X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steelers claim Miles Boykin off waivers

Posted by Myles Simmons on April 19, 2022, 4:48 PM EDT

Getty Images

Miles Boykin will be sticking around the AFC North.

Per Mike Garafolo of NFL Media, the Steelers have claimed Boykin off waivers after he was cut by the Ravens on Monday.

Boykin spent his first three seasons with Baltimore. The organization selected him in the third round of the 2019 draft. The Ravens were trying to trade him in recent weeks but could not find a partner.

While Boykin appeared in all 16 games in each of his first two seasons, Boykin played only eight in 2021 — in part due to injury. He was on the field for just 35 offensive snaps but 144 special teams snaps. Boykin caught just one 6-yard pass in 2021. He had 19 receptions for 266 yards with four touchdowns in 2020.

In 40 games with 24 starts, Boykin has caught 33 passes for 470 yards with seven TDs.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Justin Fields working to take fewer sacks in 2022

Posted by Myles Simmons on April 19, 2022, 2:09 PM EDT

Getty Images

As a rookie, Bears quarterback Justin Fields struggled with taking sacks.

Fields had the league’s highest sack rate among qualified passers by a significant margin. He was sacked 36 times, getting taken down on 11.8 percent of his dropbacks. Jets rookie Zach Wilson had the second-highest rate at 10.3 percent. Though Joe Burrow was sacked a league-high 50 times, his rate was 8.9 percent.

So, learning to get rid of the ball faster is a priority for Fields as he heads into his second season. His new head coach, Matt Eberflus, has talked about that since he was hired in January. At the start of the offseason program on Tuesday, Fields discussed it, too.

“There’s stuff in the film last year where you could see that, of course, there were some instances where it was my fault that I got sacked,” Fields said, via Courtney Cronin of ESPN. “At the end of the day, it just comes to limiting those mistakes and getting the ball out and not taking those sacks.”

One element of his game that Fields has already been working on is changing the foot he uses on his dropbacks from shotgun.

“Last year I had my right foot forward in the gun so I’ve been working a lot on having my left foot forward in the gun,” Fields said.

Whether or not that helps Fields get rid of the ball faster remains to be seen. But because taking fewer sacks is an offseason area of focus, Fields should be in a better spot to handle pressure when it comes in 2022.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• DEEBO SAMUELWR, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
        ESPN's Adam Schefter said Deebo Samuel "wants to move on" from the 49ers.

Schefter would go on to say the 49ers want to get a deal done but Samuel "has put a halt to everything for right now." Samuel pulled the 49ers' logo from his social media pages and is skipping San Francisco's voluntary offseason program. Entering the final year of his rookie deal, the star wideout and prolific part-time running back is looking to be the next player at his position to get a massive payday. Coming off a campaign that featured 1,770 yards from scrimmage and 14 scores, it's easy to see why he wants a new contract. Though Samuel may be disgruntled with his situation at the moment, the most likely outcome remains him suiting up for the 49ers in 2022.

Get an Edge: Check out our rankings, projections, start/sit tool, trade analyzer and more with our Season Tools to help you navigate the 2022 season, which you can get with EDGE⁺ for just $9.99/month or save 20% on an annual subscription ($95.88).
        SOURCE: Akash Anavarathan on Twitter
        Apr 19, 2022, 6:57 PM

Comment

• SEAN PAYTONHC, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
          Former Saints coach Sean Payton said he would have stayed with New Orleans if he wanted to coach in 2022.

Peyton also denied any knowledge of the highly speculative rumors that had him and Tom Brady joining up in Miami. Though this won't be the last time Peyton is asked about a return to coaching, but he will certainly be sitting out the 2022 season. Shortly after retiring, Peyton began negotiating terms for him to become an analyst with FOX Sports. Expect at least a season of Peyton on the media side of football before he considers donning the headset again.

RELATED:
          SOURCE: Mike Triplett on Twitter
          Apr 19, 2022, 6:21 PM

Comment

• Schefter has become a purveyor of crap the last few years. He was sort of positioned as the Woj of the NFL, and broke a lot of stories. Now he seems to try to hard to make a story out of nothing. He's really become a guy I just sort of blow off now until somebody else corroborates anything he says.

