• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's not good

Lamar Jackson claims defenses are calling out Ravens’ plays

Posted by Charean Williams on November 11, 2020, 3:48 PM EST

Getty Images

The Ravens rank only 23rd in total offense, including 31st in passing, and Lamar Jackson does not look like the same quarterback who won the MVP award last season. He has 12 touchdowns, four interceptions and a 95.1 passer rating, while running for 469 yards and three touchdowns on 79 carries.

The quarterback said Wednesday on the Rich Eisen Show that the Ravens are too predictable.

“They’re calling out our plays, stuff like that,” Jackson told Eisen, via ESPN. “They know what we’re doing. Sometimes, stuff won’t go our way, if they’re beating us to the punch.”

Yes, Jackson confirmed, other teams are calling out the Ravens’ plays.

“Yeah, they definitely do,” Jackson said. “Like ‘run’ and stuff like that. ‘Watch out for this; watch out for that.’ Sometimes that’s what’s going on.”

The Ravens finished last season ranked first in points scored at 31.4 per game and second in total yards at 407.6 per game. They are averaging 24.8 points and 347 yards this season.

The Ravens are 6-2 at the halfway mark and headed toward the postseason. But unless they find their way on offense, they don’t look like the contender many expected them to be.

“We had our ups that first week and then we had our downs,” said Jackson, whose 1,513 passing yards ranks 27th in the NFL. “Usually we’re a high level offense. But it’s been all right. It’s not where we want to be. We’re still winning. So, it’s all right, I guess.”
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Lamar, that much should be expected.
      Try being a Lions fan and knowing the other team actually knows what we know - the exact play being called - because the play calling is so bland and the personnel in the huddle give away the play call in the first place.

Comment

• I was about to say, "That's nuthin'. Just wait until they're calling out the exact play you're going to run like they do with the Lions."

Comment

• Corey Davis on playing after his brother’s death: This is what he wanted me to do

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 13, 2020, 4:43 AM EST

USA Today

Titans wide receiver Corey Davis played on Thursday night just a day after his brother, Titus Davis, died of cancer at the age of 27. Afterward Corey Davis said it was his brother’s wish that he continue to play.

Titus Davis was a star wide receiver at Central Michigan and had a brief NFL career, and Corey Davis wanted to play football because he so looked up to his older brother.

“As he was laying there all he kept telling my sister was to tell me to play, regardless of what happens,” Davis said.. “He just kept telling me to play, telling me to play throughout the whole process. That’s my biggest fan. Since I was a little kid I was always chasing after him and trying to be like him. I wore his number every year to copy him. He thought it was annoying, but I looked up to him tremendously. That was my idol, my hero. I tried to honor him tonight.”

Davis said he was thinking of his brother throughout the game.

“It was heavy on my mind, every play,” Davis said. “But I just kept thinking this is what he wanted me to do. He wouldn’t want me to be sad and sulk and feel sorry for myself. I obviously miss him and wish he was here, but I know he’s in a better place and that he was with me today.”

On a rough night for the Titans, Davis was one of the few bright spots, leading the team with five catches for 67 yards.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Big dogs got to eat...

CBS will broadcast NFL over Masters, if it comes to it

Posted by Mike Florio on November 12, 2020, 4:52 PM EST

Getty Images

The NFL will bend for the Masters, but it won’t break.

According to Sports Business Daily, CBS will switch from the final round of the delayed-since-April golf classic if the final holes haven’t been played by 4:00 p.m. ET on Sunday, when CBS televises a regional slate of games.

ABC would broadcast any remaining golf, with the CBS announcers still handling the call. Since 1956, CBS has televised every hole of every Masters tournament.

Bad weather isn’t expected for Sunday, but a prolonged playoff could intersect with football.

The NFL already has pushed multiple games from 1:00 p.m. ET into the late-afternoon window, in order to minimize conflicts with the Masters. CBS, which has no early games, will televise Bills-Cardinals, Broncos-Raiders, and Chargers-Dolphins at 4:05 p.m. ET. FOX has Seahawks-Rams, 49ers-Saints, and the cross-flex of Bengals-Steelers at 4:25 p.m. ET.

