No announcement yet.

NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think this team has 6 wins in them but that schedule looks pretty easy compared to the last few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      I think this team has 6 wins in them but that schedule looks pretty easy compared to the last few years.
      How so?

I mean how does it look easy

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
        The Lions have zero prime time games this season

The fucking packers have 6
        And A A Ron is scheduled to have 11 phantom facemasks called for him.
        Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• I think the start is pretty easy with Philly and WFT at home, Seattle at home in Week 4. Their first 5 home games are winnable. Having the NFC east and AFC East on the schedule seems to be a huge break.

Comment

• What I am looking for out of this season is that they have a puncher's chance any given week. I'm still not quite at a place where I need to see a specific number of wins, simply because (and Froot's not wrong on this), they need more talent all across the roster.

Comment

• I'm looking towards the second full season of the legendary Wayne Fontes, it felt like they were a better team but it didn't show up in the record book. By his third season they were ready to go.

Comment

• Wayne’s 2nd season looked like it was going to be awesome. Barry had the great rookie year, I think they finished that season 7-4 after starting 0-5, they just drafted another Heisman winner (as a kid it sounded like a great idea), and they went 4-0 in the preseason. Then reality set in. The losses to Washington and KC were exquisitely brutal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                  Wayne’s 2nd season looked like it was going to be awesome. Barry had the great rookie year, I think they finished that season 7-4 after starting 0-5, they just drafted another Heisman winner (as a kid it sounded like a great idea), and they went 4-0 in the preseason. Then reality set in. The losses to Washington and KC were exquisitely brutal.
                  What hurt Wayne's teams was 3 things: The defense wasn't close enough to Super Bowl caliber, Wayne always changed his coaches it seemed like every season (If I remember correctly, we even had Tom Moore before he went to Indy and helped out Peyton Manning,) and he never had a Quarterback that could take the team by the horns and win in a tough place like Green Bay, San Francisco, etc.

I always wondered what Matt Stafford would've done with those Lions teams that had Barry Sanders, Herman Moore, Perriman, etc. instead of the coaching and player instability he put up with for 12 seasons in reality.
                  Last edited by whatever_gong82; May 12, 2022, 11:40 PM.
                  "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                  My friend Ken L

Comment

I think the start is pretty easy with Philly and WFT at home, Seattle at home in Week 4. Their first 5 home games are winnable. Having the NFC east and AFC East on the schedule seems to be a huge break.
                    We will be favored in none of those games. Call whatever games winnable you want but all of those teams are seeing the Lions game as a win. We are likely to be favored against Chicago, Jacksonville, and maybe Minny at home. That is it.

Comment

• I’m with Froot on the schedule…it’s not daunting. Carolina, both NY teams, the Seahawks at home (with Lock as their signal caller), the dolphins, the jags, and the bears are shitty enough I believe in both games.

I know I’m a homer/optimist…and I don’t want to get crazy, but if Goff plays well there’s 10 wins on that schedule. The lions currently have a plus offense and Aaron Glenn had that D fighting way above their weight class.

Crazy…I know…but if Goff can play like a former #1 pick, game 17 in GB is going to be a meaningful game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post
                        I’m with Froot on the schedule…it’s not daunting. Carolina, both NY teams, the Seahawks at home (with Lock as their signal caller), the dolphins, the jags, and the bears are shitty enough I believe in both games.

I know I’m a homer/optimist…and I don’t want to get crazy, but if Goff plays well there’s 10 wins on that schedule. The lions currently have a plus offense and Aaron Glenn had that D fighting way above their weight class.

Crazy…I know…but if Goff can play like a former #1 pick, game 17 in GB is going to be a meaningful game.
                        Great post Nick. Anytime someone agrees with me, they are doing something right. Although you might be getting over your skis with the 10 win ceiling. I look at the talent and I think 6 wins, but I see the schedule and I think more is possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post

About as meaningful as a Tigers game in September IMO. Weren't they going to challenge for the playoffs this year?

Comment

I think the start is pretty easy with Philly and WFT at home, Seattle at home in Week 4. Their first 5 home games are winnable. Having the NFC east and AFC East on the schedule seems to be a huge break.
                            IDK man. They played their az off in every game last year, except against Philly. 44-6 I believe it was. I vividly remember them running the ball down our throats and we had no answer. AND they had a lot of fun coupons and got AJ Brown. That is no easy game. They're the best team in that division.
                            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Great post Nick. Anytime someone agrees with me, they are doing something right. Although you might be getting over your skis with the 10 win ceiling. I look at the talent and I think 6 wins, but I see the schedule and I think more is possible.

Check my tagline!

Their schedule(s) got easier because they play each other. Ha!
                              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• FFS the strength of schedule nonsense is really hyping some of you up.

Not one single team on that list is the same team as last year. Last years records do not matter this year. Every single year the sos comes out and every single year by the end of the year it is completely different.

Want to know why some teams look like they had softer schedules? It is because they win. When you win, your opponents have more losses. When you lose your opponents get wins. The Jags and Bears are the only seemingly easy wins on our calendar this year. And the Jags took as many steps in the off season as the Lions.

Comment

Working...
                                X