NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post
    Dolphins punished by NFL for trying to win illegally.

Also, NFL looking to punish Dolphins for trying to lose illegally.
    U don't say
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      The NFL needs to do an investigation to punish any team calling a drill Up-Downs.
      It's better then my son's HS team calling them Monsters. Monsters was the running drill where you'd go 5 yards, come back. Then go 10 yards, come back. 15 yds, come back. etc...

That's down right awful (name)
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
        Noone wants that. Hard to spend your money when you have no idea what money is...
        And yet, they all agreed to extend the season to 17 games. Supposedly, nobody wanted that either, until they did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goodell View Post
          Every club is expected to make a good faith effort to win every game
          This is false. Clubs routinely take actions that massively reduce their chances to win games in the near term in order to increase their chances to win more games or more important games in the future. Note, unlike the tampering charge, this charge did not reference any existing NFL rules or regulations, just a comment from Goodell that is demonstrably false.

If the NFL truly wants to "protect the integrity of the game" then they should do it consistently, which would mean forbidding the practice of sitting starters for meaningless games at the end of the season. Or they should provide clear guidelines around what is permitted and acceptable versus what is not. Pearl clutching is not the answer.

Comment

• Like getting rid of owners like wfc who by just incompetence ruins the integrity of the game. Of course they can’t or won’t.

Comment

Watson’s base salary for the 2022 season is $1.035 million, which is broken up into 18 weekly payments of $57,500. That means he’ll forfeit $345,000 if the suspension is not changed following an appeal by either side.

Before the trade to the Browns, Watson’s contract called for him to make a $35 million salary in 2022. A six-game suspension under those terms would have cost him $11.6 million.
              Watson's agent deserves a big bonus this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post

And yet, they all agreed to extend the season to 17 games. Supposedly, nobody wanted that either, until they did.
                It was a fight. And they eliminated a Pre-C game too. 20 games? Nah I expect it to get to an even 18 with 1 or 2 pre-C games, but teams and coaches aren't going to sign up for 20 reg season games. There would be no one but street level players by the end of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post

This is false. Clubs routinely take actions that massively reduce their chances to win games in the near term in order to increase their chances to win more games or more important games in the future. Note, unlike the tampering charge, this charge did not reference any existing NFL rules or regulations, just a comment from Goodell that is demonstrably false.

If the NFL truly wants to "protect the integrity of the game" then they should do it consistently, which would mean forbidding the practice of sitting starters for meaningless games at the end of the season. Or they should provide clear guidelines around what is permitted and acceptable versus what is not. Pearl clutching is not the answer.
                  Yeah. I agree. You have to check the wind to decide if he's just spinning.

Like when he said the owners and FO/Coaches will be held to a higher standard. Yeah right. "Baby Daddy" Jones and "Happy Ending" Kraft got how many games suspensions?

Comment

• The problem for this tanking has always been the existence of a draft. Eliminate the draft and you eliminate the main incentive to tank. The draft exists in all sports to depress salaries and they have successfully dressed it up as a competitive balance issue.

Comment

It was a fight. And they eliminated a Pre-C game too. 20 games? Nah I expect it to get to an even 18 with 1 or 2 pre-C games, but teams and coaches aren't going to sign up for 20 reg season games. There would be no one but street level players by the end of the season.
                      20 was an exaggeration for effect. The point is, why would they ever even entertain the idea of increasing the number of games from 16 if they were serious about reducing concussions and CTE?

Comment

• True.

I think it is more of a result from the NFL charging (and making) season holders to pay full price for pre-c games. It's easier to get fans to buy in when they aren't paying for 4 games of scrubs.

And no, they don't care about the player's long-term health. But that isn't unusual for most businesses. Most will say safety first. Few will.

The same goes for this lock step of the military and anthem. You don't have to go back that far to when the anthem was played before players came out. I remember in HS of standing for the anthem in the locker room. Lol. If you spoke during it you had to run laps at the next practice.

And they CHARGE us tax payers for the fly overs and other military shows. The NFL is something else.

Comment

• I still can’t believe they charge season tickets holders full price for pre c games. That’s absolutely ludicrous. Such a baddddd business principle
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Is it no wonder they want to change those games to reg season games?

I mean, the sun would turn dark and He!l would freeze over before they admitted it was wrong to charge hard working Americans to see guys who will be bagging groceries in a couple of weeks.

If they cared, they coud still go to 18. With 2 bye weeks AND a requirement that no player can play more then 16 games. THAT would be interesting.

Comment

• Kyle Hamilton made an early exit from Wednesday’s practice

Posted by Josh Alper on August 4, 2022, 7:39 AM EDT

USA Today Sports

Ravens first-round safety Kyle Hamilton didn’t make it through all of Wednesday’s practice.

Jeff Zrebiec of TheAthletic.com reports that Hamilton struggled to get up after diving to break up a pass during a drill. He finally got up and moved slowly to the sideline for medical attention. Hamilton returned for one play, pulled up during it and then went back to the locker room for the remainder of the practice session.

Defensive coordinator Mike Macdonald referred questions about Hamilton’s status to head coach John Harbaugh, who did not speak to reporters on Wednesday.

Hamilton has also dealt with an ankle issue this summer, but it has not kept him from practicing at any point. We’ll see if Wednesday’s issue leads to any missed time for the rookie.

Comment

• Reports: NFL seeking indefinite suspension of at least one year for Deshaun Watson

Posted by Charean Williams on August 3, 2022, 5:20 PM EDT

Getty Images

The NFL announced Wednesday that it was appealing the six-game suspension of Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson, seeking a tougher penalty under the league’s Personal Conduct Policy.

Now comes word, via multiple reports, that the league wants an indefinite suspension of at least a year for Watson as well as a fine. Under the six-game suspension imposed by disciplinary officer Sue L. Robinson on Monday, Watson stood to lose $345,000 from the $230 million deal he signed with the Browns.

The NFL’s decision to appeal could prompt the sides to resume settlement talks, which previously went nowhere. The NFLPA, working with Watson’s camp, wasn’t willing to accept more than 6-8 games. The league would agree to 12 games plus a fine in the range of $8 million.

The NFL has not yet announced whether commissioner Roger Goodell or a designee will hear and decide the appeal.

Comment

Working...
                                X