Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure Nick

Comment

• Sorry Froot…and excuse me for parading all over your high moral ground here.

but an NFL “investigation” is as about as legitimate as one done by the church of Scientology. The results will be self serving and the details will be kept confidential….until/unless the NFL (or Scientology) wants to use that information to embarrass people or otherwise control/manipulate a narrative.

Comment

• Sure Nick

Comment

• I’m not sure of the backstory to this banter but he’s not far off. The NFL sat back and watched its players become addicts for pain pills and I’m sure that’s not even the tip of the iceberg.

Deshaun Watson isn’t like McGregor to the UFC but he’s certainly a star QB. I’m sure they’d like for this to go away just like he would.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I just don't get the faux outrage over something that everyone knew was going on.

I have a brother who's a self-centered idiot...he consistently makes poor decisions and those decisions effect me (for instance I have to raise his kids from time to time).

Now, about 15 years ago I came to terms with the fact that my big brother is a self centered prick. This acceptance allows me not to get pissed off everytime he makes another asshole decision...my wife, she gets pissed off every time (can you believe what that dumb MF has done now?). I don't get it....once you accept someone is a douche, why get mad when they do douchey things, it's like being mad a a skunk because it smells bad. That's just it's nature.

And it rings true here....tanking has been happening for a really long time. It's actually promoted and incentivized by the rules. Why people are now losing their minds (it's point shaving!!!!)..I don't get it.

You knew it was happening, I knew it was happening, the website "tankathon" sure as hell knows it....let's try to be adults about this. Because the faux outrage right now...seems a little like middle school pile-on bullying.

Comment

• That's right Nick, you tell us

Comment

• Yes Froot....your emotionally charged (and logically flawed) argument sucks.

if it was better.....you'd still be arguing.

Maybe you should include a meme.....I understand this is the language of the emotionally charged and intellectually stunted

Comment

• 1. I think tanking sucks and have been very vocal about it in this here forum
                  2. Because of it, I have consistently made the argument that the draft should be eliminated in all sports. In sports that have hard caps like the NFL does, college athletes should be free agents.
                  3. If you do have a draft and the crooked owner is trying to pay the coach to purposely lose games, that owner should be perp walked out of the NFL.
                  4. I don't know Nick's brother and I don't know how it has anything to do with this lawsuit. But I do know this, if you have too much acceptance nothing ever changes. Maybe you are arguing a coach like Flores should have acceptance of sham interviews and rotten behavior of owners. He wants things to change and this lawsuit may go down in flames, but nothing changes if all you do is accept it.

Comment

• There's that high-moral pulpit.

Aren't you also a guy who blames the Lions whenever the refs cheat them (they should have risen above it)...odd argument from someone who knows "if you have too much acceptance nothing ever changes".

Seems a little hypocritical to me....but I guess everyone picks their battles.

As far as my brother goes....in language there is this thing called an analogy. I'll let you look that word up on your own time....but it's a linguistic structure that allows one to demonstrate the same basic logic as it may apply to a completely different concepts or situations(i.e. not getting bent over things you already knew were going to happen).

Comment

• You have to start taking notes, I am most certainly not a guy who says the Lions have to play above the refs. That is chemiclord's corner, not mine.

Comment

• Sure Froot

Comment

• Just produce me a post where I said they should rise above the refs.

Comment

• no....I was just saying something short and passive aggressive after you made a good argument.

Based on 2 or 3 of your posts above....I just thought that was going to be our thing.

Classic Pappageorgio and Froot mess-around

Comment

• Former Miami Dolphins coach Brian Flores alleged that then-Denver Broncos General Manager John Elway and other top team brass showed up 'completely disheveled' to his coaching interview, according to a racial discrimination lawsuit filed Tuesday.

In the lawsuit, Flores alleges he was interviewed to be the head coach of the Denver Broncos in 2019 just to fulfill the "Rooney Rule" — which requires teams to interview diverse candidates for open positions.

"The Broncos' then-General Manager, John Elway, President, and Chief Executive Officer Joe Ellis and others, showed up an hour late to the interview," the lawsuit alleges. "They looked completely disheveled, and it was obvious that they had [been] drinking heavily the night before."

Flores said that it was "clear from the substance of the interview" that the Broncos "never had any intention to consider him as a legitimate candidate for the job," according to the lawsuit.

The lawsuit notes that Vic Fangio, who is white, was later hired to be the Broncos' head coach.

A representative for the Broncos could not be immediately reached for comment.

The class-action lawsuit filed by Flores, who was fired at the end of the 2021-22 regular season by the Dolphins, alleges the NFL is still "rife with racism" in its hiring practices.

Flores also acknowledges that the lawsuit may cost him his career as an NFL head coach, but is willing to take that chance in hopes of improving the situation for future coaches.

I feel like I need to interject on behalf of the Broncos here...

If John Elway showing up drunk for work is considered racist....they may as well call that team "the Klan", because John Elway is ALWAYS drunk. That's like the worst kept secret in Denver. If you talk to a cop around here...like 25% of them have a John Elway story.

Comment

• The tanking thing if proven is actually illegal. You wonder how that could impact TV deals and endorsements. Most likely, it does nothing as the NFL is a cash cow, but you never know.

Comment

Working...
                                X