Comment

• It's lying season. But what exasperates this now is the rush to get something out in the 24 hr news cycle and get those clicks. None of these guys check their sources or confirm. They throw out speculation in a form that's arguable but, again, draws the most clicks. I just don't feel like I can trust any of them, unless they say specifically they have personally watched these guy's film. All their film. Not just highlight reels. Or film from 1 year. My fat az watches the crap in my past time. They can't do it with making money for doing it?

A lot of the writers for PFF make their determinations on what they see on film. Not just piggy backing someone else.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2022-...ds-in-carolina

2022 NFL Mock Draft: New York Jets select Ahmad Gardner, Kenny Pickett lands in Carolina

2. DETROIT LIONS: EDGE KAYVON THIBODEAUX, OREGON

PFF MOCK DRAFT SIMULATOR Pick Grade: A-

I think the hype surrounding Walker is real, but any time I go back to the tape, I see a phenomenally good pass-rusher in Thibodeaux, who seems to be the target of a negativity campaign as the draft approaches. He possesses elite burst and twitchiness at the position and can win in a variety of different ways. Thibodeaux posted a 92.0 pass-rush grade against true pass sets this past season and a pass-rush win rate that doubled Walker's mark. We’re overthinking things right now, but the Lions won’t when they pick.
              I know. But this is why. I keep trying to find the issue people have and yes he's not perfect and you can see some games late that there doesn't seem to be the same steam as earlier in the season before he got hurt. But I watched the rest of Hutch last weekend and I again question why. Watch the MSU game and you see the effort is just like KT's. Questionable. He got the KT treatment (that KT got all season) against Georgia and the Blue cry he was held that game and you can't count that against him. That's different they say about everyone's safest bet. IDK. I would love to know where all this sprang from and why.

32. DETROIT LIONS (VIA LAR): WR TREYLON BURKS, ARKANSAS

PFF Mock Draft Simulator Pick Grade: B+

Burks is a confusing prospect. His workout numbers were average — even adjusting for his size — but his tape shows a consistently explosive playmaker who could have been even more productive with better quarterback play. His college role was a big departure from a conventional NFL receiver, and any team drafting him will need to have a plan to develop that, but the Lions can afford to take a chance on somebody who has that kind of upside to see what they can make of him.
              Last edited by Futureshock; April 20, 2022, 08:33 AM.

Comment

• Ok, so looks like Schefter was right on this one 😁

Star wide receiver Deebo Samuel told ESPN's Jeff Darlington that he has asked the San Francisco 49ers to trade him.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...9ers-trade-him
                Last edited by Mainevent; April 20, 2022, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• and RapSheet actually mentions the Lions. So you’re telling me there’s a chance.
                  My favorite is Field Yates’ Tweet about teams that should be interested in trading for Deebo Samuel. It’s a graphic of the 31 other teams… because duh!

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Samuel would be an AMAZING get for the Lions... presuming that they'd be able and willing to win that bidding war.

Comment

• They’ll want multiple firsts right?
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                        It's lying season. But what exasperates this now is the rush to get something out in the 24 hr news cycle and get those clicks. None of these guys check their sources or confirm. They throw out speculation in a form that's arguable but, again, draws the most clicks. I just don't feel like I can trust any of them, unless they say specifically they have personally watched these guy's film.
                        It sure sounds like the COVID news that’s been reported the last few years. I agree with you bro!
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                          They’ll want multiple firsts right?
                          Probably. Start with the Hill deal as a a baseline and increase from there. Here's what Hill cost:

- 2022 first-round pick (No. 29)
                          - 2022 second-round pick (No. 50)
                          - 2022 fourth-round pick,
                          - 2023 fourth and sixth-round picks
                          Last edited by Mainevent; April 20, 2022, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• Samuel is incredible, but I don't see him having a very long career. He takes a beating on purpose
                            WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• That could be part of why he wants out, maybe he doesn't want to be RB/WR and take those beatings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                                That could be part of why he wants out, maybe he doesn't want to be RB/WR and take those beatings.
                                Maybe, but that's a huge part of his allure
                                WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

Working...
                                X