Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
    Apparently Jerod Mayo has some head coaching steam ... he's only 34
    lol, feels like he was just drafted. IIRC, the Lions wanted him and the Patriots traded up to get him or just grabbed him before the Lions could.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post

lol, feels like he was just drafted. IIRC, the Lions wanted him and the Patriots traded up to get him or just grabbed him before the Lions could.
      Yep. Lions ended up taking the (not so) great Gosder Cherilus, who was only a bit less of a prospect than other failed Lions OT picks Stockar McDougle and Aaron Gibson
      WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• He was quite a bit better than those two.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
          Ya. This has been so overblown. There were reports pregame that Hurts was going to get yanked. Peterson wanted to give Sudfeld some run. It’s the last quarter in week 17. They wanted to give the QB3 run. That’s all.

I was in a fantasy matchup and saw the Hurts news about an hour before the game. I picked up Smith/Sudfeld to fuck over my opponent, because he was starting Hurts.

This move was expected.
          Then he should have let Sudfield play the 3rd quarter, or end of the first half. Everybody from the outside and the inside knew Hurts gave them the best chance to win that game at the end and the Eagles coach lost all credibility with his team to gain 3 draft spots and eff over the Giants. The fact is they probably would have lost with Hurts as well, but there was no way Sudfield was going to win that game for them.

Of course there is a very easy fix that Goodell could do. Simply move them down in to where they'd have been had they won the game.
          Forever One!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            He was quite a bit better than those two.
            Yeah but not as a prospect, which is what I wrote

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post

Then he should have let Sudfield play the 3rd quarter, or end of the first half. Everybody from the outside and the inside knew Hurts gave them the best chance to win that game at the end and the Eagles coach lost all credibility with his team to gain 3 draft spots and eff over the Giants. The fact is they probably would have lost with Hurts as well, but there was no way Sudfield was going to win that game for them.

Of course there is a very easy fix that Goodell could do. Simply move them down in to where they'd have been had they won the game.
              Ridiculous ... why not put the Giants in the playoffs, too? You can't just make up retroactive competition rules governing coaching decisions

Comment

• It was rigged! The playoffs were rigged! Nobody's ever seen anything like this. Your head would spin. Like nobody's ever seen. The Eagles are the enemy of the people. They throw batteries at Sants Claus!!!!!!!! The Eagles are working with Ghina and Hugo Chavez's ghost to steal the playoffs! Everybody knows it. Derrrrrrrrrppppppp.
                Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• I think indy lucked into a pretty good coach in Frank Reich when McDaniels left them at the altar ... controversial decisions today but was being aggressive

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                    I think indy lucked into a pretty good coach in Frank Reich when McDaniels left them at the altar ... controversial decisions today but was being aggressive
                    At least he tried to win the game, unlike when Caldwell went too conservative when the Lions had the lead vs Dallas in his first playoff game with Detroit back in 2014.

And, as we all know, the other playoff game that Caldwell coached for Detroit, vs. Seattle in 2016, the Lions lost by 20 points.
                    "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                    My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post

At least he tried to win the game, unlike when Caldwell went too conservative when the Lions had the lead vs Dallas in his first playoff game with Detroit back in 2014.

And, as we all know, the other playoff game that Caldwell coached for Detroit, vs. Seattle in 2016, the Lions lost by 20 points.
                      That 2014 game still pisses me off. Our DL was owning them in the first half then in the 2nd half Dallas was holding on what seemed like every play with zero F’s given by the refs.

We would have been demolished the next week in Green Bay but it still pisses me off
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Eagles can Pederson. That's got to be among the shortest tenures, if not the shortest, after a Super Bowl win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                          Eagles can Pederson. That's got to be among the shortest tenures, if not the shortest, after a Super Bowl win.
                          I'll take him on the Lions. He's done it. They can keep Stafford awhile in that case

Comment

• He got fired for a reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              He got fired for a reason.
                              Won the Super Bowl for a reason, too

Comment

• Sounds like a pretty fractured relationship there, whether that's more on him or ownership/management, who knows. He also may not have been able to come back to that team after the Sudfeld incident.

Comment

Working...
                                X