NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DESHAUN WATSONQB, HOUSTON TEXANS
    FOX's Jay Glazer reports the Texans still believe Deshaun Watson is "going to end up wanting to play for them this year," and that they are not returning calls to teams interested in a trade.

Glazer terms the situation a "standstill." Alrighty then. There has been an internet furor in recent days that the Eagles were close to acquiring Watson, but Glazer is as plugged in as any reporter in the league. He certainly does not seem to believe a move is imminent. It remains surreal that the Watson narrative has somehow shifted back to his trade status from his legal situation. He remains under investigation by both the Houston Police Department and NFL, while he has not settled any of his civil claims. We would not expect any movement on his 2021 status in the near future.

... See More
    SOURCE: Jay Glazer on Twitter
    Aug 5, 2021, 7:39 PM
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Word is Denzel Mims could be on the block. I would go get that dude. He’s got a lot of talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
        Word is Denzel Mims could be on the block. I would go get that dude. He’s got a lot of talent.
        That NYJ WR corps is really stacked. I really wanted Elijah Moore in the 2nd round and it sounds like he’s killing it for the JETS.

I wonder what they’d want for him
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Oops, Dolphins… Sewell was right there for you!
          Read that Waddle looks good, but has been dealing with another lower body injury. Concerning considering his history. Why not shut him down until 100%….

I shouldn’t be too fast to judge because EVERY rookie 1st RD pick is receiving praise. Excluding the injured ones (Devonta Smith, Jaelan Phillips).
          Another exception of Zach Wilson looking shaky in the Jets scrimmage yesterday.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I can’t believe Miami and Cincy both passed on Sewell. We got so lucky there
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
              I can’t believe Miami and Cincy both passed on Sewell. We got so lucky there
              I can understand Cincy passing. They already had two high performing tackles and major needs at other positions. Would Sewell have been an upgrade? Sure... but probably not right away and probably not a huge one.

Comment

• Both those teams that passed on Sewell paired a WR who played in college with their young QB. Ya, we got pretty lucky in how that worked out.

Comment

• If the Jets are willing to trade Mims I’d jump on that in a heartbeat. What would their asking point be? A 2nd or 3rd next year? The kid has all the tools so I’m sure they won’t give him away but he’s buried right now
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I think maybe like a 6th-7th. He was a 2nd when they drafted him and rumors are he may wind up cut. It’s a new coaching staff there, so he may not fit their plans.

He made some awesome plays last year. He’s a big guy with speed who works downfield and makes tough catches.

Comment

• Day 3 pick.
                      Bills traded former 2nd RD pick Reggie Ragland to the Chiefs after one season. Received a 4th RD pick. That's the most recent example that I can think of.

If the Lions come away thinking their WR core is shaky ... or if their is a serious injury ... maybe? Not sure how much Mims would help... especially if he is buried on the Jets WR depth chart.
                      Reports out of camp have me feeling underwhelmed about the Lions top WRs. Williams, Perriman. Read that Cephus has been OK. St. Brown good for a rookie.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                        Not sure how much Mims would help... especially if he is buried on the Jets WR depth chart.
                        Do fool yourself, the Jets WR Corps are stacked. I’d give up a 3rd or 4th for him. He has size and speed. Last year the Jets were a shit show and now he’s in a tough situation from a staff that didnt draft him.

Make the call Holmes
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                          Word is Denzel Mims could be on the block. I would go get that dude. He’s got a lot of talent.
                          Yes please.

Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                          Day 3 pick.
                          Bills traded former 2nd RD pick Reggie Ragland to the Chiefs after one season. Received a 4th RD pick. That's the most recent example that I can think of.

If the Lions come away thinking their WR core is shaky ... or if their is a serious injury ... maybe? Not sure how much Mims would help... especially if he is buried on the Jets WR depth chart.
                          Reports out of camp have me feeling underwhelmed about the Lions top WRs. Williams, Perriman. Read that Cephus has been OK. St. Brown good for a rookie.
                          Yes. All of that was true Saturday.

