NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compared to CAM? He's frail....
    Brady isn't stupid enough to think he can run into a brick wall head on though.

Comment

• Brady is a big guy, he is certainly never been frail looking.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        Brady is a big guy, he is certainly never been frail looking.
        Lol, you never saw his Combine swimsuit issue?
        Seriously?

Comment

• I'm not talking body building big. He is 6'4 and he's not frail looking. He is the epitome of a pocket passer with great footwork and tremendous mechanics. Sometimes I wonder if you ever the watch the games at all. LOL at the combine shit, that was 25 years ago. Have you ever looked at Stafford college years? He was pudgy.

pANDs

The footwork is the most important part of a quarterbacks' survival in the league. It is not a sexy attribute so it doesn't grab attention.

Comment

• Also it's important to note that Cam Newton's main problem is not stemming from an injury from him trying to run through someone on the field. His throwing shoulder was wrecked from getting blown up in the pocket by TJ Watt. It tore his rotator cuff and he hasn't been the same since.

Any QB that has a rotator cuff injury is in deep shit. It's not like in baseball where you can reinvent yourself as a crafty lefthander after being a fireball er. A qb who lost his heater is worthless in the NFL.
            Last edited by froot loops; March 13, 2021, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

Lol, you never saw his Combine swimsuit issue?
              Seriously?
              This comment is genuinely funny
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Drew Brees announces retirement after 20 years in the NFL

After 20 years as a star quarterback, Drew Brees has announced that he will be retiring from the NFL.

Brees, 42, broke the news on Sunday on social media, sharing a heartfelt post that reflected on his years in the league.

"After 20 years as a player in the NFL and 15 years as a Saint, it is time I retire from the game of football," he said in a caption paired with an adorable video featuring his four kids revealing the news.

"Each day, I poured my heart & soul into being your Quarterback," he continued. "Til the very end, I exhausted myself to give everything I had to the Saints organization, my team, and the great city of New Orleans. We shared some amazing moments together, many of which are emblazoned in our hearts and minds and will forever be a part of us. You have molded me, strengthened me, inspired me, and given me a lifetime of memories."

Hoda Kotb, who has a special place in her heart for New Orleans and the Saints, will be exclusively speaking with Brees Monday on TODAY about his decision to retire, and what is next for him.

The timing of his announcement is also very special. According to NBC Sports, it was 15 years ago today that he joined the Saints, after the Miami Dolphins decided not to sign him.

"My goal for the last 15 years was striving to give to you everything you had given to me and more," he concluded in his caption on Sunday. "I am only retiring from playing football, I am not retiring from New Orleans. This is not goodbye, rather a new beginning. Now my real life‘s work begins!"

Brees attended Purdue University where he was a three-year starter and broke multiple records in the league, becoming one of the most decorated players in the history of the universally and Big Ten Conference according to Purdue.
                Drew Brees on Jan. 20, 2019 in New Orleans, Louisiana.Sean Gardner / Getty Images
                Following his success in college, Brees was drafted by the San Diego Chargers where he played until 2005. After his time with the Chargers, he signed with the New Orleans Saints where he remained until his retirement. During his time in New Orleans, Brees had 14 record-setting seasons, which included their only Super Bowl win in 2010 where they defeated the Indianapolis Colts. Throughout the years, he’s been decorated with a variety of awards, including the Super Bowl Most Valuable Player Award, Best NFL Player ESPY Award, and Sports Illustrated Sportsperson of the Year in 2010.

In addition to this athletic prowess, Brees is known for giving back, especially during the hard times of the pandemic. The legendary quarterback and his wife, Brittany, announced last March that they would be donating $5 million to various charities that would prepare and deliver 10,000 meals daily throughout Louisiana to help those in need during the pandemic.

New Orleans Saints QB Drew Brees: ‘Hang in there and maintain hope’

MARCH 27, 202006:21

"We've been through a lot of tough times together, whether it's hurricanes, oil spills, floods, and this is just another one of those bits of adversity that we're gonna come out better on the other side,” Brees told Hoda on TODAY. "We gotta stick together right now, and obviously it may get a little worse before it gets better, but at the end of the day we'll become better because of it."

The NFL star spent 15 years of his career in New Orleans, bringing the Saints their first franchise Super Bowl win in 2010.

"Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• I went on the standard Natches paddle boat tour in NO. It takes you down the river to the plantation where the Battle of NO was. The guide was excellent in his presentation of the battle. On the way back on the boat he spoke of Katrina and how important the Saints SB win. It was very cool, it is hard to overstate how big Drew Brees is down there. If you ever get a chance to go to New Orleans, I highly recommend it.

Comment

• Aaron Jones resigns with Green Bay .... that's a bummer.
                    Forever One!

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
                      Aaron Jones resigns with Green Bay .... that's a bummer.
                      Can we re-sign R Okwara to a similarly discounted contract before free agency begins please?

Good deal for the Packers. I was expecting the Dolphins to snag Jones for a big contract.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Thanks for posting that article UKBB.

Originally posted by FromTheArticle View Post
                        Drew Brees announces retirement after 20 years in the NFL
                        Brees attended Purdue University where he was a three-year starter and broke multiple records in the league, becoming one of the most decorated players in the history of the universally and Big Ten Conference according to Purdue.
                        For the love of god, can someone please tell these journalist hacks that the Word spellchecker does not substitute for proof reading.

Comment

• The Saints offseason is bizarre to say the least.

Brees retires

Taysom Hill gets a 140 million dollar extension thats basically all voidable (uhhhh random)

Jameis Winston looks to be the QB of the future there. (enjoy the pick 6's)
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The Saints are gay. I said it.
                            Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                              The Saints are gay. I said it.
                              Truly it’s one of the weirdest things I’ve ever seen
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
                                Aaron Jones resigns with Green Bay .... that's a bummer.
                                I'm not upset at all. He's a 12 mil/yr rb? I would never give a RB, outside of Barry, 12 mil/yr. Draft another and reap the comp. Well, unless you aren't good at drafting them and lucked up on this one I guess.

As a Lions' fan I am glad they're tying that much cap into a rb. When we should be in a position of competing, they will be cutting/trading him.
                                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X