Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

Then he doubled down by holding his leg and rolling a bit
    Wait, are you saying Thibs was faking it?
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
      Those sort of blocks really just need to go entirely. If you're not strong enough to square up with a guy on a block, then you need to get off the field or the coach that's putting you in a position to be trucked should be fired for his idiocy.
      On that block it is somewhat surprising and all you need to do really is position yourself and get in the way. Going low is legal but it needs to go. If you're doing it that way, your either a coward or a d!ck. You could end someone's playing career in a stupid pre-c game.

And if a coach is teaching that, or not teaching his guys to watch out for that, you need a different profession.

Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Wait, are you saying Thibs was faking it?
      No. That video you shared. If you watch the slow-mo replay at the end, it appears Moss held Thibs leg and slightly rolled it. D!ck move
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Bills trade Cody Ford to Cardinals

Posted by Josh Alper on August 22, 2022, 3:39 PM EDT

Getty Images

The Cardinals and Bills agreed to a trade on Monday.

Buffalo will send offensive lineman Cody Ford to Arizona in exchange for a 2023 fifth-round pick. Both teams have announced the deal.

Ford joined the Bills as a second-round pick in 2019. He has started 29 of the 38 games he has played with the team and has seen time at right tackle as well as both guard spots.

Justin Pugh and Will Hernandez are set to start at guard for the Cardinals while Kelvin Beachum is on top of the depth chart at right tackle. The team’s depth options have had issues with injuries, which likely explains why Ford is heading to the desert.

The Cardinals released wide receiver Marcell Ateman to clear roster space for Ford.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Giants confirm Kayvon Thibodeaux has sprained MCL, crossing fingers for quick recovery

Posted by Charean Williams on August 22, 2022, 3:33 PM EDT

USA TODAY Sports

Giants coach Brian Daboll confirmed a report that the team received good news on Kayvon Thibodeaux‘s injured right knee. The No. 5 overall draft pick has a sprained MCL.

“Fingers crossed. Hopefully, his rehab goes well,” Daboll said.

Daboll would not confirm the reported prognosis of around a three-week recovery. The Giants open with the Titans on Sept. 11, which would seem to give Thibodeaux a chance to return in Week 1.

The Giants, though, will not rush Thibodeaux’s return.

“Yeah, I’d say it’s day to day, really,” Daboll said, via video from SNY TV. “I’m not forecasting when a player can come back or not come back. I know he’ll come in and get treatment. We’ll take it day by day and when he’s ready to go out there, that’s when we’ll put him out there.”

Thibodeaux injured his knee with 11:16 remaining until halftime Sunday night on a cut block by Bengals tight end Thaddeus Moss. The cart came out to take him to the training room, but Thibodeaux waved it off and limped off the field and into the blue medical tent before heading into the training room.

He played 17 snaps against the Bengals and made one tackle.

Comment

• Panthers put Matt Corral on injured reserve

Posted by Josh Alper on August 23, 2022, 3:25 PM EDT

Getty Images

After Panthers rookie quarterback Matt Corral suffered a Lisfranc injury in last Friday’s game, word was that he would likely miss the rest of the season.

That became official on Tuesday. The Panthers placed Corral on injured reserve and going on the list ahead of the cut to 53 players eliminates the possibility that he can be activated during the regular season.

Corral was a third-round pick this year and was set to play behind Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold. P.J. Walker is now the third quarterback, but its unclear if the Panthers will holding onto him.

The Panthers also placed cornerback Duke Dawson on injured reserve and waived tight end Jared Scott to set their roster at 80 players.

Comment

• Dawson Knox back at practice after death of brother, college football player Luke Knox

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 23, 2022, 2:22 PM EDT

Getty Images

Bills tight end Dawson Knox is back at practice today, five days after taking leave following the death of his younger brother.

Luke Knox, a tight end who recently transferred from Ole Miss to Florida International University, died last week at the age of 22.

The Bills had a moment of silence to remember Luke, and Dawson Knox wrote on Twitter that he appreciated those who had reached out following Luke’s death.

“Thank you all for the outpouring of love and support for my family. Our hearts are broken but we know Luke is in a much better place now with his savior Jesus,” Knox wrote on Twitter.

A teammate found Luke Knox unresponsive in his dorm room on August 17. No cause of death has been reported. Police say there were no signs of foul play.

Comment

No. That video you shared. If you watch the slow-mo replay at the end, it appears Moss held Thibs leg and slightly rolled it. D!ck move
                Yeah I see that now. He didn’t even react to it when he seen him on the ground either. That’s pretty shitty
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Thoughts on Amazon NFL theme for Thursday night Football?

How do you embed a tweet again?