Underwhelming is what I would say what I saw Saturday, from the WRs, is.
                          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Hall of Fame partners with Jay Glazer to help former players deal with mental health issues

Posted by Mike Florio on August 9, 2021, 8:38 AM EDT

USA TODAY Sports

Jay Glazer of Fox Sports has shown no hesitation about sharing his struggles with mental health. And he has dedicated much of his time to helping former athletes and military members dealing with similar issues.

The Pro Football Hall of Fame has partnered with Glazer’s MVP organization, and it has added Glazer to the Hall of Fame Behavioral Health board.

“It’s truly one of the honors of my life to announce this partnership,” Glazer said in a release announcing the partnership. “To be able to use my own struggles and turn those hardships into an effort that helps these warriors — from former players to former service members — is unbelievable for me. And to join with the Pro Football Hall of Fame in this effort is just incredible. We change lives, and together we will make an even bigger impact.”

Glazer wants more former players who face challenges during the transition away from a lifetime in football to recognize that they need help, and to get it.

“There’s still a stigma that it’s not OK to not be OK,” Glazer said. “We’ve got to change that.”

Launched in May, Hall of Fame Behavioral Health assists players in a wide variety of ways, from post-career transition to identity to addiction to anxiety, depression, PTSD, and more. For now, the key is to make former players aware of the assistance provided by Hall of Fame Behavioral Health. In only two days after Glazer’s new role was announced, three former players have asked for help. Surely, there are more who need it.

Players who need help immediately should contact the Hall of Fame Behavioral Health Crisis Line at 866-901-1245, call 911, or visit the emergency room of the nearest hospital.

Comment

• Nick Bosa remains on track for a Week One return

Posted by Mike Florio on August 9, 2021, 8:04 AM EDT
                              Getty Images

The 49ers lost defensive end Nick Bosa in Week Two of the 2020 season with a torn ACL. They still hope to have him back for Week One.

“I believe so,” coach Kyle Shanahan told reporters on Sunday when asked whether Bosa is on track to play at the start of the 2021 regular season. “That’s been the plan all along. There’s been no setbacks. He’s doing great right now.”

It’s an important year for the 49ers and Bosa. The team isn’t the same when he’s not on the field, playing at his best. And as he enters the third year of his career, Bosa needs to re-establish himself in order to set the stage for a 2022 contract that will rival the $27 million per year market-setting deal that his brother Joey got from the Chargers after three NFL seasons.

Injuries dramatically impacted the 49ers’ ability to compete at a high level in 2020. They’ll need to keep most key players healthy to have a chance in an NFC West that actually seems better than it was a year ago.

Comment

• 5 year plans?

Urban Meyer: Jaguars don’t have a four-year plan, we have a one-year plan

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 9, 2021, 5:07 AM EDT

Getty Images

Despite taking over some bad teams, Urban Meyer never had a losing record in four stops over 17 seasons as a college head coach. Meyer has no plans to lose this year as head coach of the Jaguars, either.

Meyer took over the worst team in the NFL, but he says he wants to win in 2021, not slowly build his team up. And he says that’s why he hasn’t yet named No. 1 overall pick Trevor Lawrence the starting quarterback, because Lawrence has to prove he’s ready to win this year, not simply that he’s the team’s quarterback of the future.

“No, oh no,” Meyer told Judy Battista of NFL Media. “If he’s not the quarterback we think we can win with — we haven’t made that decision. It’s not a four-year plan. It’s not fair to these players. It’s a one-year plan.”

Meyer says Lawrence will be judged on whether he can win.

“What makes Tom Brady the greatest quarterback of all time is he find ways to win,” Meyer said. “Whether he’s a Buccaneer or with the New England Patriots, he finds a way to win. I’ve had quarterbacks like that — they win. I don’t know if we’re going to tell in a year. He throws a nice ball, that makes him one of about 60 to 70 quarterbacks. Does he win games?”

Comment

Working...
                                X