NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post

As has been noted in years before, the NFL should change the playoff seeding rules so that winning the division doesn't mean an automatic home playoff game.
    Nope. Why bother with divisions?
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Nope. Why bother with divisions?
      Because winning the division would still be a guaranteed playoff spot, regardless of your record.

Comment

• Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post

Because winning the division would still be a guaranteed playoff spot, regardless of your record.
        You know that rule get changed just before the Lions win the division for the first time since 1993
        The only logical explanation is:
        I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Nope. Leave it as it is.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I like the way it is, but wouldn’t care if it’s changed. Very rare to see a division winner with a losing record. It happened in the year Seattle beat New Orleans in the Wild Card round ... the famous Marshawn Lynch big run game. Seattle was a 7-9 or 6-10 division winner.

It looks like Tom Brady and the Buccaneers will be the team that lucks out by playing the 4th seed NFC East winner. Perhaps adding another playoff win to Brady’s resume. Weird instance where the 5th seed gets a better playoff matchup than the 2nd and 3rd seed teams.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
              Insane. Top 3-5 best NFL game this year, if not the best.

Tua didn’t look good. Only watched the 2nd half, but woof. Looks uncomfortable in the pocket and shaky at making intermediate throws.
              I'm yet to buy into his hype. Herbert is a different story. Prototype.

Originally posted by gibby View Post

Perfect fit for the Lions. Getting a player pre-lionized would be a time saver

Originally posted by BJK View Post

Valdez-Scantling and Aaron Jones were both late round draft picks and Lazard and Tonyan were undrafted. These were guys who out there for the taking by anyone. In fact, Tonyan was a Lion. This is the difference between good franchises and the Lions of the world. They successfully mine the draft and even UDFA year after year because they recognize guys that fit what they want to do.
              They've had some misses too. Better FO and coaches make better decisions and everyone look a lot better.
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Just had a little nibble on the Bills at 9/1 to win the Super Bowl. They look like the best team in the NFL to me at the moment.

Comment

• I would put my money on a repeat. Probably not getting betable odds on that one though.
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                    I would put my money on a repeat. Probably not getting betable odds on that one though.
                    2/1. So bet $10 to win $30.

I think the Bills are at long odds for the kind of football they’re playing. I guess they’ll have to go to Arrowhead to get to the Super Bowl though.

I still think that looks like long odds for a team who look as complete as the Bills. Better D than KC.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                      If you offered a trade straight up GB's skill position players for KC's... Green Bay doesn't hesitate to accept and Kansas City laughs you out of the room.

That's not to say that Green Bay is a bunch of talentless hacks (the worst Green Bay receiver is probably better than the Lions best, for example), but the Chiefs assortment of weapons is an embarrassment of riches. They bailed Mahomes out of a lot of stupid throws his first couple of years.
                      You are vastly overeating KC's Receiving options outside of Hill and Kelce. Kelce is really the only thing that puts KC ahead.

Adams >>> Hill
                      Kelce >>>>> Tonyan

Rest of wr's are roughly equal and both backfields are equally solid and deep with two quality all purpose backs.

Packers offensive line is definitely better.

Kelce being better than Tonyan by a larger margin than Adams is over Hill I guess is the only real argument but I think offensive line quality more than negates that. I'd take the better offensive line any day.

Comment

• IDK.
                        Don’t think Adams and Hill are that far apart. Hill has slightly cooled off recently due to a hamstring issue. Prior to the nagging injury, Hill nearly put up 300 yards receiving vs the Buccaneers.
                        But sure... Adams is possibly the best WR in the NFL right now. Diggs and Hopkins up there too.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• You can’t sleep on the elite speed of Watkins/Hardman. Even Robinson is a solid WR. KC gets a lot of production outside of Hill/Kelce.

Adams is a stud, but he gets hurt a lot. That’s my only knock on him.

Comment

• No love for Calvin Ridley? Put him up there among the best WR.

Comment

• Urban Meyer “expected to be Jacksonville Jaguars next head coach” according to Rotoworld.

That’s going to be entertaining if true...

Anticipation Popcorn GIF
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                                Urban Meyer “expected to be Jacksonville Jaguars next head coach” according to Rotoworld.

That’s going to be entertaining if true...

Anticipation Popcorn GIF
                                It would be hilarious if he drafted Fields and Lawrence ended up a Jet after all ... think it'll still be Lawrence at 1 tho
                                WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

Working...
                                X