Comment

• Someone wagered $99,000 on the Packers to beat the Jaguars, at -1100 odds

Posted by Mike Florio on November 12, 2020, 4:37 PM EST

USA TODAY Sports

The Packers seem to be a sure thing this weekend. At least one bettor thinks so.

According to David Purdum of ESPN.com, someone placed a $99,000 wager on the Packers to beat the Jaguars with the William Hill sports book in Nevada. At odds of -1100, the bet will pay a mere $9,000 if the Packers win.

It could be the easiest $9,000 that the bettor ever makes. Or it could be a lesson well learned that, as a wise man has said repeatedly, “That’s why they play the games.”

The weather could be a factor on Sunday, with a high of 44 degrees, ran in the forecast, sustained winds in the range of 25 miles per hour, and gusts into the mid-30s. There’s also a chance that the Packers will pick Sunday to be one of those days when they just don’t have it.

It’s obviously unlikely, as the odds indicate. Still, if the game ends within eight points or so, the $9,000 arguably won’t be worth whatever anxiety the bettor will have experienced. And if the Jaguars somehow win, well, there goes money that the bettor could have done plenty of good with.

But in America the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness includes the ability to make bad decisions. Come Sunday, we’ll see if this is one of them. Win or lose, it already sort of feels like it is.
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JAX has more of a shot at winning then Daffy Duck

Comment

• I like that picture of Rodgers.

Comment

• and I thought putting $200 on moneyline Virginia over UMBC was going to be an easy betting win.... you know, the #1 seed that lost to a #16 seed in the NCAA tourney a few years ago.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Hey look. A first round CB is available. Will Quinn jump on

Armed robbery charges against DeAndre Baker dropped

Posted by Josh Alper on November 16, 2020, 11:25 AM EST

Getty Images

Former Giants cornerback DeAndre Baker is no longer facing armed robbery charges.

The Broward County (Florida) State’s Attorney’s office announced on Monday that four armed robbery charges against Baker have been dropped. The news was the second development of the day in the case.

The attorney for Baker’s accusers was arrested on Monday after allegedly making an attempt to extort Baker. Ryan Dunleavy of the New York Post reports that William Dean initially demanded $1.5 million and worked his way down to requesting $800,000 in exchange for his clients changing their statements about witnessing Baker rob people in May.

Dean’s three clients reportedly recanted their statements last week. The fourth person accusing Baker of robbery is not represented by Dean and did not show up for an October hearing.

Seahawks cornerback Quinton Dunbar originally faced similar charges to those that Baker faces, but they were dropped for lack of evidence. His attorney Michael Grieco withdrew from the case amid allegations that he orchestrated payoffs to witnesses in order to get them to change their statements.

Baker was released by the Giants in September. He could still face discipline from the league, but Dunbar has not and the dismissal of the charges would seem to open the door to his return to action.

Comment

• Sign him up.

Comment

• Can't hurt.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
                          Sign him up.
                          Absolutely.

DeAndre Baker was commonly mocked to the Lions months prior to the 2019 NFL Draft (the TJ Hockenson #8 overall draft). Baker's draft status fell off eventually.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Well there's a 1 in 32 chance ... maybe 31 doubt he'll go back to NYG
                            WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• I would be absolutely shocked. And even if it were to happen I would chalk it up to him probably being a bust that we didn't know he was a bust.

Comment

• JORDAN HOWARDRB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

Dolphins waived RB Jordan Howard.

Signed to a two-year deal with Miami this offseason, Howard's departure should still land Philadelphia a sixth-round compensatory pick under the new CBA. The 26-year-old finishes his Dolphins tenure with 28 carries for 33 yards and four rushing scores, averaging 1.17 yards per carry across five appearances. Any suitors looking to add Howard as depth would only be on the hook for $721,000 for the rest of this season. UDFA Salvon Ahmed played 44-of-58 snaps and handled 84% of the team's backfield carries without Howard on Sunday, presumably becoming the Dolphins' workhorse until Myles Gaskin (knee) returns. Expect Ahmed to headline John Daigle's Waiver Wire column on Tuesday.

RELATED:
                                Nov 16, 2020, 2:09 PM

Comment

Working...
                                X