No announcement yet.

NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That’s pure fact. I have several Elway stories myself. He was a great QB but man he carried substance abuse to a new level around town like a badge of honor.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
      That’s pure fact. I have several Elway stories myself. He was a great QB but man he carried substance abuse to a new level around town like a badge of honor.
      Tell me more?

Blow? We know he drinks like a fish.

Comment

• It was pretty common knowledge during Elway's playing days that the only time you could be reasonably sure he was sober was Sunday afternoon.

And even THAT wasn't a hard and fast rule.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure Elway's defense is going to be...."it wasn't racist because I was drunk at all of the interviews"
          Last edited by Nick Pappageorgio; February 3, 2022, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• That would honestly be more believable than any excuse the Broncos eventually offer.

Comment

• Ross and Elway have both responded and used the term “defamatory” in those statements.

Shit is about to get real….and nobody is going to win (except the lawyers). The best thing everyone could do right now is for the NFL to get with Flores and figure out how to push the pin back in the grenade.

From an NFL perspective they don’t want the dirty laundry out there….from Flores’ perspective this lawsuit is extremely difficult to prove/win. Plus he’s going to be looking at least 2 defamation suits (and given the scorched-earth nature of the brief….probably more).

I can certainly understand Flores’ frustration. He got fired for doing his job correctly….but in my experience rich bosses don’t want it done correctly, they want it done their way. But unless he’s completely done with the game of pro football…I don’t get the play here. He’s a good coach who got a raw deal…I feel like the NFL could recognize this and broker a deal (Saints…I’m looking at you here) where a good coach keeps coaching and they don’t have to have a nasty public argument that no one will win…

I’m thinking it’s in everyone’s best interest… to try to hug this out before going to the mattresses.

Comment

• Congress is already talking to the Redskins employees. The tanking thing is illegal as well. You could get a full congressional investigation on this.

Comment

• The Rooney Rule is 20 years old and there is one head coach in the league that is African American and he coaches the team owned by a Rooney. You might not like the play, but if Flores thinks he has already had two sham interviews, it's pretty likely he figures he is never getting a head coaching job again. Again, you might not like the play, but what is the alternative play? His lawsuit might be a suicide mission on his career but 20 years after the Rooney Rule, Josh McCown is thought of as the leading candidate for the Texan job. He's never been a coach.

Comment

• Leftwich pulling himself out of the running for the Jags job. So 4 jobs filled by white dudes in O’Connel, Daboll, McDaniels and Eberflus. 4 jobs still pending - Jags, Saints, Texans and Miami - two of whom just fired black coaches.

Comment

• There was a report a week or so back that the Texans were hoping some other team would interview McCown so it's make the hiring seem plausible. In what world would he be the most qualified candidate? You are pretty much saying, prior experience is not relevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        The Rooney Rule is 20 years old and there is one head coach in the league that is African American and he coaches the team owned by a Rooney. You might not like the play, but if Flores thinks he has already had two sham interviews, it's pretty likely he figures he is never getting a head coaching job again. Again, you might not like the play, but what is the alternative play? His lawsuit might be a suicide mission on his career but 20 years after the Rooney Rule, Josh McCown is thought of as the leading candidate for the Texan job. He's never been a coach.
                        A solution would be to do away with the Rooney Rule. It clearly causes hard feelings - and why wouldn't it. People are getting interviewed who are not in the running for the job. Why is having a black coach different than having a black left tackle? Just hire the best person for the job. Next thing you know, the NFL will be requiring all teams to spend at least one draft pick on a black female so they can address the gender and race inequities at the same time. Quotas never work.

Comment

• Yes Josh McCown is clearly the most qualified. So was Matt Patricia.

Comment

• Just to give context on the Giants hiring the most qualified candidate like Da Geezer alleges. They hired Daboll, prior to him they correctly identified the best available candidates in Joe Judge, Ben MacAdoo and Pat Schurmur.

Comment

• Didn’t Watson want to play for Flores in Miami? The Texans should hire Flores.

Comment

• Flores is a finalist, but Josh McCown is the favorite. His main qualification is being an evangelical Christian.
                                The Texans interviewed long-time NFL quarterback Josh McCown for the head-coaching job a year ago, despite the fact that McCown has no experience coaching college or pro football, in any capacity. They’ve interviewed him again this year, despite the fact that (checks notes) McCown still has no experience coaching college or pro football, in any [more]

Comment

Working...
                                X