4th seed Colts Eagles
    5th seed: Raiders Buccaneers
    6th seed: Dolphins Rams
    7th seed: Ravens Seahawks
    Bubble
    Titans Bears
    Browns Lions

If only Swift catches a sure TD...
    Lions beat the Cards, I think Seattle or the Rams win that division. We need to pray Minny wins tonight.

Anyway, what's everyone's projection at this juncture?

Comment

• I just can’t see the Lions making it. Any decent team pull this team apart like a wishbone. The D hands out career days to mediocre QB’s like confetti. Can’t hang with divisional opponents.

Even if Swift catches that ball, this team is going nowhere.

Comment

• The Bears look trash. Horrible offense. Incredible the Lions made them look like KC in the last 17 minutes.

Comment

• Was just thinking I wouldn't mind the Lions making a run at JUJU in 2021. He should hit UFA, doesn't turn 24 until next week (more than 3 years younger than Golladay), might cost less than he would've a couple years back. Great team first attitude even through the Johnson/Claypool emergencex. Golladay is probably the better WR at this moment but who knows with the cost
          WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• At the end of the day, the limiting factor is that goddamn defense. If the defense was even league average, I'm not even talking Top 5 or anything... just AVERAGE... this team is probably 6-3 and people are thinking they might just win a freakin' playoff game, maybe even TWO.

Comment

• Chem, this shit isn't rocket science.
              When the Lions have offense, they have no defense.
              When the Lions have defense, the have no offense.

The extremely few times post Schmidt era the Lions have had both (i.e both in the top half of the league), they do what they usually do, find new inventive ways to trip over their dick.

Lions have only 1 time in the last 50 years (post-1970) had both ranked in the top 10 - and lo and behold that was the season where they registered their only playoff win in our lifetimes.

TBH, since then it's pretty much been a revolving door of extremely futile attempts at building an offense at the expense of the defense. I mean shit, what organization goes two fucking decades without drafting either a DE to go get the other QB, or a CB to cover his best WR in the 1st rd? Lions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                Was just thinking I wouldn't mind the Lions making a run at JUJU in 2021. He should hit UFA, doesn't turn 24 until next week (more than 3 years younger than Golladay), might cost less than he would've a couple years back. Great team first attitude even through the Johnson/Claypool emergencex. Golladay is probably the better WR at this moment but who knows with the cost
                Absolutely not. He is going to get WR money from someone and he's proven he's not a #1 WR. He's a good kid and a name.
                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Weird question ... for some reason this season I always notice NFL players (especially QBs) grabbing their own jersey collar with both hands while standing on the sidelines (sometimes while being interviewed too, etc). It kind of looks like how sensei Kreese holds his collar in the Karate Kid/ Cobra Kai stuff

Is this a new trend or was I just missing it before?

Comment

• Just missing it. I can't point to the first time seeing it but its definitely not brand new

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                      Weird question ... for some reason this season I always notice NFL players (especially QBs) grabbing their own jersey collar with both hands while standing on the sidelines (sometimes while being interviewed too, etc). It kind of looks like how sensei Kreese holds his collar in the Karate Kid/ Cobra Kai stuff

Is this a new trend or was I just missing it before?
                      Not new but trending like a monkey see, monkey do wild fire.

I never really noticed players doing the Mahomes shoulder and arm muscle flex (with a scream to whomever) after a good play but now I see countless players doing it (not just in fb).

🐔 or the 🥚 conundrum. J/k

In the end, both issues are too trivial to really give a 💩
                      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Kermit dahommie didn't start that. He's copy catting other people too.
                        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Inside the John Harbaugh, Mike Vrabel pregame exchange

Posted by Mike Florio on November 25, 2020, 5:44 AM EST

USA Today Sports

After Sunday’s game between the Titans and Ravens, both Tennessee coach Mike Vrabel and Baltimore coach John Harbaugh downplayed a pregame interaction sparked by Harbaugh approaching Titans players who were on the Ravens’ midfield crest.

As usual, however, NFL Films cameras and microphones are everywhere.

Andrew Siciliano of NFL Network posted a clip from Showtime’s Inside the NFL containing the exchange.

Harbaugh says, “It’s disrespectful.”

Vrabel dismissively waves his call sheet as he says, “Go coach.”

“It’s disrespectful.”

“Go coach a game.”

They trade more words that are hard to hear (an “F” bomb may or may not be included) before they return to their “tastes great” vs. “less filling” exchange: “It’s disrespectful” and “go coach.”

So, yes, something happened. And, yes, the decision of Harbaugh to dismiss Vrabel’s attempted handshake after the game ended (both coaches claim that a handshake happened) now makes more sense.

Comment

• Count me in the Vrabel camp on this one. Harbaugh should worry about coaching the game instead of whether opposing players were standing on a dumb logo.

Comment

• Forsh you want to suit up today?

NFL declined Broncos’ request to let assistant coaches suit up and play QB

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 29, 2020, 7:37 AM EST
                              The Broncos were desperate enough for a quarterback that they asked the NFL to allow assistant coaches to play today against the Saints. But the league said no.

Mike Klis of 9 News in Denver reports that the Broncos asked if they could have one of their offensive quality control coaches, Justin Rascati or Rob Calabrese, play quarterback today. But the league would not allow it.

This has happened before. In 2009, the Eagles were short on quarterbacks in training camp and asked if they could have one of their coaching interns, Matt Nagy, play quarterback in a preseason game. Nagy, now the Bears’ head coach, actually practiced with the Eagles for one day before the NFL said that moving him from the coaching staff to the roster would constitute a violation of the league’s limits on roster sizes.

Rascati quarterbacked James Madison to the FCS national championship in 2004. Calabrese was a part-time quarterback at UCF from 2008 to 2012 and threw for 1,276 yards in his college career.

With those options out, the Broncos are going with practice squad receiver Kendall Hinton at quarterback today

Comment

• haha right

Comment

Working...
                                X