No announcement yet.

NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We aren't posting our opinions on the matter, there are reports that state differently. You can go to Google and find them, it's not that hard.

Comment

• BB said that Patricia is a fantastic coach and that he's now going to have a role with the offense. LOL

Hopefully its the water boy because he's terrible.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        We aren't posting our opinions on the matter, there are reports that state differently. You can go to Google and find them, it's not that hard.
        Hearsay.

It's not like it doesn't happen every year.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I'm sure LaFleur is just out there pouring his heart out. There's no agenda or framing of the deal that sent their mega star WR out of town. Coaches always just spit the truth.

Comment

• Why would they take the hit from the fans for something that wasn't their fault? That makes no sense.
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
              I'm sure LaFleur is just out there pouring his heart out. There's no agenda or framing of the deal that sent their mega star WR out of town. Coaches always just spit the truth.
              Reminds me of the old "sarchasm" bit from forum years past.

Comment

• It's not the Packers fault, it's the salary cap. (Except it wasn't.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

Hearsay.

It's not like it doesn't happen every year.
                  When Adams' agents tell the NFL Network that the Packers offered a more lucrative offer, it isn't hearsay, they are the agents!

Comment

• Okay

Comment

• Jerry Jones contends that he and the Cowboys are the subject of extortion attempts

Posted by Mike Florio on March 28, 2022, 10:22 PM EDT

Getty Images

Popcorn. Ready.

The recent paternity suit filed against Cowboys owner Jerry Jones by a 25-year-old congressional aide has sparked a claim by Jones that Alexandra Davis is involved in “multiple monetary extortion attempts.”

And the extortion attempts potentially involve, in the opinion of Jones, the ex-husband of Jones’s daughter, Charlotte Jones Anderson.

As to the paternity lawsuit, Don Van Natta of ESPN.com reports that Jones has accused Davis of delivering a draft of the complaint before filing it, asking whether he would like to “make a deal” that would keep the issue secret. Civil lawsuits often are preceded by efforts to settle the case that include providing a draft of the complaint; it’s not extortion to make that effort.

Things get more interesting with respect to a March 10 sent by Cowboys lawyers to Shy Anderson, Charlotte’s former spouse. The letter, via Van Natta, instructs Anderson to preserve documents that would potentially prove a conspiracy among himself and others, potentially including some of his lawyers. The letter mentions the Cowboys cheerleader voyeurism scandal, news of which emerged last month, and it asks Anderson to preserve all communications with Vincent Thompson, a former Cowboys executive.

In Van Natta’s latest article, he identifies Thompson as the person who provided the initial tip that led to the February 16 story exposing the cheerleader scandal. The incident happened six years after Thompson left the team, and Thompson insists he did not hear about the incident from Shy Anderson.

Andrew A. Bergman, a lawyer who represents Alexandra Davis, provided a statement to Van Natta.

“I would challenge Jerry Jones to put up any evidence that anyone demanded any money, period,” Bergman said. “It’s a shame that Jerry Jones wants to further damage his own daughter by now claiming she is extorting him. I challenge them to put up any evidence that supports either one of these defamatory and false claims.”

At the league meetings occurring this week in Florida, Jones declined to address the Davis lawsuit. He called it a “personal issue.”

It becomes something more than a personal issue if/when Jones claims that someone is extorting both him and the team. If, as Jones’s lawyers indicate, more litigation is coming, more details will emerge — and more allegations will be made.

Comment

• Vikings sign Nate Hairston, Tye Smith

Posted by Josh Alper on March 28, 2022, 5:42 PM EDT

Getty Images

The Vikings added a pair of cornerbacks to their roster on Monday.

Nate Hairston agreed to a contract with the team after a visit earlier in the day and the team also re-signed Tye Smith. Guard Jesse Davis signed with the team in their non-cornerback roster move of the day.

Hairston was a 2017 fifth-round pick of the Colts who spent two years in Indianapolis before moving on to the Jets in 2019. He played 13 games for the Jets and then landed with the Broncos during the 2020 season. He played 16 games and made one start for Denver last season.

Hairston has 104 tackles, two interceptions, two sacks, and 13 passes defensed in 59 career games.

Smith was elevated from the practice squad five times during the 2021 season. He had six tackles in those appearances.

Comment

• Report: Kevin Burkhardt takes over for Joe Buck as No. 1 play-by-play announcer at Fox

Posted by Mike Florio on March 28, 2022, 1:44 PM EDT

Getty Images

With the top NFL play-by-play announcer at Fox Sports moving on to ESPN, Fox is saying what a football team would.

Next man up.

Kevin Burkhardt, the No. 2 NFL play-by-play announcer at FOX, will become the successor to Joe Buck, according to Andrew Marchand of the New York Post.

The move means that Burkhardt will call two of the next three Super Bowls, since Fox has two of the next three NFL championship games.

Fox has yet to name an analyst to replace Troy Aikman. Burkhardt paired in 2021 with Greg Olsen, who had retired from football after the 2020 season. Olsen becomes an obvious candidate to take the next step.

But Fox has explored other candidates. Per Marchand, Fox made overtures to Tom Brady, before he ended his brief retirement. Former Fox analyst John Lynch also has been mentioned as a potential candidate, if he’d be willing to leave his current gig as G.M. of the 49ers.

Comment

• New Vikings head coach: I guess I should thank the Detroit Lions for trading me after 5 days in 2009

Updated: Mar. 29, 2022, 11:26 a.m. | Published: Mar. 29, 2022, 11:09 a.m.

Comment

• Owners approve overtime rule change for the postseason

Posted by Charean Williams on March 29, 2022, 12:42 PM EDT

Getty Images

NFL owners approved a proposal to change its overtime rules for the postseason. Both teams now will be guaranteed a possession in overtime in the playoffs before the game becomes sudden death.

The Chiefs’ thrilling 42-36 overtime victory over the Bills in the divisional round reignited the debate about the league’s overtime rules. The Chiefs scored a touchdown on the first possession of overtime to deny Josh Allen and the Bills from seeing the ball in the extra period.

Under the new rules, the Bills would have gotten a possession after the Chiefs either tried a PAT or a two-point conversion.

Owners considered two proposals Tuesday.

The Titans’ proposal allowed for the team with the first possession in overtime to win only with a touchdown and a successful two-point conversion. The Colts and Eagles’ proposal, guaranteeing a possession for each team, is the one that passed.

So it seems that the team that wins the coin toss in overtime may choose to kick, rather than receive, so that it knows exactly what it needs for a tie and what it needs for a win.

Comment

• I seriously doubt teams will start kicking away to start OT.

Comment

Working...
                                X