Comment

Panthers put Matt Corral on injured reserve

Posted by Josh Alper on August 23, 2022, 3:25 PM EDT

Getty Images

After Panthers rookie quarterback Matt Corral suffered a Lisfranc injury in last Friday’s game, word was that he would likely miss the rest of the season.

That became official on Tuesday. The Panthers placed Corral on injured reserve and going on the list ahead of the cut to 53 players eliminates the possibility that he can be activated during the regular season.

Corral was a third-round pick this year and was set to play behind Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold. P.J. Walker is now the third quarterback, but its unclear if the Panthers will holding onto him.

The Panthers also placed cornerback Duke Dawson on injured reserve and waived tight end Jared Scott to set their roster at 80 players.
                    Weren't people wanting the Lions to take him?
                    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post

Yeah and I was one of them. Him or Howell
                      WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post

I wouldn’t have had a problem with it. He was a good college QB
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

I wouldn’t have had a problem with it. He was a good college QB
                          So was Jamarcus Russell

Pickett has a shot

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
                            Thoughts on Amazon NFL theme for Thursday night Football?

https://twitter.com/spencersays/stat...jC8bxUpGWnKXQA

How do you embed a tweet again?
                            You have to click the bird and then after you paste the link, you have to backspace everything out up to, and including the ? mark

That song sucks. Too much like the Olympics.

Comment

• RIP Len. One of my all-time favorite broadcasters and Chief...

Len Dawson, Hall of Fame quarterback and broadcaster, dies at 87

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 24, 2022, 7:58 AM EDT
                              Getty Images

Len Dawson, who was one of the greatest quarterbacks of his era and then went on to a long and successful career as a broadcaster, has died at the age of 87.

An All-State football and basketball player at Alliance High School in Ohio, Dawson turned down a scholarship offer at Ohio State to play in a more pass-friendly offense at Purdue, where he was recruited by assistant coach Hank Stram, who later became his head coach with the Chiefs. Dawson led the Big Ten in passing yards during all three of his seasons at Purdue, and on the strength of that performance, he went to the Steelers with the fifth overall pick in the 1957 NFL draft.

But in three years with the Steelers, Dawson barely played, and they ended up trading him to the Browns — who also barely played him, for two more seasons. Through five NFL seasons, Dawson’s career looked like it was going nowhere.

In 1962, however, Dawson’s fortunes changed: Stram had become the head coach of the American Football League’s Dallas Texans (who would move to Kansas City and change their name to the Chiefs the next year), and he brought Dawson in to be his quarterback. Dawson thrived in the AFL, leading that league in touchdown passes, completion percentage, yards per attempt and passer rating in his first season, while the Texans won the AFL championship.

Dawson would continue to lead an outstanding offense with the Chiefs for more than a decade, even leading the NFL in completion percentage in his final season, 1975, at the age of 40. He retired as one of the most prolific passers in pro football history.

But while Dawson retired from playing, he wasn’t nearly done with pro football. He had actually become the sports director at KMBC-TV in Kansas City while he was still an active player, and he worked for that station for decades. In 1977 he was hired by the upstart cable channel HBO to host Inside the NFL, and he continued to host it through 2001. He also worked as an analyst on NBC, and for many years on the Chiefs’ radio broadcasts.

Dawson was voted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame as a player in 1987 and received the Hall of Fame’s Pete Rozelle Radio-Television Award in 2012. Dawson started for the Chiefs in Super Bowl I, and he was the MVP of Super Bowl IV.

Comment

• Davante Adams focusing on earning his way into the Pro Football Hall of Fame

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 24, 2022, 4:56 AM EDT

Getty Images

Raiders wide receiver Davante Adams has been a first-team All-Pro two years in a row, and that has him thinking about the legacy he’s going to leave in the game of football.

Specifically, Adams told The Pivot, he’s thinking about joining the exclusive fraternity of wide receivers in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Adams said he put the number 29 on his alarm clock to remind himself first thing every morning that he’s trying to join the 29 current receivers in the Hall of Fame.

“I want to be in the Hall,” Adams said. “There’s only 29 at my position in that, and I’ve got that on my alarm clock when I wake up.”

Adams said he doesn’t know precisely what kind of resume he’ll need to convince the Hall of Fame voters to put him in Canton, but he believes that between what he accomplished with the Packers, and what he will accomplish with the Raiders, he’ll do enough to warrant consideration.

“It’s always been a goal,” he said. “If I am where I am now, and I know I can continue to build that, I’ve got a chance.”

At age 29, Adams hasn’t done enough yet to earn enshrinement in Canton. But if he plays in Las Vegas like he played in Green Bay, he’ll get there.

Comment

Working...
                                X