NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

He didn't die or go to the hospital. Doesn't that prove that it worked? I know that you have your train of thought and which side you fall on but the vaccine doesn't protect you from contracting the virus or becoming infected.

What would the difference have been in Joe Rogan or Rodgers were vaccinate? Honest question. I'm not trying to provoke emotion, i'm trying to get real answers.
    Regeneron, the monoclonal antibody treatment definitely works. Ivermectin is snake oil.

Dpatnod, as someone who caught the virus while boosted recently I’d say you’re likely right about not being infectious for as long. I only tested positive on lateral flow for 48 hours and it was a very faint line.

I was seen studies that say vaccination doesn’t affect transmission though: https://apnews.com/article/science-h...5ca012b5ef84d1

Comment

• Nagy, Zimmer and Rick Spielman gone apparently. NFCN bloodbath.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
        Nagy, Zimmer and Rick Spielman gone apparently. NFCN bloodbath.
        Not surprised. The two worst coached games this year was Nagy v lions and Zimmer v lions.

I'm surprised they made it to the end of the year.
        Detroit Lions: Where futility is a lifestyle choice.

Comment

• Denver coach out.

Today is the day for the coaching bloodbath
          Detroit Lions: Where futility is a lifestyle choice.

Comment

• Flores is landing in the NFCN isn’t he?

Comment

• I'm surprised Flores got the hook. That's not a very good roster and Tua has been underwhelming to say the least. Ross reportedly chasing Harbaugh.

Comment

• Damn, major shakeup in the NFC North!

Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                I'm surprised Flores got the hook. That's not a very good roster and Tua has been underwhelming to say the least. Ross reportedly chasing Harbaugh.
                I don’t understand this move at all. Flores has done well considering that current Dolphins roster and he inherited Adam Gase’s mess.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Washington accidentally leaked their new name. It apparently is the “Commanders.”
                  Logo is a stylized “W”

Comment

• Now Ross just came out and said he's not going to be the guy that takes Harbaugh away from Michigan. Makes the Flores decision every weirder.

Comment

• Incompetence is the only reasonable explanation. Hoping Brian Flores doesn’t take the Vikings or Bears job.

You would assume the Bears are going for an offensive minded HC to help develop Justin Fields.
                      Vikings went through years with defensive minded Zimmer as HC. Would they really try it again…

Jim Harbaugh. It’s Raiders or Bears if anything.
                      Leaning that he stays at Michigan. Using this discussion as leverage to get more money for his staff. Get the Michigan administration serious about NIL. I could see Harbaugh leaving if Michigan doesn’t give him what he wants.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

He didn't die or go to the hospital. Doesn't that prove that it worked? I know that you have your train of thought and which side you fall on but the vaccine doesn't protect you from contracting the virus or becoming infected.

What would the difference have been in Joe Rogan or Rodgers were vaccinate? Honest question. I'm not trying to provoke emotion, i'm trying to get real answers.
                        True. But what about that teammate or staffer that he passes it to, or could have, that invariably gives it to an elder family member because they thought they weren't around anyone unvaccinated AND unmasked? This could happen and is why they ask unvax and vax to mask up.
                        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                          I'm surprised Flores got the hook. That's not a very good roster and Tua has been underwhelming to say the least. Ross reportedly chasing Harbaugh.
                          MIA has had a treasure trove of high draft picks for a few years now. I suppose it had to be him or the GM. Either he couldn'tcoach their great players. Or, he was saddled with terrible players. Seems half and half.

And again a BB cast off falls flat on his face.
                          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Joe Schoen, Ryan Poles among Giants G.M. candidates

Posted by Josh Alper on January 10, 2022, 3:54 PM EST

Getty Images

The Giants announced General Manager Dave Gettleman’s retirement on Monday and the list of candidates to replace him is starting to take shape.

According to multiple reports, the team has requested an interview with Bills assistant G.M. Joe Schoen. Schoen interviewed for the Panthers G.M. job last year before they hired Scott Fitterer and worked for both the Panthers and Dolphins before making the move to Buffalo.

Jonathan Jones of CBS Sports reports that the Giants also want to interview Chiefs executive director of player personnel Ryan Poles. Poles interviewed with the Panthers twice last year.

Giants assistant G.M. Kevin Abrams is expected to interview for a promotion with the team. Given the current state of the franchise, promoting from within would be a tough sell to the team’s fanbase.

Comment

• Scott Fitterer: There’s no intentions right now of trading Christian McCaffrey

Posted by Myles Simmons on January 10, 2022, 3:39 PM EST

Getty Images

Back before the trading deadline, there were rumors that the Panthers were shopping running back Christian McCaffrey.

Some of those rumors were just that, as Carolina never considered offering McCaffrey as part of a trade to acquire Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson.

The Panthers concluded their third five-win season in a row — and second under head coach Matt Rhule — on Sunday. General Manager Scott Fitterer told reporters on Monday that he talked with McCaffrey about those rumors, noting that the team isn’t actively shopping him.

“We sat there 30, 45 minutes and we addressed all those things,” Fitterer said. “I told him what was the truth and what was not the truth, and kind of everything that played out. I think there was a report back in November that we were actively trying to trade him and that was not true. What I did tell him, though, is hey, listen, as a G.M. I’ll take any call. Call and make any offer you want. That doesn’t mean we’re going to do it. That doesn’t mean we’re shopping you. I’ll listen.

“I look at Christian as a foundation piece of this team, one of those building blocks. We’re a better team when he’s on the field. He’s one of the elite players in the NFL. I would love for him to be here, but I will never not take a call. If somebody calls and offers something crazy, yeah, you would look at it. There’s no intentions right now of trading Christian McCaffrey.”

McCaffrey has played only 10 games in the last two seasons due to various injuries. In 2021, he recorded 785 yards from scrimmage on 136 touches with a pair of touchdowns. McCaffrey did not play after the Week 12 loss to Miami, but the club was 4-3 in games where he was on the field.

In 2019, McCaffrey became only the third player in league history to record 1,000 yards rushing and receiving in the same season.

Comment

• Broncos want to interview Eric Bieniemy, Nathaniel Hackett

Posted by Josh Alper on January 10, 2022, 3:39 PM EST

Getty Images

The Broncos were across the field from Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy on Saturday and they’d like to be across the table at an interview with him in the near future.

According to multiple reports, the team has requested an interview with Bieniemy for their head coaching vacancy. Reports also have Packers offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett on the list of requests made by Broncos General Manager George Paton.

Bieniemy has interviewed with multiple teams during the last couple of hiring cycles, but has not landed his first head coaching job. The Broncos are the first team that he’s been linked with this year.

Hackett is set to interview with the Jaguars this week and could add the Broncos to the list because the Packers are on a bye. Bieniemy and other assistants from teams playing Wild Card weekend can’t interview until after their teams have played their first postseason game.

Comment

Working...
                                X