No announcement yet.

NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle, NOLA or Carolina will make a play for Baker.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Or the Steelers. I know they just signed Mitch Trubisky but he’d look good there.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Matt Ryan for a 3rd rounder. Not a bad trade for Ryan considering they got more for Wentz (who sucks)
        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Matt Ryan for a 3rd is a major WTF. What, because he's old? If the Bucs went insane and wanted to trade Brady, teams would line up to throw away multiple 1st's for potentially just one year of Brady.
          "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
          Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Ryan is not Tom Brady. He's old, beat up and has no mobility at all. They're lucky to get a third for him
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
              Ryan is not Tom Brady. He's old, beat up and has no mobility at all. They're lucky to get a third for him
              If we needed a QB I’d rather give up a 3rd for Ryan than several 2nd rounders for Wentz.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I don't think it matters that much, WFT is convinced they can get Wentz to thrive. The odds are not great for that but if that happens he could be a longer term solution. Ryan is a short term solution, they might be trading away picks next year for the next short term solution.

Comment

• Starting to think there’s a possibility Mayfield is released. The trade compensation should be minimal at the very least.
                  Hardly any demand left. Maybe Seattle or Carolina? They’re not going to be in a bidding war for Mayfield.

I will guess Mayfield is traded for the same compensation as Ryan. 3rd RD pick. Though it’s tempting to say day 3 draft pick…
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                    Green Bay has been the standard for one reason only; Aaron Rodgers papering over the fact that Green Bay's drafting is as completely unremarkable and prone to blind luck as anyone else.
                    GB and NE believe in quantity over quality. Look up how many WRs they've drafted since Adams. Look at how many CBs they've drafted in the last 5 years. They approach a need by flooding drafted players there. Sounds like a good idea in theory, but in reality it stymies the growth of all the players at that position. Wash-rinse-repeat. So I fully expect the Peckers to draft a WR at the Raiders pick and at theirs.
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Agreed about it being a very short term solution but it’s the move they needed years ago. Once Luck retired they’ve been scrambling wasting away a really good team.

They screwed the pooch in getting cheap and not offering a lid for Stafford. They’re stupid for that one
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Rams were ahead of the game in terms of what they were willing to give up. At the time the Rams were made fun of for how much they gave up by some analysts. The Colts were being pennywise, pound foolish. But so was the rest of the league, the trade was so brilliant for the Rams it's looks like a no brainer now, but it wasn't at the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

I think you can have a guy who is bad like Quinn, but over time it's very hard to pinpoint a GM that consistently drafts better than the field. New England has 6 super bowls and their guy has consistently puzzling drafts.. It's a crapshoot. I mean the Raiders had one of the guys who made his name in draft analysis.
                          No it's not. BAL, PIT, BUF, etc... It is not a crap shoot. It is life. Take 1 week as a hiring manager and you'll understand that there are certain things you learn to look for. You also start to smell lies and deception better. But the best thing that these teams have is the tape. Then it gets down to what is their personal life like?

Also, people never take into account the environment the player goes to. It happens without fail consistently in drafts. You say to yourself, "why did they draft that position they are already good there?" And the player, or the other player(s) growth is stymied. Then yahoos rein down on the player saying he's a bust. If he was drafted high enough he'll get a shot elsewhere. If it is where he can flourish, he does (if he isn't broken by then).

i.e. Arden Key. He was terrible with the Raiders because their system and environment was toxic for him. He goes to SF where he's used properly for his game and voila he is hot now.

It is work that most teams and players don't really want to do. If you treat your players like they matter and you mentor and train them up, I think you hedge your bets.

Lastly, a lot, like most, people don't even watch a video of a player and just parrot what other people are parroting. There's no way a thousand people have 75% of the same picks if they are only looking at their own info.

It's not a crap shoot. It is life. Through the best laid plans of mice and men, life gets in the way.
                          Last edited by Futureshock; March 22, 2022, 08:27 AM.
                          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• As far as Mayock, he was screwed up by Gruden's tinkering and bs. Almost every bad pick has Gruden's finger prints all over them.

Comment

• I heard something similar. Gruden only caring about the Raiders 1st RD picks. There’s a reason those picks were mostly reaches and underwhelming products in the NFL.
                              Mayock hitting on several gems in the later rounds when he had control.

I hope Mayock comes back to the NFL media in the future. He’s better than most of the media draft experts.
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

No it's not. BAL, PIT, BUF, etc... It is not a crap shoot. It is life. Take 1 week as a hiring manager and you'll understand that there are certain things you learn to look for. You also start to smell lies and deception better. But the best thing that these teams have is the tape. Then it gets down to what is their personal life like?

Also, people never take into account the environment the player goes to. It happens without fail consistently in drafts. You say to yourself, "why did they draft that position they are already good there?" And the player, or the other player(s) growth is stymied. Then yahoos rein down on the player saying he's a bust. If he was drafted high enough he'll get a shot elsewhere. If it is where he can flourish, he does (if he isn't broken by then).

i.e. Arden Key. He was terrible with the Raiders because their system and environment was toxic for him. He goes to SF where he's used properly for his game and voila he is hot now.

It is work that most teams and players don't really want to do. If you treat your players like they matter and you mentor and train them up, I think you hedge your bets.

Lastly, a lot, like most, people don't even watch a video of a player and just parrot what other people are parroting. There's no way a thousand people have 75% of the same picks if they are only looking at their own info.

It's not a crap shoot. It is life. Through the best laid plans of mice and men, life gets in the way.
                                Eh, I bet if you start paring down the drafts of those teams, their boom/bust rate isn't going to be measurably higher than your average team.

It's not that you are wrong; it's not purely a crap shoot. But there's a lot of elements of luck involved in what makes a "good" or "great" draft that you don't seem to want to acknowledge either. If for no reason that there's no guarantee [x] guy will be at [y] pick outside of #1 overall, blind luck plays a factor.

Comment

Working...
                                X