No announcement yet.

NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet faithful are a conflicted lot - especially come draft day.

Comment

• Wonder if they still believe Sanchez > Stafford.

Interestingly, these Bears fans forget Trubisky had a strong preseason game 1 performance as a rookie.
      Hold your horses, folks. It’s early.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Fuck. Joey Fucking Harrington was All-Pro during the preseason.

What more proof do we need that preseason means nothing?
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Pre-season is good for see specific things that your team may be more comfortable doing and vice versa. Much is made too much though. Fields wasn't great, but he managed to get the offense down the field on two drives. He had to run it in to get the TD. He looked better then Sewell but it's Pre-C and it's a lot easier for Fields to look good then Sewell.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
            Fuck. Joey Fucking Harrington was All-Pro during the preseason.

What more proof do we need that preseason means nothing?
            HoF preseason QB
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
              Pre-season is good for see specific things that your team may be more comfortable doing and vice versa. Much is made too much though. Fields wasn't great, but he managed to get the offense down the field on two drives. He had to run it in to get the TD. He looked better then Sewell but it's Pre-C and it's a lot easier for Fields to look good then Sewell.
              Yeah, he looked terrible the first couple drives. But seemed to settle down and made some impressive plays after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post

Yeah, he looked terrible the first couple drives. But seemed to settle down and made some impressive plays after that.
                I went back and watched those and you're correct. That one ball should have been picked.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

I went back and watched those and you're correct. That one ball should have been picked.
                  Sewell kind of punished Rouseau after that play. 2 were definite pancakes. And one guy he blocked so far that I think both tackles blocked their man into each other.
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Now if they can get that Guard thing together

Comment

• The funniest part of that video is when the one guy slaps about 5 people in a row with the "Moe" slap. Of course they woup his az after that but it was a great moment for him. Until it was a terrible moment for him

SoFi Stadium will ban fans involved in brawl at Chargers-Rams game

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 17, 2021, 5:08 AM EDT

Getty Images

An ugly brawl broke out in the stands during Saturday’s Chargers-Rams game, and the fans involved will not be allowed to attend games anymore.

“SoFi Stadium does not tolerate violent behavior or harassment of any form,” the stadium said in a statement, via A.J. Perez. “Some of the individuals involved in Saturday’s altercation have been identified, and they will be banned from attending events at SoFi Stadium. We are actively working to identify the remaining individuals involved. We will continue to work with security, law enforcement and league officials to evaluate our protocols to ensure a family-friendly environment where fans and guests can safely enjoy themselves.”

That’s a good statement, but it’s also worth asking why SoFi Stadium security didn’t do more to prevent the brawl from happening. Viral videos have shown fans screaming obscenities at each other and throwing drinks on each other before punches were thrown, with no security in sight.

There have been no reports of any arrests in connection with the brawl.
                      Last edited by Futureshock; August 17, 2021, 08:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                        The funniest part of that video is when the one guy slaps about 5 people in a row with the "Moe" slap. Of course they woup his az after that but it was a great moment for him. Until it was a terrible moment for him

SoFi Stadium will ban fans involved in brawl at Chargers-Rams game

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 17, 2021, 5:08 AM EDT

Getty Images

An ugly brawl broke out in the stands during Saturday’s Chargers-Rams game, and the fans involved will not be allowed to attend games anymore.

“SoFi Stadium does not tolerate violent behavior or harassment of any form,” the stadium said in a statement, via A.J. Perez. “Some of the individuals involved in Saturday’s altercation have been identified, and they will be banned from attending events at SoFi Stadium. We are actively working to identify the remaining individuals involved. We will continue to work with security, law enforcement and league officials to evaluate our protocols to ensure a family-friendly environment where fans and guests can safely enjoy themselves.”

That’s a good statement, but it’s also worth asking why SoFi Stadium security didn’t do more to prevent the brawl from happening. Viral videos have shown fans screaming obscenities at each other and throwing drinks on each other before punches were thrown, with no security in sight.

There have been no reports of any arrests in connection with the brawl.
                        The guy that had him in a headlock and was repeatedly punching him in the face should be brought up on charges.
                        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Because unless you have security standing at pretty much every other row, they're not going to be able to respond to a bunch of jawing back and forth. Up until the drink gets thrown, you see that interaction about 3 or 4 times a game, and it escalates into violence maybe once or twice a season. Teams are right, in the business sense at least, that the expenditure needed to nip those in the bud isn't worth it.

Until we start seeing fan brawls multiple times a game, teams aren't going to take it very seriously.

Comment

• In England they have stewards at every gate with a CCTV tower controlled by the police to send officers to immediately. They will zoom in on your face if you play up and send officers to arrest you immediately.

England used to have thousand man brawls regularly in stadiums though so it evolved out of that.

Comment

• You don't see that much here, I would say the most stories we hear of this shit are out on the West Coast where it has been a consistent news story, especially between Giant and Dodger fans.

Back in the day, the Silverdome always had fights and it was a problem, some of that was due to the huge sections. They designed that out of Ford Field. The Dome was quite the shit show especially for concerts.

Comment

• The prevalence of cell phones insures we see almost every fan acting obnoxiously.

Comment

Working...
                                X