No announcement yet.

NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know, when the Rams have their backs against the wall, they are using Linehan's bread and butter passing plays and some of the stuff Stafford was doing under Caldwell. It's not like McVay is some creative offensive.playcaller, he puts Stafford under center far too often to establish the run.

The Lions never had the offensive weaponz at one time like the Rams do now. And they never had a route runner like Cooper Kupp. The story of the Lions under Stafford is they spent 5 or 6 high picks on offensive players and didn't get production. Especially Best and Young because they were good for the very limited time they played.

Comment

• Gotta go with Jaddam here…..investing all that draft capital in fields to be QBOF and then hiring defensive coach who will probably fail to develop him properly (and be frustrated that he”s not a better game manager) seems silly.

It’s like buying a coal mine and investing all the profits in Green energy tech….investing in the latter is great, but it’s ultimately going to devalue your investment in the former.

Comment

• Brady officially announces his retirement. On the Simmons pod the other day he predicted Brady would retire on Tuesday but he "wasn't reporting it, didn't have any inside information, just his gut feeling." Uh huh.

Comment

• Sad. I was hoping for one more season out of Brady. GOAT.
          Think some of Brady's regular season stats will be surpassed one day... As the NFL expands to 18 regular season games in the future + probably changes more rules to benefit the offense. Extended careers on QBs. Arena style football. Etc.
          Brady's playoff accomplishments? Nope. Won't be touched.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Quitter

Comment

• If the new Bears head coach hires a good offensive coordinator, Fields will be fine.

Comment

• Washington FT to be called the commanders . I don’t like it sounds like a USFL name

Comment

• Ha, that’s a fitting way for the new Washington team name to be leaked.

Commanders. I kinda like the military theme, but the name and leaked uniforms are boring. Mixed feelings.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    Quitter
                    Lol
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The Washington Redskins were actually named after white people. Hear me out, I'm serious.

Firstly, in the 1930s the NFL was the little brother of pro baseball. NFL teams often named themselves after their city's counterpart. Our team was renamed as the Lions when we moved to Detroit to match the Detroit Tigers. Chicago Cubs → Chicago Bears; New York Giants (now San Francisco Giants) → New York Football Giants. The Pittsburgh Steelers were originally named the Pittsburgh Pirates.

In 1912, the Boston baseball team renamed itself as the Boston Braves, in reference to the Boston Tea Party, a historical event in which white people dressed up as natives and trashed some shit up. The Boston Braves would move to Milwaukee and then Atlanta as we know them today, but in 1932 the Braves were still in Boston. A football team began play in 1932 and called themselves the Boston Braves. They then became the Boston Redskins, and then the Washington Redskins. So they are named after white people, QED.

Logically, their new name should just be the Washington Tea Baggers as this is in line with their roots.
                      "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                      Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Tea Baggers (i.e Tea Party) is too political. Try again.

Comment

• The Washington Bipartisans
                          "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                          Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post
                            The Washington Redskins were actually named after white people. Hear me out, I'm serious.

Firstly, in the 1930s the NFL was the little brother of pro baseball. NFL teams often named themselves after their city's counterpart. Our team was renamed as the Lions when we moved to Detroit to match the Detroit Tigers. Chicago Cubs → Chicago Bears; New York Giants (now San Francisco Giants) → New York Football Giants. The Pittsburgh Steelers were originally named the Pittsburgh Pirates.

In 1912, the Boston baseball team renamed itself as the Boston Braves, in reference to the Boston Tea Party, a historical event in which white people dressed up as natives and trashed some shit up. The Boston Braves would move to Milwaukee and then Atlanta as we know them today, but in 1932 the Braves were still in Boston. A football team began play in 1932 and called themselves the Boston Braves. They then became the Boston Redskins, and then the Washington Redskins. So they are named after white people, QED.

Logically, their new name should just be the Washington Tea Baggers as this is in line with their roots.
                            Ha! That was interesting
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Most of the native Americans that I know could
                              care less about the Redskins name. To me this is all a show.

The only team IMO that really should have changed their name or logo was Cleveland. The other teams logos had either a badass feel to it or something cool. Cleveland didn’t depict “Indians” in a great light.

F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• “Let’s go for a name that won’t offend anybody.”

By what I’ve seen on social media, it’s offended the Washington fans who wanted actual branding.
                                3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
                                10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

Working...
                                X