No announcement yet.

NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeing some rumors about Watson to Atlanta.

I wonder what happens to Ryan if that happens. Indianapolis? Cleveland? Seattle?

Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post
    Yeah….as much as I think Mayfield is kind of an asshat….badmouthing the old QB before the new one is in the fold…not the best idea.
    Browns did a poor job handling it.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Watson needs to be far away from the Atlanta clubs.

Comment

• Watson is a better QB than Mayfield. Imagine being Mayfield though and playing through those injuries for the team last year. I wouldn't want to be there anymore either.

Comment

• History will judge whether the Raiders’ trade for receiver Davante Adams becomes one of the biggest steals in NFL history. It clearly looks like it could.The Raiders gave up only two draft choices to get Adams, who has earned first-team All-Pro each of the past two seasons. According to multiple reports, the Packers will get [more]

Comment

• Damn, crazy. So much action in the NFL in the last 9 days.
            AFC West is insane. What’s next, Chiefs trade for Christian McCaffrey or something?
            Packers are obviously going to target a WR in the draft. Wonder if it’s worth it for the Lions to trade up to #21 if they love a WR…

I was wrong about Watson to Carolina. Seems like this is Watson picking his next team.

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I can’t believe they traded Adams, and i can’t believe the Raiders gave up that much for him. The dude is pushing 30
              and they’re not a WR away from anything.

That trade is dumb as f.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The Raiders were pretty good last year and they needed a stud receiver. If you are a 10-7 team that made the playoffs, you should be going for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  The Raiders were pretty good last year and they needed a stud receiver. If you are a 10-7 team that made the playoffs, you should be going for it.
                  But Froot! They're irresponsibly spending money that isn't mine and that offends all my sensibilities!

Comment

• What was irresponsible is the Lions didn't strike while the iron was hot with Caldwell. And worse when they fired Caldwell they brought in an ogre who didn't realize they needed to emphasize their best weapon in Stafford and instead made a hill.

David Carr is the same age as Stafford was when they stupidly hired Patricia. The Raiders aren't making the same mistake. They may not have the greatest team, but they might not get a better QB than Carr so you have take risks.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                      I can’t believe they traded Adams, and i can’t believe the Raiders gave up that much for him. The dude is pushing 30
                      and they’re not a WR away from anything.

That trade is dumb as f.
                      Adams has still been the best receiver in the league and has a few prime years left. Plus he and Derek Carr are college teammates and great friends.

Comment

• If Adams puts up two All Pro seasons, what are the chances they get 1 of those type seasons with the picks they traded away? The biggest inefficiency in the NFL that can be exploited is trading draft picks for established pros.

Comment

• The Raiders are missing out on one of the benefits of that though. Normally the strategy gets you a star player at a reduced cap number for the remainder of their deal.

This isnt anything new though. Just newer to the NFL. Teams have been successfully using that strategy for years in the other big sports. The NFL has long overvalued draft picks.

Comment

• I'm sure that's a benefit, but the benefit is overrated in my opinion. Most of the trades where you trade picks for players involves high priced players. If you can trade picks for a ayer in the middle of a rookie contract, more power to you but I don't remember many of those trades.

Comment

• Adams is a great WR but at his age and contract I can’t believe they got a 1st and a 2nd for him.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Look at the draft picks they got for Mack and Cooper, none of those picks panned out. Fans want to believe that the 1st or 2nd round picks are the new pro bowlers, but most of the time they are JAGS or busts. Again, Derek Carr is 30 years old and they desperately needed a receiver.

Comment

Working...
                                X