No announcement yet.

NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Trade confuses me too. Bridgewater has been better than Darnold as a pro. I know there are other variables to QB play but this seems like a decent amount to give up for competition and a potential downgrade. Bridgewater performed better in College too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
      Fuuuuuuuck, that takes a lot leverage out of the Lions pick. I'm not a big Darnold fan, but that's a good roll of the dice on a guy a lot of analysts still like.
      On the surface yes it does. But if you look at it closer it takes away from everyone picking before us too. It makes it less likely that teams would have to trade up with them to get in front of Carolina.

ATL could still take a QB but its not probable that Cincy or Miami will select a signal caller. Sewell (Cincy) and Chase (Miami) will be a virtual lock there as teams won't have to trade up that high

If San Fran takes Mac Jones we'll seriously have a decision on our hands with Fields or Lance.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I'm actually surprised that they got a 2nd rounder for him. It was a great trade for the JETS.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Their fans are all over the map on this trade.

https://www.carolinahuddle.com/topic...r-sam-darnold/
          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• That Carolina 2nd rounder could be a very nice pick if Darnold does suck terribly
            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Darnold is good. This trade is a win for everybody involved ... he needed to move on
              WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• If you tell me the Lions could've ended up with the 8th overall pick this year from Carolina (for Stafford) plus had Darnold for that price ... I'd take that over the Goff deal in a second
                WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                  If you tell me the Lions could've ended up with the 8th overall pick this year from Carolina (for Stafford) plus had Darnold for that price ... I'd take that over the Goff deal in a second
                  I really like the future first rounders from LA but yeah having back to back picks @ 7 and 8 would have been really nice. I do disagree about Darnold though. There's no way in hell if I'm the Lions a 2nd rounder gets traded for him. I'd just as soon draft the highest rated QB @ 7 if they feel he's the new face to the franchise.

F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

On the surface yes it does. But if you look at it closer it takes away from everyone picking before us too. It makes it less likely that teams would have to trade up with them to get in front of Carolina.
                    Working under the assumption QBs go 1-4, the Lions were the hot spot, they either take the QB or trade to a team to jump ahead of Carolina. That's now gone.

A team interested in a QB may still want to jump ahead of the Lions, that doesn't really change (and Atlanta remains the most likely which doesn't change QBs going 1-4).

Comment

• It all depends on who’s there. I still don’t think teams will
                      be mortgaging the farm to move up to get Lance.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• It's certainly not a win for everyone if Bridgewater still starts. They plan on having a competition and based on what both have put forward thus far between the pro's and college Bridgewater would certainly be the favorite. Anything can happen but even if Darnold does win the job if he's not much of an upgrade its still bad for Carolina. I think they need him to be a solid upgrade to get value in this and signs just don't point to that.

Comment

• Quietly running out of landing spots for Deshaun Watson with the Darnold trade. Think it’s trending towards Watson not playing in 2021.

Darnold has more upside than Bridgewater. I certainly like this move much more when compared to the Bears signing Dalton. Interested to see what Joe Brady can do with Darnold. Brady’s offense helped Joe Burrow have the greatest season for a college QB.
                          Panthers hope in this is for Ryan Tannehill 2.0
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The rate it's going with Watson - he probably doesn't play this year anyway.

Comment

• It leaves time for more massages
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                                If you tell me the Lions could've ended up with the 8th overall pick this year from Carolina (for Stafford) plus had Darnold for that price ... I'd take that over the Goff deal in a second
                                Noooo dude. Darnold is just not that good. Plus, everyone is assuming CAR has time to make this work. They don't. They must find out what they have in Darnold so he will be starting THIS YEAR.

After this year I believe his salary jumps to $20 mil, if they keep him under his fifth year option.

No Forsh. I don't want any part of that.
                                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X