list. The safety started against the 49ers on Thursday night and made one of the biggest defensive plays of the game when he stuffed running back Trey Sermon for a loss on a fourth down.

After the game, head coach Lovie Smith said at a press conference that Pitre has been making plays throughout the summer and that he’s looking forward to seeing him in regular season action.

“What we notice, is when you’re making a whole lot of big flash plays,” Smith said. “Jalen has been consistent throughout. He’s a smart player. He’s been like a sponge as far as learning. But he’s going to be around the ball. That’s what we’ve seen since OTAs. I’m excited about going forward with him and him lining up for us when Indy comes into town.”

First-round cornerback Derek Stingley Jr. is also ticketed for the starting lineup and the Texans will be hoping that the duo becomes a cornerstone for their defense in the future.
                Several in here really liked him.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I was one.

And I too would like them to do something on him and how he gets through the day(s) without football. It can be depressing being separated from your teammates that way. Yeah he goes to meetings and is on the sidelines, but it is not the same.

Comment

• Wait a minute. Don't we see this all the time? I may be missing it...

49ers’ George Odum says NFL fined him for a uniform violation he didn’t commit

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 26, 2022, 4:59 AM EDT

USA Today

The NFL fined San Francisco 49ers safety George Odum $5,305 for a uniform violation, telling him that his knee was exposed during a preseason game against the Vikings. Odum says that’s nonsense.

Odum tweeted a picture of himself with his pants properly covering his knees and his socks properly pulled up, and said despite that, the NFL is fining him.

“So I got fined 5k,” Odum wrote. “Yeah The NFL something else’s. Talking about my knees NOT covered. Where?”

Despite Odum’s photographic evidence that his knee was covered, the NFL claimed otherwise in its fine letter.

“During the San Francisco 49ers-Minnesota Vikings game on August 20, 2022, you were in violation of the NFL Uniform and Equipment Rules,” the NFL’s letter said. “Specifically, your pants failed to cover the knee area. Rule 5, Section 4, Article 3, Item (4) of the 2022 Official Playing Rules of the National Football League states that pants must be worn over the entire knee area; pants shortened or rolled up to meet the stockings above the knee are prohibited.”

So why did the NFL fine Odum despite his photographic evidence? It’s possible that in another point of the game Odum had his knee exposed. But it’s also possible that this was a case of mistaken identity: Odum’s photo shows another 49ers player standing behind him who had his knee exposed. It’s not clear in the picture who the player was, but that player might have been mistaken for Odum, and Odum might have been given a teammate’s fine.

Disgust GIF

Comment

• The league darlings? LMAO. Uh NO. He'll get away with it or get suspended for their last preseason game or some bull like that. Dude is a loose canon

Rams could have to answer for league for Aaron Donald’s helmet swinging

Posted by Mike Florio on August 25, 2022, 11:48 PM EDT

USA TODAY Sports

The NFL has no jurisdiction over players who engage in misconduct at joint practices. But the league can take action against teams that fail to properly police their players in such settings.

Per a source with knowledge of the procedures, the league could impose sanctions on the Rams, if it’s determined that the Rams had any fault in the matter, such as failing to exercise proper control over their players.

The end result would suggest that the Rams indeed fail to ensure that their players didn’t engage in over-the-top actions like the ones everyone witnessed on Thursday.

Whether the league exercises its prerogative to investigate and punish the Rams remains to be seen. But in an era of increasing sensitivity to player health and safety, how could the league ignore such a spectacle? If it’s the kind of behavior that resulted in a significant suspension for Browns defensive end Myles Garrett after he whacked Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph over the head with his own helmet during a game, how can the league do nothing when Donald did the same thing?

It’s not enough to wait for such behavior to inflict a serious injury. If that kind of thing isn’t met with some sort of reaction by the league, it will keep happening until a serious injury happens. And then the league will ensure it never happens again.

Why not make sure it never happens again before it results in a serious injury?

No, inaction can’t be an option. Although the Rams will never do anything to their most important player, the league has the power to do something to ensure the Rams do a better job of controlling their players during practice — especially when they’re practicing with players from another team.

Comment

• I saw this yesterday. This was pretty cool. RIP Len...

Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs honor Len Dawson with choir huddle

Posted by Charean Williams on August 25, 2022, 8:33 PM EDT

USA TODAY Sports

The Chiefs paid tribute to Hall of Fame quarterback Len Dawson before the first snap of Thursday night’s preseason game against the Packers. Dawson died Wednesday at 87.

Starting quarterback Patrick Mahomes went onto the field before the team’s first offensive snap with 12:38 remaining in the first quarter. The Chiefs reenacted Dawson’s legendary “choir” huddle, a precursor to the sugar huddle.

They stayed in the huddle until the play clock expired, with Mahomes shaking his teammates’ hands before leaving the field without taking a snap.

Chiefs fans gave a standing ovation, and the Packers declined the delay of game penalty.

Mahomes said on the broadcast that owner Clark Hunt and coach Andy Reid came up with the idea.

“He was part of a great group who made the Chiefs what they are today,” Mahomes said, via Jeff Rosen of the Kansas City Star.

Dawson earned induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame as a player in 1987 and received the Hall of Fame’s Pete Rozelle Radio-Television Award in 2012. Dawson started for the Chiefs in Super Bowl I against the Packers, and he was the MVP of Super Bowl IV.

The Chiefs will wear a No. 16 decal on the back of their helmets all season.

Comment

• NFL can’t punish Matt Araiza but the Bills could cut him, in theory

Posted by Mike Florio on August 25, 2022, 8:23 PM EDT

USA TODAY Sports

The allegations (and at this point they are only allegations) against Bills punter Matt Araiza are horrifying. But the NFL can do nothing about it, because the alleged incident happened before Araiza was drafted by the Bills.

“We are aware of the matter but will decline further comment at this time,” the league said in an email to PFT.

The Personal Conduct Policy does not encompass alleged misconduct occurring before a player is drafted. At most, the incident would be used against him for enhanced or expired discipline, if he violates the policy once he’s in the NFL.

That doesn’t stop the Bill from cutting him, if they choose to do it. Although Araiza and/or the NFL Player Association could make a stink about a decision to dump Araiza for reasons that would obviously be unrelated to skill, the Bills ultimately can do whatever they want to do — and they may decide that it’s better to find another punter.

Especially since the Bills open the 2022 NFL season two weeks from tonight against the Rams in L.A. And since punter likely won’t be a heavily utilized chore for the Bills this year.

Comment

• Thought so...
                            NFL has no jurisdiction over joint practices (but it should)

Posted by Mike Florio on August 25, 2022, 7:10 PM EDT

USA TODAY Sports

Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald will face no action from the NFL for his behavior during joint practices with the Bengals, but only because the NFL has no jurisdiction over joint practices.

PFT has confirmed the longstanding practice of clubs being responsible for overseeing conduct of players at practice, including joint practices.

This means that Donald will be suspended or otherwise punished only by the Rams. Which means that Donald won’t be suspended or otherwise punished.

If it were a lesser player, the Rams likely would do something. If it were a player on the roster bubble, he’d likely be cut.

But it’s Aaron Donald. Examples are made of the scrubs. Excuses are made for the stars. And there are few bigger stars currently in the NFL than Aaron Donald.

Should it be that way? No. The league should have the ability to impose punishment for conduct at joint practices. It’s strange that the league doesn’t have such authority, and it’s something the league should change immediately.

Comment

• League darlings? Jealous much?

Comment

• Free Myles Garrett!

()

Comment

Working...
                                X